over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety

PlentyOfJuice

Newbies
Hey, thanks in advance for any response.

Ok, I've been acting weird recently, and can't figure out why.

For about the past month and a half, I haven't felt really involved in any conversation I've been in. I've been more and more withdrawn, and increasingly anxious around strangers, and even people I know.

I'm not interested in sex. I can go for days without rubbing one off; and not even notice. Before I was lucky if I could keep it down to 1/day.

I feel like I'm "choking" when I'm talking to people. I have trouble relaxing, and when I can relax I don't really feel like talking, or that I have anything to say. And if I'm relaxed enough to be talkative, I'm a jerk and generally nasty to people.

Today, I had a job interview; and bombed it. I tried to bs my way through most of it (which I'm usually really good with). Questions like "give an example of when you had a really tough customer..." and I stammered my way through it.

Then my dad calls up, who I haven't spoken to since around Easter, and the same stagefright sensation hits. This isn't normal.

Lil help?
Thanks;

By the way, I'm natural; 22yrs old; named after a goofy my german instructor told.

Oh ya, and I've been sleeping at random times. Sunday afternoon, I went out to pick up starbucks around noonish; came back to my house and crashed. Yesterday morning after class, I slept around 10am-12, then again after working legs from 7-830.

I've never napped in my life. Even when I was a little kid, I hated naps. When I went to a military academy, I wouldn't nap. Trying to get as full a disclosure as possible.

Thanks again,
-me

POJ,

You say this isn't normal? Well from where I'm sitting it's very normal. Anxiety and social phobia (which you are undoubtedly experiencing) is so common I'd say almost every person during their life feels it.

Every single symptom you descibed is indicative of the above completely unofficial diagnosis.

Sex drive. Why would your body consider having sex when it believes you are in peril?

Appetite. You need every strength to flee or fight if necessary, your body isn't going to waste precious calories digesting food.

Breathing. The increase in adrenaline is requiring that you take in more oxygen and you are probably still trying to breathe at the same pace. Hyperventilation ( a few moments of deep breathing) can actually reduce your adrenaline levels.

Sleep. You sleep patterns are disturbed because your body chemistry, electrlytes, etc. are probably all out of whack. So you are not getting your needed rest during the night and are making up for it during the day.

My OPINION is this: before you start getting into the hows and whys this came on, get to your family doctor and explain EXACTLY what you just explained here. They are not going to dope you up. Just take enough of the edge off so you can think all this through. Getting over this usually, in my oipinion, requires both medication and some psychotherapy. Either one alone is not nearly as successful as both together.

You're okay. You're normal. It's just your body malfunctioning in a mild way and it's almost always fully treatable with a very high success rate.

Get it done! Do you know how many times I've heard your description? From business owners to politicians to welfare cases. You got some high-class company. Also I think a benzodiazapine will bring back your libido and then you can do all the rubbing you want.

Last edited:
Thanks;

in the mean time, what about caffeine intake? I don't use any thermogenics, but usually have a venti starbucks (black) every morning. Would it be worth the trouble to quit, or would it probably not really matter that much?

Again, thanks for the advice,
-me

PlentyOfJuice said:
Thanks;

in the mean time, what about caffeine intake? I don't use any thermogenics, but usually have a venti starbucks (black) every morning. Would it be worth the trouble to quit, or would it probably not really matter that much?

Again, thanks for the advice,
-me
No thanks necessary. Caffeine is a CNS stimulant. That's bad. No smoking. Also watch out for ephedrine (2nd generation beta-agonists) and clenbuterol (third-generation). These can give you shaky hands, tremor, heavy breathing, nervousness, anxiety and at least some evidence shows that some of these sides can be permanant due to the action on the beta receptors. In other words, they mess with the chemicals in your brain - also not good.

Hi there, My name is Rick and what your experiencing is a mild anxiety disorder. It is caused by many triggers and is quite easily treated! It is generally labelled as a type of depression. Many bodybuilders are susceptible to this due to many factors ie. juicing heavily, overtraining and stress on the body, coming off roids, other traumatic events occuring concurrently. All this can lead to a mild chemical imbalance in the brain.
When you have trouble breathing and thinking clearly you are experiencing a mild panic attack. Sometimes it gets so bad you can totally freak out and think your going to die or go crazy!!! But this won't happen (just feels like it)

Your best way to sort out the problem is to go to your Doctor. He will most likely prescribe you some mild anti depressants and hopefully some Xanax tabs(Alprazolam) which are a type of tranquiliser that is fantastic for getting rid of Anxiety related stress and panic attacks!
Sorry I don't have time to reply in more detail but hope this helps...:) :) :)

I don't mean to look like an attention whore, but I was thinking about this last night and this morning, and felt it might help to air it out. Right now, I'm just trying to get this out on paper, so that when I go to a doctor I'll have something to refer back to. Not necessarily fishing for a response, but if someone feels like chiming in...please feel free. :)

Road Rage
Generally I'm easy going, mild mannered; in general calm. I've never been in a physical fight in my life (in part because I was always bigger than other kids, in part because I can empathize with people and can kind of get along with everyone). The past couple of weeks, I've been going ballistic if someone misses a turn signal. I'll scream obscenities, and accelerate by. It's not that I'm not aware of what I'm doing, and can even control it, but just don't feel compelled.

Lifting
My lifting is a lot more focused, and I've been able to do heavier weights. It's like I can focus my anger and dump it at the gym. Especially on deads. Up until now, deads and db bench have been my couch/release.

Girls
For the time being, I'm comfortable with my looks, and confident in my physique. However, I have never really approached women not because of fear, but because of my fear of being afraid. I hate that feeling of bombing. It doesn't happen all the time. But for the most part, when I don't feel on top of the world, I won't talk up girls because I don't want to choke.

When I do feel invencible (hyperbole) I'm reluctant to talk to girls because I don't want to lose the almost manic (maybe not in a clinical sense, I'm not familiar enough with the term) feeling I have.

Almost all the relationships I've had, I've either met the girl through someone else, or she threw herself at me. This one chick at a bar hounded me for my number; this other girl introduced herself at a party and made arrangements through a mutual friend for us to go hot-tubbing; a girl at starbucks flat out asked "do you have a girlfriend...would you like one?".

I'll edit and add more as I think of stuff to say here if you don't mind.
Oh ya, thanks again to everyone

Patterns, Years, Numbers, and Charms
Growing up, Bouts like this would hit it seemed every couple of years. Needless to say, they were not fun. I couldn't figure out why it was that all of the sudden, I'd suck (when I say suck, it's irritating knowing you're capable of doing something, then all of the sudden...you can't do it). Then all of the sudden, the next year I feel fine; but still remember the past year. I guess as a coping mechanism, I'd try and remember things that were associated with those periods and there was a stigma attached to them.

I became wicked superstitious about patterns. I'd repeat in my head the same series of good numbers while trying to block out the bad. Thinking back on it, I can remember when I was a little kid (had to have been aroud 7 or 8) being at the YMCA and thinking to myself over and over...good for now

Analogues
I appologize if this bumps this thread, but I don't think it should.

Anyhoo, thought of an analogy as to how this feels now when I'm around people. It's almost like a lawn mower that won't start. Or atleast this is how I've been feeling the past week or so.

I want to go out, and interact with people. However, every time I try and start a conversation, I just don't feel like putting any entheuiasm(sp) into it. I push, and push, and push; but I can't quite get into a groove where I'm relaxed enough to just flow. Or maybe I'm not confident enough to just let go and trust myself.

Like I can remember for football games, or even powerlifting meets there were times that I felt unstoppable. At the snap of the ball I was 100% in the moment. Then there were other times, where everything felt surreal. It felt like it was happening before I was ready for it to. Or it's like the difference between when you can get up for a lift, and when you can't. That feeling. The difference between being there, and not. That's as tangible as I can make it for now.

Oh ya, Another thing that I can remember from 2001 is that when I first broke it for any length of time I remeber driving Roy home, and thinking that it was almost kind of a difference of perspective. That I could jump between mindsets at will. Like the staircase illusion. At first, you look at it; and the stairs come out at you. You're on top of them. Then you notice that they could go in, like you're looking them from beneath. So you can go back and forth from top to bottom. But then there are times that you forget what the other side looks like. And as hard as you force yourself, you can't see it the other way. Then you relax, don't think about it and BAM! there it is.

Danke;

Last edited:
PlentyOfJuice said:
I became wicked superstitious about patterns. I'd repeat in my head the same series of good numbers while trying to block out the bad.

Danke;

You from Boston?

Sounds like what I was going through... a little. Needed to busy my brain with something besides my brain. Got better.

Okay,

Tt

PlentyOfJuice said:
I don't mean to look like an attention whore, but I was thinking about this last night and this morning, and felt it might help to air it out. Right now, I'm just trying to get this out on paper, so that when I go to a doctor I'll have something to refer back to. Not necessarily fishing for a response, but if someone feels like chiming in...please feel free. :)

Road Rage
Generally I'm easy going, mild mannered; in general calm. I've never been in a physical fight in my life (in part because I was always bigger than other kids, in part because I can empathize with people and can kind of get along with everyone). The past couple of weeks, I've been going ballistic if someone misses a turn signal. I'll scream obscenities, and accelerate by. It's not that I'm not aware of what I'm doing, and can even control it, but just don't feel compelled.

Lifting
My lifting is a lot more focused, and I've been able to do heavier weights. It's like I can focus my anger and dump it at the gym. Especially on deads. Up until now, deads and db bench have been my couch/release.

Girls
For the time being, I'm comfortable with my looks, and confident in my physique. However, I have never really approached women not because of fear, but because of my fear of being afraid. I hate that feeling of bombing. It doesn't happen all the time. But for the most part, when I don't feel on top of the world, I won't talk up girls because I don't want to choke.

When I do feel invencible (hyperbole) I'm reluctant to talk to girls because I don't want to lose the almost manic (maybe not in a clinical sense, I'm not familiar enough with the term) feeling I have.

Almost all the relationships I've had, I've either met the girl through someone else, or she threw herself at me. This one chick at a bar hounded me for my number; this other girl introduced herself at a party and made arrangements through a mutual friend for us to go hot-tubbing; a girl at starbucks flat out asked "do you have a girlfriend...would you like one?".

Growing up, Bouts like this would hit it seemed every couple of years. Needless to say, they were not fun. I couldn't figure out why it was that all of the sudden, I'd suck (when I say suck, it's irritating knowing you're capable of doing something, then all of the sudden...you can't do it). Then all of the sudden, the next year I feel fine; but still remember the past year. I guess as a coping mechanism, I'd try and remember things that were associated with those periods and there was a stigma attached to them.

I became wicked superstitious about patterns. I'd repeat in my head the same series of good numbers while trying to block out the bad. Thinking back on it, I can remember when I was a little kid (had to have been aroud 7 or 8) being at the YMCA and thinking to myself over and over...good for now

Analogues

Anyhoo, thought of an analogy as to how this feels now when I'm around people. It's almost like a lawn mower that won't start. Or atleast this is how I've been feeling the past week or so.

I want to go out, and interact with people. However, every time I try and start a conversation, I just don't feel like putting any entheuiasm(sp) into it. I push, and push, and push; but I can't quite get into a groove where I'm relaxed enough to just flow. Or maybe I'm not confident enough to just let go and trust myself.

Like I can remember for football games, or even powerlifting meets there were times that I felt unstoppable. At the snap of the ball I was 100% in the moment. Then there were other times, where everything felt surreal. It felt like it was happening before I was ready for it to. Or it's like the difference between when you can get up for a lift, and when you can't. That feeling. The difference between being there, and not. That's as tangible as I can make it for now.

Oh ya, Another thing that I can remember from 2001 is that when I first broke it for any length of time I remeber driving Roy home, and thinking that it was almost kind of a difference of perspective. That I could jump between mindsets at will. Like the staircase illusion. At first, you look at it; and the stairs come out at you. You're on top of them. Then you notice that they could go in, like you're looking them from beneath. So you can go back and forth from top to bottom. But then there are times that you forget what the other side looks like. And as hard as you force yourself, you can't see it the other way. Then you relax, don't think about it and BAM! there it is.

Danke;
Don't worry about whoring. You worry too much period. The road rage... you just need to get a grip on that period. Suck it up and get a hold of yourself. Chew gum or something.

As far as he rest is all resulting from insecurities and what sounds like OCD. Don't bother approaching a woman when you are insecure because I'd swear they can smell it in the air. You need to come to grips with the fact that you have strengths and weaknesses and accept them both ("own them" so to speak) and then work on improving them. You're only human and people make mistakes and you surely will. Worrying about it now is just setting you up for mishaps.

Lastly, as I read that. I think constructive self-analysis is a good thing. But there is such a thing as over-analysis. This is the point at which the analysis itself become obsessive. Which makes sense because it seems, ever since you were a young boy, you've been obssessive or compulsive.

I'm glad you're seeing someone. In time while you may not be able to completely rid yourself of some of these traits as they are what make you what you are, you can GAIN CONTROL of them. This is where self-mastery becomes the paramount goal in your life - as it should be with all people.

Good luck.

OTH

Mood Disorder Questionnaire...

PlentyOfJuice said:

Road Rage

Lifting

Girls

Analogues

Danke;

Sounds like you might want to go to **broken link removed** , fill out the questionnaire, and share the info with your physician.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear