advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any reasoning for coming off ALL supps for a month or so?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I'm not talking about AAS, I run one cycle at the end of spring through summer for aesthetic reasons, I don't compete. I'm talking about general health supps, here is my current daily protocol:

Biotin
Probiotic
Metformin
Krill Oil
Fish Oil
MSM
Liv 52
L-Citrulline
Orange Triad Multi
Coq-10
BCAA's

Synthetine/Synthergine on workout days, sometimes evening primrose and melatonin before bed but not consistently.

I'm also on an accutane cycle right now and using Tudca with it. Any reason to take a break from everything? Just speaking in regards to general health....

Or hell anything I should maybe add?!

You don't need to cycle vitamins and minerals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool thanks, so is that the general consensus? None of that filler and crap they put in this stuff to produce it is harmful enough to take a break from?

General health supps IMO do not need to be cycled. If you happen to miss a few days here or there it's not going to hurt you.

Metformin is not a supplement bro. I would stay away from that thing but thats just me. There are advantages using it for bodybuilding purposes and some studies show health benefits but I would personally wait for a lot more of research about that.

There are 90 essential nutrients that the body needs to receive every single day of life. They are the essential raw materials for proper function. To perform every single biochemical process in the body. If those nutrients are not present, is only a matter of time until something breaks. Commonly chronic diseases that look normal these days, but they are not. They have their origin in catastrophically deplorable diets specially here in the U.S., unfortunately the country with one of the worst diets in the world.

Those nutrients are 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 aminoacids and 2 fatty acids. Of course those fillers and caps are junk, thats why you have to buy certified proven products. They are more expensive, but theyre the real deal. The supplement industry is not regulated, it moves billions every year, and theres no way to guarantee quality unless you stick for known reputable companies.

Not putting the essential 90 nutrients in your body everyday is equivalent to running a car without ever changing oil, low on coolant, low on break fluid, low on transmission fluid and always on 2nd or 3rd gear. To make it run better, dump an octane booster in it. Thats what people do. They feel like crap every day, they drink coffee every day accelerating the process of death.

Supplementing a nutrient that you would normally get in a perfect diet should not need any break. Taking a drug or chemical to try and micromanage/manipulate your body with, then there could be a good cause there for a break.

I know the late great Vince Gironda recommended taking a two day break from all supplements every week. He claimed it would keep you from over-saturation and allow you to be able to quickly and theoretically more efficiently utilize them once re-introduced.

I know it works for herbs not too sure about vits/mins tho.

I always cycle vitamins and supplements. I feel it's a good thing to let your body ingest only whole foods here and there. Or even detox from time to time and fast.

I know the late great Vince Gironda recommended taking a two day break from all supplements every week. He claimed it would keep you from over-saturation and allow you to be able to quickly and theoretically more efficiently utilize them once re-introduced.

I know it works for herbs not too sure about vits/mins tho.

I try to take one day a week off of everything.
no sups, no drugs, no injs.

there are times where I don't but I think it is better to take that day off.

I also think fasting for some time is good for us.

in general we are too obsessed with taking shit. lol :lightbulb:

breaks are good!

Metformin is not a supplement bro. I would stay away from that thing but thats just me. There are advantages using it for bodybuilding purposes and some studies show health benefits but I would personally wait for a lot more of research about that.

There are 90 essential nutrients that the body needs to receive every single day of life. They are the essential raw materials for proper function. To perform every single biochemical process in the body. If those nutrients are not present, is only a matter of time until something breaks. Commonly chronic diseases that look normal these days, but they are not. They have their origin in catastrophically deplorable diets specially here in the U.S., unfortunately the country with one of the worst diets in the world.

Those nutrients are 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 aminoacids and 2 fatty acids. Of course those fillers and caps are junk, thats why you have to buy certified proven products. They are more expensive, but theyre the real deal. The supplement industry is not regulated, it moves billions every year, and theres no way to guarantee quality unless you stick for known reputable companies.

Not putting the essential 90 nutrients in your body everyday is equivalent to running a car without ever changing oil, low on coolant, low on break fluid, low on transmission fluid and always on 2nd or 3rd gear. To make it run better, dump an octane booster in it. Thats what people do. They feel like crap every day, they drink coffee every day accelerating the process of death.

Damn someone could make a nice how-to regarding all that. It'd take a lot of time though. Time to research. Thanks for the info.

I try to take one day a week off of everything.
no sups, no drugs, no injs.

there are times where I don't but I think it is better to take that day off.

I also think fasting for some time is good for us.

in general we are too obsessed with taking shit. lol :lightbulb:

breaks are good!

Very interesting that you mention that. Sporadic fasting is EXTREMELY healthy. Naturopathic doctors recommend to incorporate sporadic fasting in the lifestyle. The main health benefit, our current levels of stress and environmental toxicity allows for too many cell mutations. Of course a good diet with good supplements help combat most of the free radicals circulating in the body but at times it can become overwhelmed. When you fast, the first cells to literally starve and die, are the mutated/carcinogen cells.

I personally think everything should be cycled.

Very interesting that you mention that. Sporadic fasting is EXTREMELY healthy. Naturopathic doctors recommend to incorporate sporadic fasting in the lifestyle. The main health benefit, our current levels of stress and environmental toxicity allows for too many cell mutations. Of course a good diet with good supplements help combat most of the free radicals circulating in the body but at times it can become overwhelmed. When you fast, the first cells to literally starve and die, are the mutated/carcinogen cells.

since 09 I think I have ONLY eaten around training.

common diet here is all about inflammation...

questions

(edit)

Hey eaglecall,

What about the vitamins, minerals, etc. that are stored in your body?

Do you think it necessary to ‘top off the tank’ every day?

Any danger in having too much? How to know?

And do you think your body is designed to absorb / utilize concentrated,
above what is necessary, amounts of nutrients daily? (Think supplements.)

Thank you.

since 09 I think I have ONLY eaten around training.

common diet here is all about inflammation...

Exactly. Constant high calorie intake non stop causes chronic inflammation in the body that most of the time is non symptomatic. This inflammation is at a microscopic level but repeat that process for 7 days, 30 days, 365 days, then years, something gotta give up. The body IS NOT designed for that purpose.

Hey eaglecall,

What about the vitamins, minerals, etc. that are stored in your body?

Do you think it necessary to ‘top off the tank’ every day?

Any danger in having too much? How to know?

And do you think your body is designed to absorb / utilize concentrated,
above what is necessary, amounts of nutrients daily? (Think supplements.)

Thank you.

Again, I am not a doctor and I have no degree in any field of medical science. All I know is what I have learned in my own free time in a few years studying from naturopathic doctors who claim knowledge based on real scientific studies.

You are correct, the body store nutrients in the organs and bones, being the most important, minerals. Is there a risk in "topping off the tank"? short answer, no. BUT, if you put in your body astronomical doses of nutrients, of course theres always a possibility of overwhelming an organ and reach toxic levels. That though, is hard to happen. Some people will argue hearing from doctors about the dangers of vitamin E, or certain vitamin B, but those studies are inaccurate. Those studies have been based on generic synthetic forms of vitamins that the body can hardly absorb, and in high doses can be dangerous, even in some cases, lethal. But in the perfect scenario that you could get all your essential nutrients from a well balanced diet, I see it almost impossible to intoxicate yourself with nutrients. Even if you use good quality supplements whole food derived with liquid colloidal minerals, you would have to really over dose them to reach some toxic level.

Now if it is "necessary" to top off the tank, not really. In naturopathic science, it is already scientifically studied and determined how much of each nutrient each human body requires daily based on age, weight, gender, height, lifestyle. So in the mainstream medicine, you don't go to walmart and buy a box of antibiotics if you're sick. You go to the doctor first and he prescribe you how much to take and how often. In the naturopathic field it should be something similar. We should have access to naturopathic primary care doctors and they are more than able to prescribe for us the right doses of nutrients to take. But we don't have that option. So what I personally do, yes, I top off the tank, of course just "guessing" that Im putting in my body a little bit more nutrients than I really need. Will the body absorb/utilize whatever is extra? No. The body can store and use a certain amount, the rest that is not needed gets disposed.

And that principle has created some controversy and myths throughout the years. A perfect example is kidney stones.

Kidney stones in the vast majority of cases are made of Calcium. The logical process of allopathic medicine, which is corrupt, barbaric, outdated and the wrong specialty for chronic diseases, says that "if kidney stones are made of Calcium, that means there is too much calcium in the blood and is piling up in the kidneys. Therefore solution, stop calcium, avoid calcium, avoid any products with calcium for the rest of your life" Eventually down the road your knees collapse, your hips break down, but they put you knee replacement, hip replacement, and you end up a broke frankestein and you die from calcium deficiency.

It turns out, proven by naturopathic medicine, kidney stones mean one thing: Severe low levels of Calcium, an important essential mineral. When the body is chronically low on Calcium, the only way it has to reach homeostasis, is to start releasing Calcium to the blood from storage. That means it takes it mostly from the bones. It does this through the "parathyroid" glands. But it turns out, if the person is chronically low in Calcium, most probably is chronically low in other key essential minerals that control the parathyroid glands. When that happens, these little glands go out of whack and keep releasing too much calcium into the blood. All that extra Calcium piles up in the kidneys forming stones. To make it worse, allopathic doctors keep you away from Calcium and thats how people end up with arthritis, rheumatism, joint issues, etc. The majority of the population is low on calcium anyways so joint problems are VERY common these days in old people, and these problems are presenting at younger ages more and more due to the same cause.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws