over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody cut their own hair?

I've been cutting my hair for 20 years...I can do a real nice 5-4-3-2-1 top to bottom face....

Starting to look like a feral wolverine. Want to fade the sides myself. Only have #1 and #2 clippers though, if I fuck up, I'm going to look like a carnival act

Any tips from people who've done it?

Keep watching youtube videos on it where they say practice is key; well that's the problem, I only get one shot :oops:
I bought a $15 hair trimmer with every type of setting from Walmart. You can’t go wrong.

Starting to look like a feral wolverine. Want to fade the sides myself. Only have #1 and #2 clippers though, if I fuck up, I'm going to look like a carnival act

Any tips from people who've done it?

Keep watching youtube videos on it where they say practice is key; well that's the problem, I only get one shot :oops:

Tons of times.

I take my #2 and go up the side until my head curves in. Then I take the #1 and run it front to back when i want the fade to start. Shave everything under it with the #1. Then i take the #1 and adjust the head to make it 1.5 and go front to back where the line is. Keep adjusting until the line disappears. I do the same in the back of my head and get my gf to tell me if it looks ok.

I do it without fear. Ive given myself my favorite haircuts but sometimes its just ok. If I ever messed up Id make an appointment.

Ive gotten better bc anytime I come home from a haircut I fix whatever I dont like about it 90% of the time.

The sides are easy. The back is where it gets trickier. Its not too hard though.

And have someone trim your neckline and youre g2g.

I didnt get far enough down to see you had done it already. Looks good.

You can take scissors and hold the hair and trim it some if you want to blend it a little, but it looks good.

Not as good as those delts though killer hahah

When i realllly dont care too much, i cut my own hair. But a couple times a year i go to a good barbershop.

I've taught myself how to fade my own head pretty well. I do a faded kinda mohawk look. So no fade on the back, just the sides. Skin fade on the sides up to maybe an inch or 1.5 on the top top. Its a bitch at the beginning but you eventually get the hang of it.

I used to give myself a flat top, it looked so good that another kid at college asked me to do his.

Youtube has a lot of good tutorials. Short fades aren't too hard to learn. It's when you want a longer length on top which can make it tougher to blend into the back and sides yourself. Search youtube for "self haircut fade" and find ones that have your texture of hair (white, black, asian, etc). If you have a round head it shouldn't be too difficult to get it down after a few cuts.

Learn how to use the lever (close position cuts shorter, open is longer). Creating sharp guidelines will help as newbie. The biggest issue is getting a good feel of using the clipper and how it cuts on your head. Watch a few different videos and look at how they are moving the clippers to create the fade. It's moving up then flicking out.

Question: what is the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut?

Answer: two weeks.

I'm too late but maybe someone else can benefit. I've cut my own hair for about 15 years, maybe more. Typically the guards come in 1, 2, 3 etc., then from there you can do 1 open, 2 open etc. but for a proper fade you really need the in between 1.5, 2.5 etc., a lot of cheaper clippers don't have these.

Next best thing, and still a good idea, is when you are cutting, flair up and outwards at the top, this created a bit of it's own taper. So you go one closed, one open, two closed, two open, three etc.

Staying with a number three/scissors on top is far more forgiving, as is blonde hair. The problem with a 1 or lower is that your line blending has to be really good otherwise any little mistake is super obvious.

Lots of good youtube videos.

I on occasion cut my own hair, but im a barber so makes it so much easier lol. Good yt barbers eho do tutorials are Jorge zepeda, 360 jeezy, Chris bossio. All are good barbers and pretty easy tutorials to follow

Just cut mine and it came out good. Took me over an hour though! It was really long, last time it was cut was February. Being so long made it hard.

Just cut mine and it came out good. Took me over an hour though! It was really long, last time it was cut was February. Being so long made it hard.

ha same here. My hair was maybe 2 inches longer than thethinkers. Couldn't take it anymore. #2 on the sides, scissors for the top. I feel goddamn handsome again!

ha same here. My hair was maybe 2 inches longer than thethinkers. Couldn't take it anymore. #2 on the sides, scissors for the top. I feel goddamn handsome again!
Ha. I used a 2 on sides and faded down to a 1. Used an 8 on top and blended with the sides with a 6,4, and 3.

No way I'm gonna try scissors! I commend you.

Ha. I used a 2 on sides and faded down to a 1. Used an 8 on top and blended with the sides with a 6,4, and 3.

No way I'm gonna try scissors! I commend you.

Today is shaving for me 😁

Watched this video I thought was pretty good. Been tempted to pull out the cilppers myself since I usually get haircuts every 5-6 weeks.

I used to cut mine all the time, started in high school. I was watching Mtv's house of style with Cindy Crawford, some guy was talking about grooming for men, he said for a quick clean up "for short hair", just cut whatever sticks above your fingers. Think of pinching your hair between your first two fingers. Anything above then, snipsnip.

Whiskey

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity