over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here with sleep apnea issues?

I use a Bi-Level Auto machine. It is Philips Respironics Sytem one. Because I use a high pressure this machine helps reduce pressure on exhale greatly. Many of the other Auto machines will reduce up to 3 points down on exhale to keep you from feeling like you are "blowing up balloons".

No one mask is right for everyone. Are you a mouth breather? Does your mouth open when you sleep? Beard? Side or back sleeper? I have 5 or six different masks. My mouth opens when I sleep so I have to use a chin strap in order to use the nose pillow type masks. I also have one that is a combo.

I currently use ResMed Airfit F10, but just went to Neurologist yesterday to get script to order the F20 that has memory foam available.

Also the headgear straps do lose there elasticity and need to be replaced more than most of us may believe.

Also if you have a data logging machine through a memory card etc you can get the Open Source SleepyHead Software free online and see the results for yourself.

My dad uses a CPAP. His insurance pays for it, mine won’t, but I just got this last month and my gf says I don’t snore anymore. It opens up your airway by not letting you fully clench your teeth. Of course, if you drink any alcohol before bed, stop, or you’ll snore anyway. Here’s what worked for me:

P & J Health Sleep Aid Custom Night Mouth Guard (Fit Most, Transparent) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07527JS7W?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y not just share?

Hahahahaha.....My dad has one...but never uses it go figure. I guess if there ever comes a time when I need one, I will just use his.

I do snore at times, but don't have it. Have had sleep studies done a few times as 5 hours tops is all I can sleep....most of the time it's less. If I get to bed between 10:30-11:00...I naturally wake up at 3:30 AM and feel like I have slept for 10 hours. That's why I go to the gym so early. But it's been that way all my life.

My wife and daughter could sleep 12 hours straight and still have to be physically woken up.

That should work, also looks like you can buy without a script! Cpap.com has good reviews on that brand.

That should work, also looks like you can buy without a script! Cpap.com has good reviews on that brand.

Of course the 3 brands I was looking at are now unavailable. Damn lurkers buying the ones I wanted! Lol

Stan Efferding talking about the importance of sleep...

And about getting a CPAP ...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ7L5itxLhY"]RHINO'S RHANT - 'TEN TALKS' - R.E.M. "The King Of The Jungle" - YouTube[/ame]

Had a sleep study done. Was prescribed a cpap about seven years ago. I looked over at my younger girlfriend and thought. This must be attractive. Even though she said she doesn't care I'm too vain. Hate the thing. The hoses. Etc. Is one thing Bein older. But lookin like you are in hospice care. Just can't do it.

I'm not as tired as I used to be. So maybe it went away.
I ask the wife all the time if I sleep without gasping or stopping breathing. She says she doesn't notice it at all. But girlfriend says I constantly do it when I'm sleeping.
Maybe I'll videotape myself to see if it still exists. A lot cheaper and easier than a sleep study and I can clearly see my breathing pattern. I've done this years back and realized I did have issues then.

So...

How do you get a CPAP?

You get a prescription from a doctor and then he orders it for you?

I am pretty sure I dont have a sleep doctor around where I live (on a caribbean island).... can a general practitioner get me a prescription for a CPAP?

Excuse my ignorance...

I have done 2 of these in the past 10 years. Now it is very easy even if you don't have a doctor or insurance. Here is a web link to get a home sleep study kit sent to you. You it is very easy to set up and use and done for two nights. You pack it all up and send it back and they doctors there review the data and if you have anea they send you back a prescription. You can use this on any store that sells CPAP machines to purchase one.

https://www.1800cpap.com/home-sleep-apnea-test-device-kit.aspx

In lab sleep studies are kind of expensive and if you have a good doctor they can work things out so you will not be out any money out of pocket if you have insurance. I hate doing these. The home study is much easier. Your doctor can also work it so your insurance covers the cost of the CPAP. I am going through this process now and the CPAP my doctor is getting me sends all of the data through a app to his office. Like so may others here I could never sleep again with out mine. Now I sleep like a baby, uninterrupted every night. I even have a very small batter operated CPAP that I can travel with on a plane when we travel out of the country to visit relatives.

Got an Apple Watch. Used it the last few nights during sleep. I’ll just give data from last night but give reasoning behind this all.

I wake up every single night/morning like clock work anywhere from 1-2am. So I kept my watch on all night and checked the data this morning.

Highest my heart rate got was 132bpm. Averaged a heart rate of 120bpm from 2am-3:40am. Heart rate went back down to 50-60bpm after that, which is when I finally went back to sleep. I’ve also been snoring some I guess.

Now I know 100% I have sleep apnea. Skipping the sleep study and just getting a cpap. Brand new for $325 ResMed Air sense 10 auto set w/ humidifier, everything included.

Curious to see how much of a difference I’m gonna feel.

Got an Apple Watch. Used it the last few nights during sleep. I’ll just give data from last night but give reasoning behind this all.

I wake up every single night/morning like clock work anywhere from 1-2am. So I kept my watch on all night and checked the data this morning.

Highest my heart rate got was 132bpm. Averaged a heart rate of 120bpm from 2am-3:40am. Heart rate went back down to 50-60bpm after that, which is when I finally went back to sleep. I’ve also been snoring some I guess.

Now I know 100% I have sleep apnea. Skipping the sleep study and just getting a cpap. Brand new for $325 ResMed Air sense 10 auto set w/ humidifier, everything included.

Can you please reply to this thread after a week or so of using your CPAP? Would be interested in reading about your results (on the Apple watch) from using the CPAP...

I think im going to start researching the surgery to fix my issue with sleep apnea.. im tired of the cpap machine.

Where did you buy it?

Can you please reply to this thread after a week or so of using your CPAP? Would be interested in reading about your results (on the Apple watch) from using the CPAP...

I will for sure. It’s gonna take some getting used to wearing the mask.

For those using the mask, what do you use? I may have to grab the full mask. I typically breath through my nose but sometimes through the mouth also.

Where did you buy it?

Check PM.

For those using the mask, what do you use? I may have to grab the full mask. I typically breath through my nose but sometimes through the mouth also.

Check PM.

Mind sending me that PM as well?

Update?

My suggestions after trial and error myself.

Bipap machines feel more natural exhaling than cpap, but are more expensive. I prefer a high end Bipap. For masks, p10 nasal pillow and for full face, dreamware. It's like a new hybrid style.

Stick with it until you get used to it. You will get better sleep but adjusting at first is a bitch.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatgazer
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131