over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are you injured all the time!?

superman21

Registered
So I'm in the grocery store and a fellow gym member I know happens to be coming down the same isle I am. So we start small talk. Is it me or does it seem like everyone I talk to has " injuries"?

He starts talking about how he hurt his shoulder working out chest and now he can't lift it without having pain. This got me to thinking, there are so many people I talk to at the gym that all seem to complain about something that is hurting on them or injuries that they get and they are "just getting back in the gym" for the 5th time this year. (We have all heard that)

Now back to my original guy, he is a decent sized guy, but I have seen him workout in the gym. Intensity is there but form is momentum and the heavier ( regardless of if he is executing the movement right) the better.

My point is, if you find yourself getting injured often, you need to reassess your strategy. Injuries can happen, but even more important, is figuring out why you got injured, learn from it, strengthen the areas that may be weak and keep your form true.

I am 30 years old, been training since I was 11, got serious into it when I was 14. I don't have any injuries that i can complain about, and I consider myself very lucky. I like to think I have stayed that way with warm ups and stretching.

Guys, I know things happen, but fix the problem before you try to push forward. Your body will thank you when your older.

Rant over

Ahh.. There.... I feel better now.

Last edited:
Wait until you're older. I always did lots of warm ups. Injuries begin in your 30's and progress over time.

I agree with Himtoid. My left knee acts up all the time. Usually 2 days after a leg workout the area goes numb while I'm sitting at my cubicle. If I do cardio the same thing and Standing too long. I had a MRI done but they couldn't find anything wrong. It's weird because once I start say doing cardio or or my leg workout the problem goes away. I just deal with it and hope it's not going to cause me issues when I reach my 40's.

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

Let me define injury for the context I am using it as. Injury for example, doing deadlifts and in the middle of a set you mess up a disc.

I agree, that there will be wear and tear on your body over time, my knees have to be warmed up quite a bit before any leg workout. It comes with the territory.

Last week I had a high school kid, prolly 16 or 17, Dumbell shoulder press, no warm ups or anything, dropped the weights and went running out of the gym holding his shoulder.

Sometimes this stuff can be avoided.

since i hit my 50's I notice little aches and pains that were never there before. I need alot more warm up (which I hate doing) or things hurt. Knees, elbows, lower back mostly. Im 52 this year and it started last year. No major injuries just some nagging pains that stop me from doing certain excersises

Just because you haven't had a serious injury it doesn't mean others won't even if they are careful most of the time. But sure there are smarter ways to train. You have Lee Haney and Dexter Jackson then you have Ronnie Coleman and Branch Warren. Some guys just love pushing themselves to the max too. The most intense guys tend to pick up the most injuries but there are exceptions.

It doesn't matter how many warm up sets I do if I am gonna push squats with heavy weight for high reps year after year chances are my body is gonna react in a bad way eventually. I do train smart though and warm up slowly and try to be extra careful. I also avoid certain exercises I know my body doesn't like. 99% of the time I also don't do less that 10 reps per set. I have been pretty much injury free for a long time. I know that won't last though.

Well, I have bone spurs and arthritis in my left shoulder. My doctor told me I have a 67yr old shoulder on a 47yr old man. I also have herniated discs in my lower back that causes sciatic pain every so often. I don't think any of these injuries are going away with out surgery. And if I ever choose surgery that's still not a guarantee that it'll be 100% healed. So to answer your question, am I always injured, yes. Am I always in pain, no. And I know quite a few people that don't even lift with very similar problems. I believe as we get older our bodies start to wear and tear. Not really sure if you was talking about people who constantly use these issues as excuse because I know quite a few do, but that's a subject for a whole different thread.

I have herniated discs, partially torn rotator cuff, partially torn meniscus in both knees, my hips hurt every now and then and my elbows make a cracking noise. I'm only 34 years old and ironically, all my major injuries happened when I was in my 20's. I can't workout nearly as hard as I used to and recognize my limits now. Hgh is a god send for me and a lot of my injuries have either healed completely or sufficiently enough where there is very little to no pain.

I have herniated discs, partially torn rotator cuff, partially torn meniscus in both knees, my hips hurt every now and then and my elbows make a cracking noise. I'm only 34 years old and ironically, all my major injuries happened when I was in my 20's. I can't workout nearly as hard as I used to and recognize my limits now. Hgh is a god send for me and a lot of my injuries have either healed completely or sufficiently enough where there is very little to no pain.

You acquired those injuries at an early age.
I'll have to try some serostim from an HIV buddy and see if I get those healing benefits. Oddly enough, I just added preworkout anadrol, dbol, winstrol pills and my injuries feel better, more cushioned. The pills total 100mg anadrol, 40mg dbol, and 40mg winstrol.

You acquired those injuries at an early age.
I'll have to try some serostim from an HIV buddy and see if I get those healing benefits. Oddly enough, I just added preworkout anadrol, dbol, winstrol pills and my injuries feel better, more cushioned. The pills total 100mg anadrol, 40mg dbol, and 40mg winstrol.

I've been on doc prescribed hrt for awhile. Hgh is part of the regiment and the collagen regeneration works wonders for me. If you can get seros, you won't be disappointed. When I was younger I didn't set limits in the gym for myself and paid the price. I've always been injury prone it seems.

Last edited:
I've been on doc prescribed hrt for awhile. Hgh is part of the regiment and the collagen regeneration works wonders for me. If you can get seros, you won't be disappointed. When I was younger I didn't set limits in the gym for myself and paid the price. I've always been injury prone it seems.

Do you get doctor prescribed HGH too?

I don't have injuries but I have a terrible back. I'm only in my early 20s and my back has so many knots it is terrible. My scapula, my spinal electors, and my lower back, completely knotted. I am starting to get more massages now and I foam roll too.

I know it is from my earlier years of training without foam rolling and stretching.

I found that once I hit about 230 pounds my activities caused a bit more stress on me. Football, basketball, and even going up and down a ladder takes more of a toll on my body. Nothing major, but I find myself using ice on my ankles and knees more. I also find myself warming up a bit more support gear for these activities. Knee sleeves and ankle braces are pretty constant tool for me.

Shoulders and knees ,you have to be careful with. they seem to be the main culprits in injuries. ive learned to be very patient when working up in weights and always making sure i use a full range of motion when lifting that way everything gets warmed up and streched.

Shoulders and knees ,you have to be careful with. they seem to be the main culprits in injuries. ive learned to be very patient when working up in weights and always making sure i use a full range of motion when lifting that way everything gets warmed up and streched.

Yep, shoulders, knees, and lastly elbows.

I don't have injuries but I have a terrible back. I'm only in my early 20s and my back has so many knots it is terrible. My scapula, my spinal electors, and my lower back, completely knotted. I am starting to get more massages now and I foam roll too.

I know it is from my earlier years of training without foam rolling and stretching.

this, never used to do shit but a couple warm up sets and straight into heavy lifting, now older I feel the effects. My joints thankfully have held up but my flexibility is for shit. My lower back is constantly sore and hamstrings constantly tight. I've started regular chiro, gaston, foam rolling and it's getting better but shit if I could go back in time I would spend as much time on stretching, foam rolling and flexibility as I would lifting.

The only time I have nagging aches and pains it's either because I didn't warm up enough, didn't use good enough form, or got lazy and stopped stretching regularly. I've noticed people with allergies tend to be injured more often, maybe something to do with the chronic inflammation from the allergies making them more susceptible to injury? No clue, just an observation.

Do you get doctor prescribed HGH too?

Yes. Insurance won't cover it though and the prices at the pharmacy make you feel like you're dealing with thieves. :(

Ive been training hardcore for 20+ yrs. I have a few nagging aches and pains once in awhile but never anything serious related to training. I always have done a few warm up sets prior to each movement,,,maybe that's helped or ive just been extremely blessed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131