advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arnold's Encyclopdia.. is it good info? (my introduction post)

LoneCowboy

Newbies
Hi,

IM HERE TO LEARN!

I have been training off and on for years, and I am getting back into the swing of things now that I quit my job. I never intend to become a pro body builder but I love the sport as a hobby. I am always looking for good information and I have been reading posts here a lot for months. Over the last couple years I have used Arnold's encyclopedia for the majority of my information and I use my own variations of his training routines about 5 days a week.

Im sure this book has been discussed before but I couldnt find anything specific in the search.

The golden age look is definitely what I aim for. What are your thoughts on the information laid out in the book? Is there any outdated or bad information to stay away from? I know there are some who would suggest that the routines are too intense and can lead to over-training if there are no AAS involved.

Im 5'7, Endomorph(mostly), 160lbs. Used Anavar in the past but thats it.

I wont get into the details, but my diet generaly consists of omega 3 eggs, tuna, salmon, chicken, beef, yogurt and oats, fat free DHA fortified milk, turkey, american cheese, cottage cheese, some veggies. (no fruit, bread, other carbs) Generally one day a week I eat whatever I want though.

2 whey protein shakes a day.

Thanks for reading, hope I can learn and train enough to help give back knowledge to community.

ill post pics when Im proud enough

Hey there,

IMO the routines in arnold's encyclopedia are way too much volume. For me anyway. I found after a few years of training in a more traditional way with moderate volume that I was happy with my gains. So I researched some HIT training techniques. I have had much better gaings with low volume. Focusing and strength and technique.

My advice would be try something different if you unsatisfied with your progress. At best you will find what works. At worst you find something that doesnt.

There is ALOT of good information in that book. Some of it is not so relevant anymore but it is a good read nonetheless. The training routines are a bit of volume, but if you have half a brain you can modify it to suit your needs.
Certainly in the absence of any other knowledge it is an excellent place to start.

Honestly though, if you go to the article section on this board and read Big A's beginner thread, you would be all set.

Hey there,

IMO the routines in arnold's encyclopedia are way too much volume. For me anyway. I found after a few years of training in a more traditional way with moderate volume that I was happy with my gains. So I researched some HIT training techniques. I have had much better gaings with low volume. Focusing and strength and technique.

My advice would be try something different if you unsatisfied with your progress. At best you will find what works. At worst you find something that doesnt.

There is ALOT of good information in that book. Some of it is not so relevant anymore but it is a good read nonetheless. The training routines are a bit of volume, but if you have half a brain you can modify it to suit your needs.
Certainly in the absence of any other knowledge it is an excellent place to start.

Honestly though, if you go to the article section on this board and read Big A's beginner thread, you would be all set.

I agree with these fellas.I did the diet/training in the book around 8th grade(long time ago)even being that young the food and training were both too much especially for a natty.

A bunch of us on the football team tried it in college over the winter.The strength and conditioning coach caught wind of it and ended that.He said "your a fucking linebacker not a bodybuilder" i said "can't i be a linebacker who looks like a bodybuilder"? remember back then they believed bodybuilders were muscle bound,bulky etc,all show and no go,which some are as they can't even walk up a flight of stairs.

ive got the orginal (front page is somewhat falling off) and the binding has almost torn off

its really just a good read to see what old classical bodybuilding was like, after all its arni LOL

but i wouldnt follow it as a bible to training, u wouldnt get far unless ur very geneticaly gifted abd on alot of steroids

ive got the orginal (front page is somewhat falling off) and the binding has almost torn off

its really just a good read to see what old classical bodybuilding was like, after all its arni LOL

but i wouldnt follow it as a bible to training, u wouldnt get far unless ur very geneticaly gifted abd on alot of steroids

What does the original edition say about steroids... Just curious

What does the original edition say about steroids... Just curious

its actualy a very small section of the book at the end

from the contents

anabolic steroids and ergogenic Aids 721

what are anabolic steroids
steroids and bodybuilding
the need to platue
steroids and the liver
steroids and teenagers
medical considerations
common symptoms
ergonegenic aids

all that is covered in about 6 pages, thats bascialy nothing about steroids

its actualy a very small section of the book at the end

from the contents

anabolic steroids and ergogenic Aids 721

what are anabolic steroids
steroids and bodybuilding
the need to platue
steroids and the liver
steroids and teenagers
medical considerations
common symptoms
ergonegenic aids

all that is covered in about 6 pages, thats bascialy nothing about steroids

Interesting!

ive tried a workout similar to the one he has listed, it was too much. But overall, Im a proud owner of the book and thought it was a good read.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws