over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Art Atwood died of a massive heart attack

aqrojase

Registered
from musculardevelopment.com

Art Atwood - Official Statement from Busines Partner

I spoke with Steven Salmon today, business partner of the late Art Atwood. He called MD to set the record straight on a few things being said about the passing of Art. Steven advised, “Sunday, at about 2:30PM, Art was walking through the pool area of his residence when he had a massive heart attack.We are not sure if he was going for a swim or just passing through the area, but he was not at a party. He was at the pool area of the condo where he lives. Two residents who were at the pool saw him fall in and immediately pulled him out. They were able to revive him and get the paramedics, but it was too late. The damage had already been done.”

I asked Steven if Art died there or on the way to the hospital. He said he was unsure, because those details had not been released. He will update us further as the story develops.

Art is survived by both of his parents, a brother and a sister. He will be buried in Wisconsin. A candle light vigil will be held at his home in Dallas the weekend after the Olympia. Steven also advised that Art's business, Pro Supplements, will carry on with business as usual, keeping Art's vision alive.

We will continue to update you as information becomes available.

i would like to know what the autopsy says.. many are saying heart attack but would still like to know what teh official cause of death is.. how long to do a autopsy?

i would like to know what the autopsy says.. many are saying heart attack but would still like to know what teh official cause of death is.. how long to do a autopsy?

Not too sure how long the autopsy report takes...i got the statement off of musculardevelopment.com. If it was a heart attack...i wonder if Art was aware of his hearts condition. Was he taking blood pressure pills...cholesterol meds etc. Or did he just never....get his heart checked. Very curious to know...i wonder if anyone on Promuscle was close to Art...so we can get more details.

Same damn age I was when I had my heart attack and almost died. Maybe some of our community will start to take notice of these events.

I'm with you, a lot of speculation, it could very well be a heart attack but I would like to see the official report, Steve Salmon is no doctor. Blessings. Minister.

Somebody said it was xanax mixed with alcohol, died in his sleep. Probably mixed with sleep apnea also, bad combinations. Sometimes my woman has to kick me to get me breathing again.

no matter what he died from its very sad. i know 5 people who have had heart attacks that never touched aas, we all do. one of my friends was 29, 6 stints now. this happens to clean people also

Same damn age I was when I had my heart attack and almost died. Maybe some of our community will start to take notice of these events.

yes if it was a heart attack..would like to know if Art was aware of his hearts condition and if he was taking any meds. Even after he stopped competing he was still a monster.

Not too sure how long the autopsy report takes...i got the statement off of musculardevelopment.com. If it was a heart attack...i wonder if Art was aware of his hearts condition. Was he taking blood pressure pills...cholesterol meds etc. Or did he just never....get his heart checked. Very curious to know...i wonder if anyone on Promuscle was close to Art...so we can get more details.

Last thanksgiving I worked out with Art , we were doing back, and he was out of breath after each set, I asked him if he was Ok and he said that the doctor told him that his cholesterol was the worst he had ever seen, and out of breath cause he hadn't worked out in a couple of months, I told him to go get his lungs and heart checked out, not sure if he ever did, but I definitely sensed something was wrong. I am just broken over this loss, He was a very important person in our life, wish I would have spent more time with him in the last couple of years, everyone in my home is devastated, We took some pretty cool pictures of him with the kids, my wife and even my mother in law posed with him, I will miss him forever. God bless you all. Minister.

i only ask about the autopsy because my cousin tim died and it took over a week to get results.. but somehow we "know" that it was heart attack 24-36 hours later.. it is sad either way but still curious.. but as minister has stated.. if he admits nhis cholesterol was awful and more than likely may not have done anything about it.. we all know those that dont..:(

Last edited:
Last thanksgiving I worked out with Art , we were doing back, and he was out of breath after each set, I asked him if he was Ok and he said that the doctor told him that his cholesterol was the worst he had ever seen, and out of breath cause he hadn't worked out in a couple of months, I told him to go get his lungs and heart checked out, not sure if he ever did, but I definitely sensed something was wrong. I am just broken over this loss, He was a very important person in our life, wish I would have spent more time with him in the last couple of years, everyone in my home is devastated, We took some pretty cool pictures of him with the kids, my wife and even my mother in law posed with him, I will miss him forever. God bless you all. Minister.

Thanks for the information.

i only ask about the autopsy because my cousin tim died and it took over a week to get results.. but somehow we "know" that it was heart attack 24-36 hours later.. it is sad either way but still curious.. but as minister has stated.. if he admits nhis cholesterol was awful and more than likely may not have done anything about it.. we all know those that dont..:(

i lost my twin brother last year, 31 years old. the autopsy took 3 months to get results back. minister i'm sorry bro, i feel you. stay strong and keep him always in your thoughts

Toxicology reports can take up to 6 weeks to released. Many times they wont release the cause of death until the report comes back.

my fbuddy recently died as well and was told autopsy would take 3-6 months for results so..i was shocked that it would take that long...

i think it depends on age and how busy they are. i think if the person that died is young they do a million tests to make sure they get it right

Last edited:
RIP

Attachments

• Art.jpg
    Art.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 3,872
  • Art 1.jpg
    Art 1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,419

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator