over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back Pain.. help PLEASE!!!

Chris288

Registered
Hey guys, just trying to get some advice from anyone here. Everyone has always been helpful... so here goes... I was bending over picking up a 5 pound weight today at the gym.. and when I started to stand back up it felt like a shock ran through my whole body starting at the lower part of my spine just above the buttock. What happened? This totally sucks as I was getting ready for my last set. I have hurt my back before.. but immediatly after it happened I havent been able to stand straight up yet!! The pain is unbelievable!! I can walk ok.. but sitting or lying down hurts sooo bad. Also it runs pain down my ass all the way down my right leg and really hurts my right buttock. What can I do?? I mean this sucks. I was only bending over to pick up a 5 pound freakin weight and this sharp pain shot through my whole body. Am i screwed for a few weeks? U guys are also so helpful and knowledgeable. Is it a slipped or bulging disk? I cant sleep tonight because everyway i move or lay it hurts. I cant bend over whatsoever. Will it get better? is there any type of spine decompress i can do? or stretching? I run my own landscaping business so I cant be out of work. Thanks for the help everyone

Sciatic nerve?

Get some rest, don't abuse ibuprofen, and if hasn't gone away in a few days go see your doc and ask for a MRI.

Not a lot of things you can do at the moment. Just don't injure you more than you already are...

Thanks so very much!! I have had a lot of injuries in the past.. but this one has concerned me more than usual. Thanks

You pretty much described my back pain to a T.

I went to the Doc after 2yrs of pain. An MRI revealed I have two blown discs. I visited several Docs and 1 suggested just to do more core training b/c I was vehemently against back/spinal surgery. After 6 months, my back is stronger than ever and feeling great. I just have 1 day a week I focus on just lower back. Very light weight, lots of reps, and different exercises. I would say visit a doc and get and MRI just to be safe. Good Luck

DP

Ice it for 5-10 minutes or so every few hours for a couple days. Don't use heat for awhile or it will/might get worse.

You pretty much described my back pain to a T.

I went to the Doc after 2yrs of pain. An MRI revealed I have two blown discs. I visited several Docs and 1 suggested just to do more core training b/c I was vehemently against back/spinal surgery. After 6 months, my back is stronger than ever and feeling great. I just have 1 day a week I focus on just lower back. Very light weight, lots of reps, and different exercises. I would say visit a doc and get and MRI just to be safe. Good Luck

DP

Good advice here. The radiating pain is probably a sign of a disc impinging on a nerve. I myself have two herniated and three bulging discs in my low back and two herniations in my neck. Rest is going to be the best thing for now. If the pain continues, especially radiating into the lower extremity, your doc will likely order and mri and some therapy. A lot of them are heavy into prescribing heavy pain meds like oxycodone and heavy anti-inflammatories like celebrex, which I stay away from.

Speaking from experience, it sure sounds like a sciatic nerve impingement. My advice is to go to a Chiropractor or PT, now. They can show you some stretching movements that, in about a week or two, if done as instructed, will work wonders. It happened to me doing leg presses. I let my butt roll up when going really deep. Down the left side. This happened three years ago and I still experience some numbness in my left foot, but at least I don't have that excruciating pain in my hip, leg and calf. He can tell you what if that's the case and, if so, can probably help you. I know, it hurts like a bitch.

Last edited:
I got an inversion table. Not a miracle but it def. helps. Trick is you have to use it every couple of days, even when you are feeling good.

Go to a chiro, NOW. I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago. Turns out my L5 just popped out of alignment. Went to the chiro immediately and it was sore and tender but was 100% in two days.

Youve probably fucked with your S1 or lower from the sound of it. Get adjusted.

Do not stretch it because it will only make it worse. Inverting isnt going to help that much either. Just get adjusted and then get surrounding musculature massage. Go to a chiro certified in active release technique and they can both massage and adjust you.

Go to a chiro, NOW. I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago. Turns out my L5 just popped out of alignment. Went to the chiro immediately and it was sore and tender but was 100% in two days.

Youve probably fucked with your S1 or lower from the sound of it. Get adjusted.

Do not stretch it because it will only make it worse. Inverting isnt going to help that much either. Just get adjusted and then get surrounding musculature massage. Go to a chiro certified in active release technique and they can both massage and adjust you.
Agreed.. Find a good Chiro. The only thing a regular doc is going to do is put you on pain meds which doesn't solve the problem and eventually tell you that you have something wrong with you that requires surgery.

find a good chiro!! and said already but don't try to stretch only will make worse trust me..

Sciatic nerve?

Get some rest, don't abuse ibuprofen, and if hasn't gone away in a few days go see your doc and ask for a MRI.

Not a lot of things you can do at the moment. Just don't injure you more than you already are...

there ya go thats what i would think right side=sciatic nerve.hpe ya get better.

1.Rest, Ice, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs) only first few weeks.

2.Chiropratic,Physical therapy, Active Release Technique(ART).

3. Revaluate your training technique, exercises etc. Incorporate some CORE training to prevent reoccurring injuries.

Chiropractor is the answer. FIND A GOOD ONE, avoid James Bond old 60's movie chiropractor (remember the black guy tall and strong adjusting James Bond like a chicken)???

Hey there everyone.. just wanted to give a big shout out and thank you to everyone who responded to my thread. It always amazes me how great everyone here is. So informative and helpful. My back is feeling a little better.. but taking your guys advice and going to see a chiro wed. after Christmas. Thanks so much for all your help and advice... u guys are GREAT!! MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone

good luck

i hope that you did not blow your disc . it could be a pinched nerve from a disc bulge or a disc herniation or from your vertebra not being aligned . it is hard to tell without getting an MRI done . first i would go to a good Chiropractor and make sure that he takes X-rays . then he will see if an adjustment is needed . most of the time it does help but if your injury is something like a bulged disc then you will have to see a doc.

wake

good luck

i hope that you did not blow your disc . it could be a pinched nerve from a disc bulge or a disc herniation or from your vertebra not being aligned . it is hard to tell without getting an MRI done . first i would go to a good Chiropractor and make sure that he takes X-rays . then he will see if an adjustment is needed . most of the time it does help but if your injury is something like a bulged disc then you will have to see a doc.
Don't train and get a lot of rest . Landscaping ? oh boy , try to take some time off . stretching helps too , actually it helps a lot.

wake

I appreciate the advice Wake.. i have an app. with the chiro today.. so hopefully that goes well. I had to work some this morning.. and the only thing i am noticing is that if I sit for a while.. and stand up.. then it catches and is little sore on my right side for just a few secs. Luckly the pain is ok and I can walk fine etc. The only thing i am seeing is after working this morning and bending down and over.. my lower back right around and above the buttocks/ kidney area tires sooo easily. Its like doing a long heavy set of good mornings. I mean whatever happened last week.. my back gets soo fatigued. It doesnt really hurt with the sharp pain.. but if I squat down in that position... my back gets sooo tight and tired. I swear it feels like being on the last rep or two of a set of good mornings. Once i stand up for a few mins my lower back muscles relax some. So whatever happened has affected the stamina down there

Hey guys, just trying to get some advice from anyone here. Everyone has always been helpful... so here goes... I was bending over picking up a 5 pound weight today at the gym.. and when I started to stand back up it felt like a shock ran through my whole body starting at the lower part of my spine just above the buttock. What happened? This totally sucks as I was getting ready for my last set. I have hurt my back before.. but immediatly after it happened I havent been able to stand straight up yet!! The pain is unbelievable!! I can walk ok.. but sitting or lying down hurts sooo bad. Also it runs pain down my ass all the way down my right leg and really hurts my right buttock. What can I do?? I mean this sucks. I was only bending over to pick up a 5 pound freakin weight and this sharp pain shot through my whole body. Am i screwed for a few weeks? U guys are also so helpful and knowledgeable. Is it a slipped or bulging disk? I cant sleep tonight because everyway i move or lay it hurts. I cant bend over whatsoever. Will it get better? is there any type of spine decompress i can do? or stretching? I run my own landscaping business so I cant be out of work. Thanks for the help everyone

Bro, how are you doing? I did the same about 2 weeks ago but have gotten that some jolt from the sciatic over the past sevearl years. It is probably a disc problem (mine is...deterioration of the disc)....only a MRI can tell. 2 weeks ago it was a different (mid back )disc than the usual for me. I felt that jolt and went down on the floor and could not even stand up! Today I am much better. Lucky......but I now wonder when the next will occur!

Good luck Bro!
Mike

I prefer going to a good massage therapist than a chiropractor when I have back trouble. I've always had good results.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws