over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAA,Protein,Fat and Insulin Response

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
1.Does BCAA Create an insulin Response?

2.Does Protein Create and insulin Response?

3.Does Fat Create an insulin Response?

4.Does Anything that affect Glucose entering the body Create an insulin Response? What about Fat?

Last edited:
yes
yes
no

but, that doesn't necessarily mean what you might think it does

yes
yes
no

but, that doesn't necessarily mean what you might think it does

Do BCAA increase Blood Sugar?

Do Protein itself increase Blood Sugar?

Im really starting to see the light, Im reading a Book About Insulin,the knowledge im getting from this is insane.... Its soooooo complex but im really starting to understand how Insulin play a HUGE factor in BodyFat Loss.

Im not understanding everything about it but thats why im asking these question

I wonder what would happen if Someone Ate Meals Consisting of BCAA(leucine, isoleucine, & valine)+ Essential Fatty Acids During the whole day, he would still need Methionine Cysteine Phenylalanine Tyrosinem Threonine Tryptophan Valine

Thanks Shelby

Last edited:
Neither increases blood sugar but they both are insulinogenic.

To quote a smart dude:

"what people don't realize about insulin release is it's different when compared to carbs & BCAAs. You see insulin release in response to carbohydrates is bi-phasic: there is an initial spike that comes from stored insulin in the pancreas B cells and then the pancreas continues producing more insulin until blood glucose returns to normal levels. BCAAs on the other hand really only initiate the first phase of insulin release, the initial spike, but not the long term insulin production since BCAAs don't really affect blood glucose."

I wonder what would happen if Someone Ate Meals Consisting of BCAA(leucine, isoleucine, & valine)+ Essential Fatty Acids During the whole day, he would still need Methionine Cysteine Phenylalanine Tyrosinem Threonine Tryptophan Valine

Thanks Shelby

You need ALL the essential amino acids, not just BCAAs.

Shelby,

Is the initial insulin spike from BCAA's (like that taken on an empty stomach pre-cardio) enough to deter fat loss to any extent? I would assume so to a degree and if so, what would you expect the differences to be between either taking all of your bcaa's pre cardio and only having water during cardio vs. sipping bcaa's throughout? Would there be a larger insulin spike in the first scenario compared to a smaller longer insulin spike in the second scenario?

To quote a smart dude:

"what people don't realize about insulin release is it's different when compared to carbs & BCAAs. You see insulin release in response to carbohydrates is bi-phasic: there is an initial spike that comes from stored insulin in the pancreas B cells and then the pancreas continues producing more insulin until blood glucose returns to normal levels. BCAAs on the other hand really only initiate the first phase of insulin release, the initial spike, but not the long term insulin production since BCAAs don't really affect blood glucose."

Shelby,

Is the initial insulin spike from BCAA's (like that taken on an empty stomach pre-cardio) enough to deter fat loss to any extent? I would assume so to a degree and if so, what would you expect the differences to be between either taking all of your bcaa's pre cardio and only having water during cardio vs. sipping bcaa's throughout? Would there be a larger insulin spike in the first scenario compared to a smaller longer insulin spike in the second scenario?

There are good arguments for and against fasted cardio.. I don't really want to get into that, it's been rehashed numerous times and everyone has their own take on it.

I personally prefer fasted cardio but I can see the reasoning behind non-fasted cardio (whether it be a meal, BCAAs, or some other fancy cocktail).

To quote a smart dude:

What about gluconeogenesis?

If i understand right that means that someone that eat too much protein COULD have trouble losing Bodyfat since gluconeogenesis Produce Glucose?

So that means that Protein CAN increase blood Glucose??? Not just Carbs...?

Insulin Response = Switching Between Glucose Metabolism and Fat Metabolism???

Im all Messed up right now im low carbing and reading this book but at the time im i think im running on ketones since im all mellow lol :eek:

whats the name of this book? i could use something good to read

There are good arguments for and against fasted cardio.. I don't really want to get into that, it's been rehashed numerous times and everyone has their own take on it.

I personally prefer fasted cardio but I can see the reasoning behind non-fasted cardio (whether it be a meal, BCAAs, or some other fancy cocktail).

Well damn, I didn't think that having BCAA's pre-workout would then consider the session non-fasted. I realize that BCAA's cause an insulin spike but I didn't think it would be to the degree of a whole meal. Well thanks for the information, that will be useful.

What about gluconeogenesis?

If i understand right that means that someone that eat too much protein COULD have trouble losing Bodyfat since gluconeogenesis Produce Glucose?

So that means that Protein CAN increase blood Glucose??? Not just Carbs...?

Insulin Response = Switching Between Glucose Metabolism and Fat Metabolism???

Im all Messed up right now im low carbing and reading this book but at the time im i think im running on ketones since im all mellow lol :eek:

Protein doesn't directly raise blood glucose, but the body can CREATE glucose from protein (gluconeogenesis) if it needs to (i.e. in the absence of carbohydrates).
Keep reading...

While on the subject of insulin and glucose.. Maybe someone can clarify this for me.. Im sure its buried in various threads here, but i'm kinda lazy right now..:p Im sure someone can sum it up for me in about two paragraphs..

I know raised glucose levels are our friend PWO.. There are many debates about what type of carbohydrate source should be used.. Some say Waxy Maize starch is best because it passes thru the stomach into the small intestine very rapidly and replenishes glucose stores quicker that dextrose.. Others think any type of carbohydrate, even low GI sources, can be used PWO..

My question is.. What is the benefit of artificial insulin (humalog) PWO... If elevated glucose levels are what we want PWO.. Then why would we want to inject something that drastically lowers our blood glucose? How does injecting insulin allow for better nutrient uptaking in the muscle?

Personally

While on the subject of insulin and glucose.. Maybe someone can clarify this for me.. Im sure its buried in various threads here, but i'm kinda lazy right now..:p Im sure someone can sum it up for me in about two paragraphs..

I know raised glucose levels are our friend PWO There are many debates about what type of carbohydrate source should be used.. Some say Waxy Maize starch is best because it passes thru the stomach into the small intestine very rapidly and replenishes glucose stores quicker that dextrose.. Others think any type of carbohydrate, even low GI sources, can be used PWO..

My question is.. What is the benefit of artificial insulin (humalog) PWO... If elevated glucose levels are what we want PWO.. Then why would we want to inject something that drastically lowers our blood glucose? How does injecting insulin allow for better nutrient uptaking in the muscle?

I think exercise-induced depletion of glucose thus raising glucagon levels is more of our friend.........because Glucagon appears to have an effect of enhancing lipolysis of triglyceride in adipose tissue....which could conserve blood glucose levels.....then again......you could consume LBAs after a workout since high blood levels of amino acids also stimulate insulin release, this would be a situation in which both insulin and glucagon are active.

I think exercise-induced depletion of glucose thus raising glucagon levels is more of our friend.........because Glucagon appears to have an effect of enhancing lipolysis of triglyceride in adipose tissue....which could conserve blood glucose levels.....then again......you could consumeLBAsafter a workout since high blood levels of amino acids also stimulate insulin release, this would be a situation in which both insulin and glucagon are active.

I think a regular whey isolate protein shake PWO would suffice and even be more
beneficial than a minute amount of amino acids.

Oh

I think a regular whey isolate protein shake PWO would suffice and even be more
beneficial than a minute amount of amino acids.

You think? You ever been 250 lean getting ready for a pro show? I mean REALLY.....are you serious or just guessing? Saying you " think" ......thats funny to me....no offense but put yourself in my place.......you guys crack me up sometimes. You are

Current Stats :
6'3 220
15% BF
Training seriously for 2 years...........I mean COME ON MAN............

ALL i know now is That Protein and Carb Raise Blood Glucose.

Eating a Can of Tuna will Raise Blood Glucose.

Not just carbohydrate.

So Any meal Apart from Fat would Increase Blood Glucose and Would Secrete Insulin.

So thats why i think that Regular Small(without muscle But without Bodyfat either) People have No bodyfat.

I really like observing people tru daily life.

Thats why you see Alot of Small guy without Muscle But at the same Time they dont have Bodyfat at all.

What happen is that those guys Have REALLY LOW INSULIN LEVEL and REALLY LOW BLOOD SUGAR, THEY MAINLY RUN ON KETONES(FAT AS FUEL) Tru out the day Since they eat Like 1 Time per day, They Usually Eat Some Carb and Fat Crap Food mixed in.

You often See Them Eating 1 Meal per day, Skipping breakfast. Eating 1 sandwich and 1 Can of Pepsi for dinner. They Still small and have no bodyfat.

The GH release they get from NOT SPIKING INSULIN( When insulin is High, GH is Low) And The Lipogenis They Get From Not Eating Every 3 Hours(Like bodybuilder do) Let them Eat Sometime A Shitload of Crap in 1 Sitting Without getting Fat since its all Glycogen Replenisment(And since they have no muscle) They go back To Burning Fuel For Ketones After for Several Hours(they can eat 1 time per day).

Thats a Theory i can believe, It May not be the ulimate Truth But i see it Regurly, You hear Guy Said ( I cant gain any weight) they eating 1 time per day a shitload of crap for like 1000 Calories in 1 Shot.

HIGH GH,LOW INSULIN LEVEL, LOW BLOOD SUGAR.

That would be the optimal thing to Have Between Meals.

Problem IS:

I can see, Bodybuilder That eat Every 2-3 Hours Will spike insulin LVL every 3 hours.... So what happen when They eat something post workout? Not really anything at all Since they Spike insulin LVL all DAY tru eating 6-8 meals per day.

No wonder they Cant Stay AT 6% BODY FAT YEAR ROUND(MOST OF THEM) THEY blow up like Ballon After getting in Competition Shape Since they cant Control their INSULIN LVL From eating Carbohydrates in offseason EVERY 3 HOURS.

No wonder Jay Cutler is a Diabetic.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear