advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best protocal for Anabolic Rebound when coming off DNP? Without Slin!!!

Chris288

Registered
Ok guys, I will be ending a 20 day 250mg per day DNP cycle coming up this weekend. Actually Sat will be my last day! I will then take 9days off and run another 20day cycle. My question is what is the best way to gain muscle using the Anabolic rebound effect DNP can cause? I will not be using Slin or anything... nor any other drug. Just curious of how to maybe put a couple pounds of muscle back on using carbs, protein, supps, or OTC drugs are fine. How long to carb up without spilling over too. Any suggestions from anyone who has tried this approach???

The reason that there's an "anabolic rebound" is because DNP depletes glycogen and sets the stage for glycogen supercompenation, granted you eat sufficient carbs. I'd recommend getting Lyle McDonald's book The Ultimate Diet 2.0 and follow the directions he gives there.

1) Go off the DNP

2) Wait a couple of days for most of the DNP to clear your body. During this time, eat a low carb diet.

3) Do a full-body, high rep, glycogen depletion workout.

4) Go home and immediately begin to carb load. Over the next 1-2 days, plan to eat around 7-8g of carbs per lb of lean body mass. For someone who has around 150 lbs of lean body mass, we're talking in the neighborhood of 1000-1200 grams of carbs. This should saturate glycogen stores, making your muscles full and strong and promoting anabolism. Simple carbs are fine the first day (e.g. a few protein shakes with dextrose/maltodextrin/WMS, cereal, etc), but move to complex carbs over the next few days (e.g. breads, pastas, rice, beans, potetoes, other starches). You also want to minimize your fat intake during this time (basically, eat a low fat diet, with the fats you do get being healthy fats). You should shoot for less than 50g/day of fat. Limit fructose intake. And don't forget your protein at 1g/lb per day. This is just a rough outline of a carb load. Again, I'd recommend getting Lyle McDonald's book The Ultimate Diet 2.0 and focus on Chapter 11, "The carb-load."

5) After carb loading for a day or two, maintain a caloric intake that's higher than maintenance to support muscle growth and to keep glycogen stores elevated. During this time, lift heavy in the gym and take advantage of the improved strength, endurance, and recovery compared to when you were on the DNP.

6) Transition back to maintenance or below maintenance, reduce your training volume/frequency and start your next DNP cycle.

Hope that helps,
Conciliator

Thanks Concil... always read and enjoy your posts about DNP. Awesome info bro

I just did exactly what conciliator said yesterday. It was my third day off from DNP and had about 920g of carbs. If I gain fat from that, I'm gonna be PISSED. And can one get an anabolic rebound on a cruise dose?

I just did exactly what conciliator said yesterday. It was my third day off from DNP and had about 920g of carbs. If I gain fat from that, I'm gonna be PISSED. And can one get an anabolic rebound on a cruise dose?

howd that work out for you? fat gain from carbloading or no?

Conciliator,

After my last day on DNP, how many days does it take to have all the water removed? My strength has stayed about the same on mine (taking 500mg cystalized version) for 10 days, but I am on a low carb diet (150-200 carbs) except when I do my cardio and that is when I bump up the carbs by taking 50 grams so i don't go hypo.

-Ryan

sounds like this "anobolic rebound" effect is from DNP depleting glycogen in the muscle. so when you get off DNP you are really just getting a great carb load.
sooooooo, if you want this "anobolic rebound" while cruising just lower your carb intake for 12-15 days then carb load and viola!

hope i didn't misundertand your question bro but i think its just a carb deplete and load.
-JS

chris

just curious
how much
weight did you lose
did u do alot of cardio
calorie depletion also?

any sides during your dnp run

Big lyle mcdonald fan. I do this weekly while dieting minus The dnp n going back to maintnence calls.

I wonder if dnp could effectivly be incorporated on a consistant basis while doing ud2.0.
I will go back into the book. Although you could probably do a full dose only 3 days a week

Would it be wise to throw in a decent oral like dbol/drop to take advantage of the rebound?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws