over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bleeding ulcer caused by AAS?

Has anyone heard of this? Friend of mine is in the hospital with bleeding ulcers and wonders if oils could cause this. Anyone heard of something like this? Thanks fellas!

i was hospitalized with bleeding ulsers and had to have 2 blood transfustions. i attribute it to years of heavy dbol dosages.

I highly doubt that it can be atributed to injectibles that much as they realy dont have much to do with the stomach at all.

I think that a poor diet along with stress and taking things like motrin for aches and pains can wreck your stomach lining.

NSAIDs are the most likely cause, orals the 2nd most likely cause.

Anyone who takes advil (ibuprofen) without food and says, "it never bothers my stomach" is likely going to get ulcers at some point. You will never know about things that destroy your stomach lining until they make it so thin you get an ulcer.

Well knowing who you are talking about im thinking that NSAIDs may have played a part due to a nagging elbow , I know the guy pretty well and we train at the same gym , ol boy is hard core to the bone and when he text me about his symptoms we both agreed that thr ER was a g ood idea.
He is good now , ulcer was "closed" and after 3 pints of blood I think he is gonna be good to go
Now if I can just talk him into a little down time to heal and recover!!
He has been bust ass wide open for a coue years strait

When I was in the Marines they used to give us 800mg ibuprofen like it was candy. My last year in the Marines I was taking a lot of Dbol(was damn cheap from Thailand) and wound up with IBS and a H Pylori Ulcer.

Good to hear he's doing well.
Well knowing who you are talking about im thinking that NSAIDs may have played a part due to a nagging elbow , I know the guy pretty well and we train at the same gym , ol boy is hard core to the bone and when he text me about his symptoms we both agreed that thr ER was a g ood idea.
He is good now , ulcer was "closed" and after 3 pints of blood I think he is gonna be good to go
Now if I can just talk him into a little down time to heal and recover!!
He has been bust ass wide open for a coue years strait

Seriously guys,.

dont take advil,motrin,aspirin or ANY orals without a LOT of food in your gut or you are ASKING for trouble !

dont take advil,motrin,aspirin or ANY orals without a LOT of food in your gut or you are ASKING for trouble !

Good advice. It is important to note that you will not notice anything from taking these things on an empty stomach until you get an ulcer. Your "iron stomach" won't help you (funny that 80% of the population seems to think they have an iron stomach, whatever that is).

I was just hospitalized for bleeding ulcers. I projectile vomited blood. And, next thing I know I was face planted on the floor with a gash in my head. My hemoglobin was down to 6. Had I not come to, this post would not exist. They had to transfuse 4 pints just to return me to 2/3rds normal. I was hospitalized for four days. They had to staple multiple bleeding ulcers, not a fun procedure. Don't overdo the NSAIDS, and chew your food well. I used to take one giant bite and swallow. I had chronic heartburn for years. Now I know why. Bleeding ulcers is no joke. Good thing was all my other blood levels were completely normal.

Sometimes I think people prefer a pound of cure to an ounce of prevention, because the pound of cure is tangible. Lesson learned, I no longer think that way.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear