over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Glucose test , Fruit vs complex

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ok , so with all the questions between what carbs are better for dieting ive decided to be a test rat for the benefit of everybody who had question.

so far today this is what i have gotten as you can see their is very little differance between the fresh pineapple and sweet potatos ,though their are slight differances that make have made a differance like the fat in the first meal from the milk and the broccoli in the third meal. Im gonna continue to do more testing the rest of the day as i have two more carb meals and im gonna take one for the team and eat brown rice even though it bloats the fuck out of me.
tommorrow im gonna use differant fruits and some oats and alot more skim milk with first meal with no fruit to see what milk actualy does.
I have stawberries , blueberries and apples on hand if anybody wants anything else looked at let me know and ill stop by the store and give it a go.
granted this isint real accurate due to just being one person but i feel it'll be more accurate that going by "common knowledge" that so readly available.

I also just got my glucophage in and i plan to do the same thing but with that in my system to see what effects it has , i did this test once before while running a no carb diet to see how long it took for blood suge to get back to a "fasted" state.

Results
4:45am , fasted BG 79
5:00am , 12 oz raw goat milk , 4oz LBA’s and a big banana
(52g-P , 45g-C , 15g-F)
5:30am BG 119
6:00am BG 123

7:30am BG 94
7:45am , 4oz Tilapia , 6oz baked chicken , 12oz fresh pineapple
(70GP , 44g-C , 9g-F)
8:15am , BG 123
9:00am , BG 128

11:30am , BG 97
11:45am , 10oz chicken , 8oz sweet potatos , 1 cup broccoli
(70g-P , 40g-C , 10g-F)
12:30am , BG 121
1:00pm, BG 122

Bannanas, i love Bannanas, that will be interesting to see

Oops missed it, you've already done em. Oranges woukd be interesting

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm gonna try bananas but themselves rather than with the milk sugar and added fat. and I'll get some oranges today

Very interesting. Im along for the info.

ill be a regular here gunsmith ,, im very curious about this ,, on all the carbs you got going sweet taters, fruit and milk ,, looks like sweet taters are winnning so far

I am Type 1 Diabetic and i Wear a continuous glucose monitor. It check my BG every minute and displays on a wireless device.

Fruits and veggies, I do not even need insulin. For example my first three meals have 85g of Spinach, 70g Blueberries or Pinapple, and 10g Walnuts, or coconut or olive oil.

Went all day with no insulin and perfect blood sugars. I gave a shot before and after my workout as I had starchy carbs.

If I have oats, or yams or whatever i need a larger insulin response, but for the meal I listed above, sometimes I will give .5Iu at breakfast and I am good until 6:30pm when I get out of the gym and have a starchy carb source

been wanting to do this myself. i look forward to your results each day with all the food choices

Great thread... might open some peoples eyes :)

I am Type 1 Diabetic and i Wear a continuous glucose monitor. It check my BG every minute and displays on a wireless device.

Fruits and veggies, I do not even need insulin. For example my first three meals have 85g of Spinach, 70g Blueberries or Pinapple, and 10g Walnuts, or coconut or olive oil.

Went all day with no insulin and perfect blood sugars. I gave a shot before and after my workout as I had starchy carbs.

If I have oats, or yams or whatever i need a larger insulin response, but for the meal I listed above, sometimes I will give .5Iu at breakfast and I am good until 6:30pm when I get out of the gym and have a starchy carb source

MAJOR Props to you for staying on top of your diabetes and being a bodybuilder!

Just a thought but surely it would be best to keep the whole meal the same and just rotate the fruit.

It might mix the reading if one meal is just 4oz talapia while other is 10oz chicken

Just a thought but surely it would be best to keep the whole meal the same and just rotate the fruit.

It might mix the reading if one meal is just 4oz talapia while other is 10oz chicken

I think your right , I'm sure that less protein and fat would surely speed digestion and I'd think that the spike may be higher but shorter duration.
I'm about to hit my contest prep full swing her shortly so I may cut these test short some

Thanks for being a test subject. Carbs are my weakest point. Over the summer I had better results with fruit( watermelon, cantaloupe, stawberries, grapes, apples, bananas)

I have been eating mostly brown rice as my carb source but seem to get too much bloat. I am steadily reverting back to my fruits.

Goodluck, I look forward to seeing your results.

4:00am BG 89 (before fasted cardio)
5:15am BG 87
5:30am 1 cup instant oats with 2 scoops Egg protein and 2ounces LBA's
6:00am BG 129
6:30am BG 128
7:00am BG 123

8:00 BG 109
8:15 10oz Tilapa , 12 fresh orange slices
8:45 BG 137
9:15 BG 132

Another thing you can try that might surprise some is to add a teaspoon or two of coarse ground psyllium fiber to a glass of water about 5 mins before your meal. Then test as normal. I have read some studies where you can make a simple carb almost like a complex by adding psyllium fiber before the meal.

I have been taking fiber with my meals for a while to help keep me cleaned out. I have been meaning to test this theory myself but keep forgeting to pick up a glucose meter.

Last edited:
Nice Thread Gunsmith

Would there be much difference between Steel cut oats vs Rolled oats vs instant oats vs quinoa?
Granted their all complex carbs, and the quinoa being more nutritious, would they effect glucose the same?

Have you tried papaya,mango or cranberries ?

Would there be much difference between Steel cut oats vs Rolled oats vs instant oats vs quinoa?
Granted their all complex carbs, and the quinoa being more nutritious, would they effect glucose the same?

Have you tried papaya,mango or cranberries ?

Im sure that steel cut oats would be lower than instant simply due to digesting slower. I was realy supprised that the oats this am jacked my BG as high as it did though the only fat was that in the oats themselves but still , apparently they diegst pretty quick

I can't eat papaya , break out in hives and makes my throat "itch" ill see if i can find some mango and cranberries. I would think that they would be less than what pineapple and oranges are as far as raisint the BG due to the sugar , the oranges totaled 40g carbs 30 of which was noted as "sugar"

all in all i dont think that their is a hill of beans differance in how much of the carbs are gonna react to your blood sugar maybe several point but i honestly don't think that would be a big deal at all , i think that maybe adding fat might possibly lower it but also prolong the raised levels.

My last meal was long grain brown rice and chicken and later will be white potoatos , i post both those results this evening

Gunsmith... nice thread bro, very interesting

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311