over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Body Building and Height

How tall are you

• Total voters
Seems to me that the majority of people i call hardcore lifters are under 6ft tall, probably closer to 5'8" -5'10". Lets see how it is all over.

They're not more hardcore, it just looks like they are because it's easy to be a bodybuilder when you're short. You have much less of a frame to fill out. If two guys each start bodybuilding - one is 5'5, the other is 6', and they both weigh 130 lbs - it takes the same amount of calories for each of them to get up to 200. The 5'5 guy is going to looked jacked as hell while the the 6' guy won't look as impressive until he's probably 230 or more.

I'm 5'10

For you shorter bros that have a good bit of mass on you, do you have a hard time finding close off the store shelf that fit nicely?

I'm 5'10

For you shorter bros that have a good bit of mass on you, do you have a hard time finding close off the store shelf that fit nicely?

I'm 5' 5", 200 lbs. The answer is "yes" to the clothing question, unless one has a lot of money to spend on custom fit clothes. Shirts are like tents, especially if I have to wear a tie then i have to get one with the neck big enough and those are made for dudes that weigh 300 lbs I guess. Pants too long, ugh.

I'm 5' 5", 200 lbs. The answer is "yes" to the clothing question, unless one has a lot of money to spend on custom fit clothes. Shirts are like tents, especially if I have to wear a tie then i have to get one with the neck big enough and those are made for dudes that weigh 300 lbs I guess. Pants too long, ugh.
Im 6 feet tall on the dot and 241 lbs.
Even us taller guys have trouble with dress clothes such as blazers, suits and dress shirts, I cant buy anything off the rack
As far as casual clothing I'm not big enough to need anything custom

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

6'1'' and a half here with a wide frame, Always been a big guy, but had a hard time filling my frame, my hardest part was lats took me forever to fill my back and go outside for the front lat spread

Even us taller guys have trouble with dress clothes such as blazers, suits and dress shirts, I cant buy anything off the rack

Same here. At 235 I had to rent a tux last minute and ended up in a XXXL shirt because nothing smaller would fit my neck.

With A 21" neck and 32" waist dress shirts are ridiculous!
With that big of a neck they figure your Fat and make the shirt to fit over your Giant belly!
I cut about 10" off the bottom just so I can tuck it In!!!

With A 21" neck and 32" waist dress shirts are ridiculous!
With that big of a neck they figure your Fat and make the shirt to fit over your Giant belly!
I cut about 10" off the bottom just so I can tuck it In!!!
Try being 5'5", it's like wearing a bedsheet 🤣🤣🤣

5’7” 210lbs here with short torso but wide shoulders. No problem with pants/shorts but finding shirts that aren’t too tight up top tend to be long as a dress lol. Thought about trying one of those M-Taylor type services to order some shirts customized that don’t hang too low.

People make a big ass deal about height, but it can be deceptive in the bodybuilding world. Any guy who is built, with a classic V tapper, small waist and everything else big, will appear larger than life at any height. There's a guy at my gym, got to be almost pro, he stands maybe 5'8" and I often forget he's much shorter than I. Just how he's built and carries himself makes him "taller" . He's massive, yet lean. He gets respected from everyone. Look Conner McGreggor. On paper, the guy is a lightweight little shit, but look how he carries himself. Larger than life and he is respected by everyone. Height only goes so far. There lots of dudes out there that are tall as fuck and look pathetic and I would not trade to be them. LOL. Not that being tall is bad either, just saying it's all in how you carry yourself.

I think you may be a bit Delusional!
Same build on a taller guy always Trumps!
There is NO making up for height!
Special shoes.....Maybe! lol

I think you may be a bit Delusional!
Same build on a taller guy always Trumps!
There is NO making up for height!
Special shoes.....Maybe! lol

I Agree but there’s shorter guys who have an upper body skeletal build that is similar to taller guys too. But yeah, it takes more to fill in a bigger frame then someone shorter. Agreed. I’m just just sayin, make the most of what you got. I’m 6’1.5 and have never been as full as I want. Guy at the gym I referenced, likely has the same shoulder width as me and probably the same reach. He’s 5’8” big broad upper body, just short legs.

As for special shoes, man I know lots of guys using those. Lmao Dumb in my opinion as you look out of our portion! Hell if you really want to go for it for about 20 grand they can do height increasing surgery on your Lowe legs and you can grow 2 to 4 inches taller in six months. But it’s brutal and you have to learn how to re-walk again. And it doesn’t change your upper body and you would look weird in my opinion. Lol

I almost once thought I was filling out when pushing 270pds.
Still just thinking your looking like a guy at 5'8" 220.
It all changes in perspective from across the room till your actually standing next to Him!

I have read this a number a times, and outside of blazer... I don't know why you can't buy off the rack. I'm 5'10 and low 240's and haven't cycled in years. I carry a lot in my chest and back. Arms are slightly above avg
But, I understand also its relative. I don't like anything tight.. too much attention. But I fit a 2x well until I 'start' and get around 250's. Only at 260/270 do I really have a problem. And 270+ the 3x fits perfect, and a 4 if I want less attention (relative again because at that size I can't stop it)

edit to ask: what is your chest measurement. a lot of fit guys are around your size. I would think a 2x would be perfect

Last edited:
Ask the guys with a large neck (mine has ALWAYS been big. even as a kid), do you have problems snoring?? Natural, my neck(the actual neck, not shirt size), is around 18.5 maybe a hair over. On cycle, all hell breaks lose and I have to do everything possible so that exercises don't hit my traps. But anyway, I end up around 20 at my biggest and I snore like a freight train!
I'm sure, that and my chest (again a genetic strong point) gets really big (56)

I have read this a number a times, and outside of blazer... I don't know why you can't buy off the rack. I'm 5'10 and low 240's and haven't cycled in years. I carry a lot in my chest and back. Arms are slightly above avg
But, I understand also its relative. I don't like anything tight.. too much attention. But I fit a 2x well until I 'start' and get around 250's. Only at 260/270 do I really have a problem. And 270+ the 3x fits perfect, and a 4 if I want less attention (relative again because at that size I can't stop it)

edit to ask: what is your chest measurement. a lot of fit guys are around your size. I would think a 2x would be perfect
Suits? Of course not off the rack, what's the confusion?
As far as dress shirts I'm a 19 inch neck with 35.5 inch sleeves, I can retrieve the rest of my measurements when I pick up a new shirt this weekend
I like my clothing to fit me well and I wear a jacket or a suit almost every day
I'm not seeing the issue here

I almost once thought I was filling out when pushing 270pds.
Still just thinking your looking like a guy at 5'8" 220.
It all changes in perspective from across the room till your actually standing next to Him!
Bodybuilding is an illusion. People think I'm a lot bigger then I am. Even in person. They always guess my size bigger then it is. It's all in the shoulders and arms gives the massive illusion. Same reason nothing fits right either lol cuz then the waist area is soo baggy, hate that shit.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws