over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Body Building and Height

How tall are you

• Total voters
Arm size is so over-exaggerated it ain't even funny.. Years ago my buddy who is 6'3" 240 used to say he had 19" arms and I believed him, just cuz he was big.. Well he finally measured them one day in front of me and they were 17-ish..

Then on another forum I'm on, a couple wks ago this guy starts talking about his buddy who he says is huge - at 5'11" 168 - and that he has 19" arms!!! LOL.

I hear ya bro. It's just hard for me to believe that bf5%yes has arms that big at his height and weight. I'm 5'7, 235, 14% bf and have 19 1/2 inch arms. I mean just by doing the math, you would have to assume that since he is taller than me at the same bf% he would have to weigh more than me to have arms that are similar to my size and yet he weighs less than I do. It just doesn't add up. :confused:

brother you must have a very different build than most, im 6ft on the dot and im 235lb+ and approx 15% and my arms only 17inches..

220lb(100kg) at 6 foot is still really only an athletic build for most, def not freaky proportions... 19inch is getting freaky dude!

See bro, I believe you. Your the same height as bf5%yes, 15 pounds heavier and have 1% more bf than him and have 17 inch arms. That makes sense. Bro, can you believe that he is 15 pounds lighter than you and has arms that are 2 inches bigger than yours? Mathematically it does not make sense. The only way I can see this as being possible is that if his arms out trace his other body parts in a way where he has big arms but the rest of him is small.

Genetics............

How do you have 19 inch arms at that height and weight? I'm at the same bf as you and i'm 5'7 and my arms are 19 1/2 inches. :confused:

Muscle belly shape and size. Maybe he has an insane peak? Every one is different. We will never know without pics. Whats funny is i'm 280 pounds 5'11 and have 15-16% bf and i only have 19inch arms cold. My arms don't get the freaky peaks that some peoples get. The whole thing just gets bigger.

Six feet exactly here.

I noticed that there are a lot of short bodybuilders too. Just from my personal experience I have noticed that a lot of short people are kinddof naturally thick (muscle wise). Obviously not all of them or anything, just a trend I've noticed.

Muscle belly shape and size. Maybe he has an insane peak? Every one is different. We will never know without pics. Whats funny is i'm 280 pounds 5'11 and have 15-16% bf and i only have 19inch arms cold. My arms don't get the freaky peaks that some peoples get. The whole thing just gets bigger.

Yeah, as I have stated earlier, the only way his arms are that big at his height and weight is if his arms out trace his other muscles. I'm on the same boat as you, I don't have the crazy peaks that some guys do. I have an uncle that has crazy peak and he doesn't even work out. :eek:

5`10 3/4 here. Funny thing is that i`m 52 now and when i had a physical last year i`m the same height i was in high school even after never stopping heavy squats all these years.The only thing i can figure is maybe because i`ve always done weighted chins and dips and a lot of hanging leg raises that these helped decompress the spine.

6'2". I can get pretty big but a few areas I wont ever look like a traditional bodybuilder I dont think. High lats...long arms, not gonna happen lol

5'8 268lbs 11.8%bf
Damn, your post suck out like a sore thumb. With those stats your a montser. Your lean bodyweight would be 240lbs= 250lbs contest weight. Your have Victor Martinez stats!!

im 5' 7". would like 5 10 but w/e i rather be 5 7 then 6'2" and skinny as fuck tellin every one how im 220lbs "yet look 140lbs" lol i see alot of guys brag and i look at em and there eather really tall (6ft+) or have high body fat%. and i think to my self "you know thtas mostly bone pounds and fat/water right? and dont realy meand shit cept you look like shit lol":D

get to 15% and under bf% then MAYBE brag a bit.

I'm 6' ½" and I wouldn't wanna be any other height.. It's tall, but not too tall.. It does kinda suck with the fact that it's harder to put size on, but it kinda goes both ways since I have broad shoulders which makes me look bigger, and people usually think I'm 10-20 lbs heavier than what I am..

im 5' 7". would like 5 10 but w/e i rather be 5 7 then 6'2" and skinny as fuck tellin every one how im 220lbs "yet look 140lbs" lol i see alot of guys brag and i look at em and there eather really tall (6ft+) or have high body fat%. and i think to my self "you know thtas mostly bone pounds and fat/water right? and dont realy meand shit cept you look like shit lol":D

get to 15% and under bf% then MAYBE brag a bit.

What's even worse are the guys who claim to be 6 feet tall or higher... I've got this buddy of mine who swears to god he's 6'1'' and he's pushing 5'10'' on a good day. What's even worse than that are the guys who say they're 6 ft+ and aren't, but also claim to be 200lbs+ when they're fat. A lot of football players are like that. I think they're more like bags of shit. I resent them as much as I do because I'm a legitimate 6'2'', used to be 138 pounds at my height, and now I'm 210 and it's taken me 9 years to do it. And I'm still carrying extra fat (which I'm burning off, currently). I'll bet that I could cut to 190 and look good. Shit, 185 with some wrestler style dehydration. I still feel like a small guy in the weight room, sometimes, too. And I am, compared to the dudes on this board. But, I enjoy weights and training and that's why I'm here.

What's even worse are the guys who claim to be 6 feet tall or higher... I've got this buddy of mine who swears to god he's 6'1'' and he's pushing 5'10'' on a good day. What's even worse than that are the guys who say they're 6 ft+ and aren't, but also claim to be 200lbs+ when they're fat. A lot of football players are like that. I think they're more like bags of shit. I resent them as much as I do because I'm a legitimate 6'2'', used to be 138 pounds at my height, and now I'm 210 and it's taken me 9 years to do it. And I'm still carrying extra fat (which I'm burning off, currently). I'll bet that I could cut to 190 and look good. Shit, 185 with some wrestler style dehydration. I still feel like a small guy in the weight room, sometimes, too. And I am, compared to the dudes on this board. But, I enjoy weights and training and that's why I'm here.

Yeah bro, I agree. I hate it when the fat ass linemen act like their the shit because they think that they're so big when in reality, they're 300+pounds and 25+% bf. I don't see why football players can't be humble when that would actually make them improve their images. One thing I can't stand is being cocky when you have nothing to be cocky about. :rolleyes:

6'2, 31"-32" waist, broad shoulders.. Been lifting since i was 14 (now ~25) so i am pretty beefy compared to most with similar stature. IMO my long legs make me look heavier than I am.

Last edited:
Height

Yea, they are all short bastards. I am 6'5 or 6'6 280 depending on the doctors. and I will never look like them.

Hi I don't know if this has been mentioned (excuse me if it has) but you need to normalize the heights of the average bodybuilder with the heights of the average person in order to get any meaningful statistics. Most people are under 6 foot so would it also make sense that most bodybuilders are under 6 foot? (I think so)

genetic. does play a big role in peaked bicepts... Most african americans have very good peaks.... even if their skinny... and mostly any female, white black. My girlfriend is white, and have a better peak than mine.. lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkmmike
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws