over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilder's from the midwest ?

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Hey promuscle

Is there any members from the board who are around the midwest...(Iowa, missouri, Illnois area)... Just curious. seems like all the good bodybuilder's from around my area have moved (Gooey, BBA, ect, ect) ...Use to be a few good ones around the Quad Cities and Iowa city area, but most move after a few years...Im still around cause of my job...but I will be getting laid off sometime next fall...So I will be looking for a new job somewhere else...as no place pay's the wages I want...

Let me know if your from this area...

chris

Chris,
I used to live in Sioux Falls SD, which is in the extreme southeast corner of the state. There used to be a few other pretty big guys, but very few competed. I won the NPC midwest Ironman in Minneapolis (superheavy) a few years back when I was living in SD, but have since moved to Florida.

oklahoma

the lowest price/sq. ft. place to live!!!! LOWEST COST OF LIVING IN THE USA!!!

MOVe this way, i can sell ya a house... licenced realtor here..

what part of Florida ?

I use to live in Orlando...

chris

|---[\\\\]>-------- chris--sorry to hear about the job. is this the same place that laid you off last year? man, sucks they cant offer you a permanent position huh? well...moving to a big city is prob. the best bet for you...i know you did the WI thing for a bit, but think if you moved to some place like chicago, atlanta or even down here where i am, there are a lot of opportunites and opportunities to meet ppl. it's all about connections these days...its' who you know.

ps--again congrats on your win

BBA,

Yeah, it is the same place (GE switchgear) the company sold part of the products to a company in Houston...So 300 people or so will be getting laid off sometime next year...

Im looking around to all major cities...Let me know whats going on in AZ...

chris

Sorry to hear about your Job bro, at least they are giving you a good amount of time to help you prepare.

Not sure what your technical background is in manufacturing but I am living in IN right now and we have an abundance of manufacturing places esp. autoparts manufacturing that are opening up as well as all kinds of jobs in Indianapolis......which is where I am looking to get back to someday. Its a great town and actually has some really good gyms and decent social scene.

Come out here to AZ...Lots of bodybuilders and close to Cali for all the big shows..

Hey Jerrywear- Did you go to the Continental USA show the other weekend..I dont remember seeing you there...???

chris

chris250 said:
Hey Jerrywear- Did you go to the Continental USA show the other weekend..I dont remember seeing you there...???

chris

i rerally wanted but i didnt feel very good,still after accidend i do feel like shit ,but i knew you were there,and i asked few guys to look you up.But actualy i knew you would take 1st anyway ;)

but i hope next time we'll meet

JERRY,

MY BUDDY IS DOING THE IRONMAN IN DEC. SO MAYBE WE CAN MEET THERE...HE WILL BE IN THE 50 OVER CLASS...AND I WILL BE IN THE FAT MAN CLASS ...LOL

CHRIS

got some good friends that moved out to arizona from indianapolis and they love it...mental1 and miket from the board. warm, sunny weather and BB lifestlye similar to cali my fiance will be going to pharmacy school a year from now and i am pushing her to go to u of arizona or USC.

hey bud

yea need to get out of the midwest if u want some BBing exposure or better connections, great people but just not a great world for fitness and BBing, least in Iowa, get closer to a metropolis, chi town has some great ones, but IMO its on the east and west coast.

goo

GOOEY,

YEAH I KNOW ...I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT A MILLION TIMES SINCE I WAS A TEEN COMPETING...IM THINKING ABOUT AZ AND FL AGAIN...BUT IT REALLY COMES DOWN TO JOB AND MONEY THING...GE WILL BUY ME OUT WHEN I GET LAID OFF SO I WILL HAVE A NICE CHUNK OF CHANGE...BUT THINGS AROUND HERE AT G.E. YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT...SO IM GOING TO WAIT IT OUT, UNTIL I GET LAID OFF AND THEN SEE WHERE IM AT...

HOW ARE THINGS GOING FOR YA IN AZ...

CHRIS

tflexxin said:
Chris,
I used to live in Sioux Falls SD, which is in the extreme southeast corner of the state. There used to be a few other pretty big guys, but very few competed. I won the NPC midwest Ironman in Minneapolis (superheavy) a few years back when I was living in SD, but have since moved to Florida.

Chris,
I am in Sioux Falls now. Not a bad place, no crime etc but not many people who compete in the BB arena. There are jobs, Daktrnoics (one example) who makes the scoreboards for many athletic complexes etc is looking for 300 new people, not sure on the wages but the stock options are good I am told. Also citibank and a few other major banks headquarter here.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws