over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding over 40

Super happy with today. 229.2 waking up.

neutral pulldowns
plate loaded hammer strength row
Dante row
stiff leg deadlift
machine preacher curl
hammer grip machine preacher curl

My log book is in my car so I forget the weights and reps and all except for this video of the rows and what I really wanted...

stiff leg deadlift
LT 425x8
TT 435x8

Hell yeah

Sleep is bothering me. I made a post about sleep apnea but I gotta shake the grogginess and get the cardio in. Also I ate a piece of fucking cake during the night and had zero memory til I got down to make my morning coffee. Wtf. I want to tighten up. I'm happy with my conditioning but low back pumps are bad and I just dont need this extra junk here or there.

Where do you eat in Philly? We have a few spots we like. Going to Alpen Rose for our anniversary next. It's a speakeasy styled steakhouse.

I am enjoying the DC training. It aligns with my views and experience well. I still question myself if I could do more but it's working. One thing I could see is longer more volume filled training sessions being beneficial while dieting because they can burn more calories. I remember JM talking about not needing any or as much cardio but training 5-6 days a week during prep.

I wouldn't like the 2 way anymore. I think I am beyond that physically and mentally. I have a good balance now. I am rest pausing everything the way Dante originally prescribed and using the straight sets for his recommended parts also. The only things I really differed on is a hinge every back workout after a 3rd exercise which is the widow maker so..

width
thickness
widowmaker
hinge

I have considered a rear dent widow maker but dont think I will add it.
That place looks so damn good, wow. Definitely checking that place out next time up there. Always open to recommendations
Been spending a lot of time in fishtown lately. Some of my favorites there
WM mulherins
Kensington quarters
Suraya
Sancho pistolas

Do you keep the same widowmake for all 3 rotations or rotate them as well

Do you keep the same widowmake for all 3 rotations or rotate them as well

I'll have to check some of those places out! Always down for good food. If you're up in Bethlehem some of our favs...

Orchid Steakhouse
Three Oak Steakhouse
Kome (sushi)
Nona Sulina (authentic Italian)

For widowmakers I stick with 1. Leg press is especially good for them because adding 5s or 10s a side when already moving all those plates and grinding 20-30 reps it isn't even noticeable but do that 5x and you put 25-50lbs on a lift matching reps. Cables are good for me for bi and tri widowmakers. Using pec deck now but would probably choose cable crossovers next. Laterals (non db) for shoulders.

I think any exercise you can grind without cheating form easy is a good option. Like leg press... besides rep speed you can't really change leverage or angle to cheat the weight up.

Sick leg session even though my back squat numbers and actually dropped back some weight vs jumping like I wanted. But I smashed the reps I had hit previously so still a win. Lost my gym pin... again so really slowed down and paused my adductors and hit 2 sets vs 1 and sick pump. However the low back pumps were straight up painful.

I am almost certain this is GH/water related and my sleep apnea has gotten way worse since upping the dose. So I'm gonna take a week off to clear out and then reintroduce it at 3iu every day. I was doing 5 on off days and 7.5 on training days.

Standing calves 3 straight sets
Leg press calf press 1 widowmaker set
Lying leg curl 1 rp set
Adductor 2 straight sets
Hack squat 2 straight sets, 1 widowmaker

Low back was just killing me and quads felt so full I was literally feeling like one was going to burst/tear so I skipped leg press. But strength was up everywhere. Things are really clicking.

Training day diet...
M1-
(I mix the egg whites and oats and microwave and sweeten w SF syrup and jam w egg on top. Tasty and super easy to eat)
12oz egg whites
1 whole egg
1 cup oats

M2-
7oz 93/7 lean ground beef or similar
250g rice
20g cashews
100g greens

M3-
2 scoops whey
1s Pride COR
100g berries

Intra-
10g EAA
10g creatine
4-5 twists fresh ground salt
1s Granite Recovery

M4-
7oz chicken breast
200g rice
1 banana

M5-
8oz steak
250g potato
200g greens

M6-
7oz 93/7 lean ground beef
20g cashews
200g greens

Sick leg session even though my back squat numbers and actually dropped back some weight vs jumping like I wanted. But I smashed the reps I had hit previously so still a win. Lost my gym pin... again so really slowed down and paused my adductors and hit 2 sets vs 1 and sick pump. However the low back pumps were straight up painful.

I am almost certain this is GH/water related and my sleep apnea has gotten way worse since upping the dose. So I'm gonna take a week off to clear out and then reintroduce it at 3iu every day. I was doing 5 on off days and 7.5 on training days.

Standing calves 3 straight sets
Leg press calf press 1 widowmaker set
Lying leg curl 1 rp set
Adductor 2 straight sets
Hack squat 2 straight sets, 1 widowmaker

Low back was just killing me and quads felt so full I was literally feeling like one was going to burst/tear so I skipped leg press. But strength was up everywhere. Things are really clicking.

Training day diet...
M1-
(I mix the egg whites and oats and microwave and sweeten w SF syrup and jam w egg on top. Tasty and super easy to eat)
12oz egg whites
1 whole egg
1 cup oats

M2-
7oz 93/7 lean ground beef or similar
250g rice
20g cashews
100g greens

M3-
2 scoops whey
1s Pride COR
100g berries

Intra-
10g EAA
10g creatine
4-5 twists fresh ground salt
1s Granite Recovery

M4-
7oz chicken breast
200g rice
1 banana

M5-
8oz steak
250g potato
200g greens

M6-
7oz 93/7 lean ground beef
20g cashews
200g greens

I definitely react pretty badly if I overdo the gh. Kills my sleep and just makes me feel off.

Haven't posted in a bit. Been super busy between work, teaching, grad school and some trips. Still training and just finished a cruise/deload and ready to start the next push.

Adjusted some things diet and supplement wise. Came off the GH entirely and dropped about 4-5lbs of water. Instantly fixed my sleep apnea and sleep has been better than ever. Blood pressure is still higher than I would like in the morning even after having seen my doctor and starting 2.5mg Norvasc. I think it is estrogen related as my labs showed it was high before. I don't visibly see much water retention at all after stopping the GH but I am switching to Primo I will run that a couple of weeks and get labs pulled again and see if it lowers my estrogen or if I'll have to start an AI.

Despite being super busy or perhaps helping cause me to be so busy was a weekend away from my 41st birthday. My wife planned a great trip with this neat little boutique hotel, an amazing dinner stop for some macaroons. Although at 41 the wildest I got was two martinis after dinner and then we went back to soak in a bubble bath.

This past weekend we went to the Arnold which was my second time and her first. I enjoyed it much more than my first time about 10 years ago. I'll make a post in the main forum to describe it but I was pleasantly surprised with how humble and friendly everyone was. There was a lot less douche influencer types than I anticipated. I was spitting distance of Arnold himself seem to absolutely enjoy every minute of the weekend, had some incredible sushi and got some good training in amongst some big names. Catching up on work this week before we go to Philadelphia overnight to celebrate our second wedding anniversary.

All in all things have been very very good. I will get back to you updating more this week.

Attachments

• 6F7FB43A-B52D-4222-B706-D39739F8748B.jpeg
    6F7FB43A-B52D-4222-B706-D39739F8748B.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 7686D463-4F0F-478F-95FE-0BAD58F0810F.jpeg
    7686D463-4F0F-478F-95FE-0BAD58F0810F.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
  • EDEDE2E8-6E90-4EA8-83E1-325CB74EC68F.jpeg
    EDEDE2E8-6E90-4EA8-83E1-325CB74EC68F.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 7
  • D13DEF0B-FC7A-480D-A559-31F58A795D0A.jpeg
    D13DEF0B-FC7A-480D-A559-31F58A795D0A.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 7
  • F060A09E-CD96-4A41-8FF4-B23578D668B9.jpeg
    F060A09E-CD96-4A41-8FF4-B23578D668B9.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3491.jpeg
    IMG_3491.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6733.jpeg
    IMG_6733.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 15
Strong first big push day back after deload. Big PR on incl db. Strong feeling all around. Looking to make some diet adjustments end of the week. Weight is just stagnant. I need more food. And not chest meals. Like steady food throughout the day. 222.7 yesterday. Lowest since end of January and that's not the goal lol.

Kind of unhappy how things have went from the debacle at the end of the diet. Switching coaches. Not getting more food. Not controlling binges then. Condition is fine. It's the total stagnation of growth. Missed out on the rebound. I will blame myself for not handling it better and not having the right coach/switching coaches.

Work today so it's a low day. Cardio this morning at 0400. 250cal aka 40min.

Yesterdays push...
Low incl db 150x12, 8 115x13
Smith military 225x12 245x7
Smith JM 185x7 190x7 155x12
Incl db flye 55x16, 11
Seated db lateral 25x31, 15, 9 partials
Dual pressdown 65x14, 7 drop
Abs

Not happy w the pressdowns. Need to lighten the weight, get reps higher and squeeze more. Misloaded the second set of JM press like a dope lol

How did I miss this? Nice log man, done proper 👏.and you have a great physique for 40 or any age. I'm 40 as well but you're an inspiration for me to work harder and lose some fat haha

How did I miss this? Nice log man, done proper 👏.and you have a great physique for 40 or any age. I'm 40 as well but you're an inspiration for me to work harder and lose some fat haha
Thank you for the kind words. We are never satisfied and all feel we can do better. That's why we are here!

Hungry too often. Weight is only 223.4 today. Just super irritated and frustrated. Feel like I've been saying the same thing post after post and gotten to changes. If it doesn't change I'll change it myself.

Trained abnormally late after my wife got out of work last night. Strong first back day. Sweat up a storm from the ghost I drank prior. Experimenting with straight sets versus RP sets but RP'd bis and calves at the end anyway for time. Stiff leg was solid but down 2 reps from my best at the end of the blast. Looking forward to progressing this. Weight loss always effects my leverages for any kind of deadlift the most.

Prime medium neutral pulldown 180x17 200x7 120x20
Neutral CSR 45x10 60x9 70x8
Hammer under pulldown 225x18 245x12
Stiff leg dead 435x6
Cable ez curl 35x36rp
Rope hammer curl 25x24, 21
Incl calves 140x30rp 80x21

Rushed through some leg training Friday. It was a good one but I had to skip the widowmaker leg press due to an unforeseen circumstance. No big deal. Went out for sushi with a buddy later and then the weekend in Philadelphia with my wife to celebrate our second wedding anniversary. We have gone through a lot together. But she's truly my best friend I've ever had and no matter what has happened we have always endured and come out stronger. It was really nice to celebrate.

Standings calf 220x19 240x12 260x10
Leg press calves 165x50 widowmaker
Seated leg curl 165x16 180x7 double drop
Adductor 305x49rp
SSB Viz squat 295x14 335x8 245x16

Dinner was at this phenomenal steakhouse.

We had
Steak tartare
Wagyu crostini with black truffle
Bone marrow toast
Beef wellington
Lobster linguine
Apple pie a la mode

Then went to watch a jazz show for a while. Slept in and went to brunch at a Mediterranean inspired place. Schwarma and the most amazing red velvet tiramisu pancakes ever.

Lots of tasty food and celebrations lately. Looking forward to spring break and the fact I'm done with > 50% of my student teaching hours for my Masters. Done in the beginning of May. For now 2 easier weeks work load wise to enjoy some quiet times at home w the dogs. I intend to get some good naps and Netflix in. It's a challenge for me to not feel guilty doing nothing but I work hard and have earned it.

Side note... as much as I enjoy the good eats my digestion sure takes a 48hr hit from hit. The things that happen as we age...

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpeg
    IMG_2074.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6993.jpeg
    IMG_6993.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2085.jpeg
    IMG_2085.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 15
Great back day yesterday. Interesting now that my food is higher when not dieting and I have much more energy to train instead of doing more volume I feel like I am able to push my sets much harder into and past failure but the CNS stimulation actually has me doing LESS volume than when calories were lower. I assumed it would be the opposite.

Hammer iso pulldown
315x19
335x11
355x10

Hammer plate loaded row
315x20
365x10
385x8

Deadlift
455x9

Machine curl
85x21, 12

Face away cable curl
30x17, 12

I would've liked another 1-2 sets of another row but I was a feeling great. My hinge movements and have been progressing great with only 1 balls out set every session rotating between conventional deads, stiff leg and rack pulls. Which sometimes has me doing a heavy hinge twice a in one week so the one set seems great.

Bodyweight is 227.2 today. Not as watery with GH at 4iu vs 7.5iu. Definitely hold my fat in waist/low back. I seem to put fat on kind of easy (yes I enjoy my treats and if I was super strict maybe not) but I am blessed it comes off just as easily so I am just going to push size as long as I stay healthy. Blood pressure was 137/81 this morning. Hoping this is a good sign. HR is high 60s- low 70s resting which I am happy with. Cardiovascular conditioning is very good and healthy so that makes me happy.

Cardio now then legs later today. A day off with the dogs as my wife is working. I plan to lounge with them a lot haha.

Solid leg day yesterday given that I was a little fried from deadlifting the day before. Not a fan back and leg days consecutively because of that plus the lower back loading. Audibles and swapped out a high and wide widowmaker for some leg extensions with double drop. PR hitting hacks for 6 plates. I'm gonna lead with that next time and see if I can jump those reps to the 10 range before backing off.

Came home and ate and my wife got home from work. She was standing in the kitchen chatting and got a run of PVC's. Gradually got worse. She had some other symptoms. I wanted to take her to the ED for some labs but wasn't overly worried. She wanted to go back to work to run an EKG. I agreed. On the way she got syncopal and very scared. Diaphoretic and short of breath. I was driving and couldn't really do much but got pretty scared. Got to the station and EKG showed single PVC's every 6-8 seconds and a sinus arrhythmia/sinus brady. Her co workers took her in the ambulance to the ED and I met her there. I was pretty scared then but tried to stay chill. Never experienced anything like this. She had very bad covid before but I knew that wasn't acutely life threatening. Anyway, long story short, labs including electrolytes and 2 troponins were negative. She got a liter of fluid and some Mg IV. No cause identified. She's very healthy, body builds, does her cardio, eats clean aside from our date nights... nothing has changed it just came out of nowhere. She's gotta get a 24hr monitor tomorrow and schedule a cardiology appointment. She's still having some but not as bad. Might need a beta blocker if they persist. I called out of work. We were there til 130 and I would've had to be up at 4. Plus I was worried she was still having them.

Incl calf
160x18 180x11 100x19

Leg press calf
185x50 widowmaker

Lying leg curl
125x16 140x9

Hack squat
49513 585x7

Arsenal leg extension
50x21 double drop

Got to train at Guy Cisternino's new gym yesterday. It's very nice and very clean and modern but rugged. I like the vibe so far. Never used NewTech equipment but it's amazing. Smooth as butter. Very comfortable. Got to push hard. My wife trained some. Just a deload type workout to get some blood moving. She's still having PVC's but cardiology isn't for a month. She's cleared to do everything physically but is uncomfortable and a little apprehensive yet. I feel for her.

Up for cardio this morning and now off to teach half a day before training back later.

MT incl
405x16 455x9 495x2

MT shoulder
315x12 365x9

MT lateral
45x26, 16, 13

MT jm press
315x10, 7

NT machine dip
127.5x16 135x9, 7

High cable crossover
45x22

Abs

More machines in a row but I normally would do one of the try out the new stuff. The back pieces look even better than the pressing stuff. I like this stuff even better than prime so far

Pic is in the posing room with the Shawn Rohden mural. And then me on the couch last night with my two-year-old mal was being lovey. Usually he's a momma's boy.

Attachments

• IMG_7267.jpeg
    IMG_7267.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2170.jpeg
    IMG_2170.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 19

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views