over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bogalusa Heart Study

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anybody ever hear about this or look at any of the research conducted? It's crazy, study has been going on for nearly 40 yrs. If you're not familiar with it, it's worth a look. It's nothing we don't already know in our community, still interesting for people who aren't as familiar or concerned with overall health

Will do. Wasn't sure if you had a reputable link on hand which is why I asked

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Sorry I don't. I was watching a documentary on obesity and heart disease which is how I heard about it. It's supposed to be the longest running study of its kind which is cool. I mean, 40+ yrs of research and findings is pretty amazing especially seeing it's the same people.

What doc were you watching?? I'm going to read the study now while I work and this doc sounds interesting as well

What doc were you watching?? I'm going to read the study now while I work and this doc sounds interesting as well

Something along the lines of "Weight in America"

It's not a new one, was bored and found it

Anybody ever hear about this or look at any of the research conducted? It's crazy, study has been going on for nearly 40 yrs. If you're not familiar with it, it's worth a look. It's nothing we don't already know in our community, still interesting for people who aren't as familiar or concerned with overall health

Why don't you summarize the key points or findings, to those people who don't have time to go read the entire study.

Or at least provide a link to reputable site.

Why don't you summarize the key points or findings, to those people who don't have time to go read the entire study.

Or at least provide a link to reputable site.
Key points:
77% of obese children grow up to be obese and suffer heart/cardiac conditions
5-6% of kids not obese grow up to be obese
Children show signs of cardiac issues with poor diets, small signs, but if not addressed will grow
Cardiac issues do NOT only affect "poor" as once believed
Longest study (40+ years) in this area and still going on
Unfortunately they still use BMI, but its findings are still credible
Increase in obesity on rapid rise across all ethnicities and socio economic groups.
Direct correlation between obesity and a plethora of health issues: stroke, cardiac, diabetes etc

Again, nothing groundbreaking but still a cool long standing/continuing study

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Here's a link to what he was watching

**broken link removed**

Bogalusa Louisiana???

Odd that they would do a cardiac study in that area considering there isn't a fucking thing up there but a paper mill that's been polluting the water for a hundred years and only has about 15,000 people tops.

But i guess if you want to study a bunch of seditary people with extremely poor eating habits and life style that's a great place , although the huge increase in meth production in that zone the last decade has cut back on obesity some

Bogalusa Louisiana???

Odd that they would do a cardiac study in that area considering there isn't a fucking thing up there but a paper mill that's been polluting the water for a hundred years and only has about 15,000 people tops.

But i guess if you want to study a bunch of seditary people with extremely poor eating habits and life style that's a great place , although the huge increase in meth production in that zone the last decade has cut back on obesity some
Well the study has been going on for 40+ years so there's that. It's not as if they just started it, I'd agree that it's dumb to do so but it's been going on a long time.

Despite there being "things to do" in other areas of the country, the majority of people do nothing. People who think like we do, even without drugs involved, are the scarce minority in this country. Being overweight is being praised, while being health conscience is being labeled as having issues. Went to Lego Land on Monday, the amount of overweight people was astounding. Most just sitting around, I wanted to tell the walk around!

People would rather go to a park and do nothing but sit around than walk around. So while there's nothing to do in Bogalusa, the atmosphere aligns with most of America, sadly

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner