over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Breathing at night

Sleep.apnea no.doubt damaging to yout heart. I've been using a cpap and it changed my life. Mine was so bad they woke me up and gave me a cpap on the 1st night. Totally changed my life

OK, went to my cardiologist once a week for the last 3 weeks. He said I am exhibiting severe congestive heart failure. For those of you that don't know, congestive heart failure is not a heart attack, it's having a ton of fluids in your chest to the point of it pushing on your heart, lungs and all other thoracic organs. Soon as I lay down if interferes with all functions. He spent a lot of time with me asking a million question. Turns out even though I have great control of my macros, I have been using about a ton of salt. I make a lot of meat and all your great chef's all say, their big secret is to salt the hell out of your meats for flavor. OOPS!
Not good. So I eliminated all table salt, watching for salty food (pickles, V8 etc) He also said, to cut back on all my fluids. I used to inhale a ton of water, diet soda, and coffee. I always thought it kept me from snacking. Suck down 12 oz of water and like magic you're no longer hungry.
Any way I did as he asked. I lost 7 lbs in 2 days, all water. From the very first day my breathing has increased 200% Has not woke me up once.
So watch your salt boys. I might be an idiot for not knowing this but better late than never!!!!!

OK, went to my cardiologist once a week for the last 3 weeks. He said I am exhibiting severe congestive heart failure. For those of you that don't know, congestive heart failure is not a heart attack, it's having a ton of fluids in your chest to the point of it pushing on your heart, lungs and all other thoracic organs. Soon as I lay down if interferes with all functions. He spent a lot of time with me asking a million question. Turns out even though I have great control of my macros, I have been using about a ton of salt. I make a lot of meat and all your great chef's all say, their big secret is to salt the hell out of your meats for flavor. OOPS!
Not good. So I eliminated all table salt, watching for salty food (pickles, V8 etc) He also said, to cut back on all my fluids. I used to inhale a ton of water, diet soda, and coffee. I always thought it kept me from snacking. Suck down 12 oz of water and like magic you're no longer hungry.
Any way I did as he asked. I lost 7 lbs in 2 days, all water. From the very first day my breathing has increased 200% Has not woke me up once.
So watch your salt boys. I might be an idiot for not knowing this but better late than never!!!!!
I cant remember, what is your ejection fraction?

I cant remember, what is your ejection fraction?
Before I started cutting salt and new meds it was like 45% not bad, not the best. Waiting for new results. Just had echo and everything else.

Before I started cutting salt and new meds it was like 45% not bad, not the best. Waiting for new results. Just had echo and everything else.
Wow, that's pretty good. I figured it was down around 20% or less like mine. I don't have any signs of congestion in my heart or pulmonary and mine is down below 20%.

Did the doctor have any suggestions as to why you have fluid backing up so bad? Your heart's function isn't terribly bad at 45%.

I quit smoking weed many years ago. When I did smoke I would have episodes where I would wake up gasping for air.
When I quit smoking it stopped happening.
I did the home sleep study a few years ago and they said I was Ok and didn't have sleep apnea.
I now have my Medical Marijuana Card here in Florida and I take full strength oils and capsules on a nightly basis. I don't have the "gasping for air" episodes that I had from smoking.

Last edited:
At 270 I definitely had tremendous sleep apnea and would often wake up choking after vomiting stomach acid into my throat and swallowing it in my sleep

I meant to respond to this earlier. I have episodes of this, has been happening occasionally for many years. I wake up with vomit or bile coming up, feels like it goes in my nose, and I'm gasping for air for 5-10 seconds in total panic.

I could research it but does anyone here immediately know what the likely problem is? I have tremendous periodic problems with acid reflux. It has happened recently too though I've lost weight and don't snore. I start snoring as I get above a certain weight and most likely have sleep apnea then. But I mentioned this to the doc and he waved me off even though they specialize in sleep apnea at this clinic.

I meant to respond to this earlier. I have episodes of this, has been happening occasionally for many years. I wake up with vomit or bile coming up, feels like it goes in my nose, and I'm gasping for air for 5-10 seconds in total panic.

I could research it but does anyone here immediately know what the likely problem is? I have tremendous periodic problems with acid reflux. It has happened recently too though I've lost weight and don't snore. I start snoring as I get above a certain weight and most likely have sleep apnea then. But I mentioned this to the doc and he waved me off even though they specialize in sleep apnea at this clinic.
Do you have any dysphagia problems too? I have that, and it was really bad a few years ago. Dysphagia is where you cant swallow food or drink when its bad. The food and drink gets stuck in your esophagus and you end up having to throw it back up. Hurts like hell. I think the acid reflux makes it worse and may even start the problem. Mine was worst when I was drinking alcohol. Avoid alcoholic beverages and your acid reflux should get better. Spicy foods makes it worse also. Losing weight has a huge affect also.

Probably going to have get sleep study done. I just don't see myself sleeping with the CPAP on.
I completely understand your hesitancy as I originally tried the original model CPAP machine years ago and was like "Fuck This!!". I explain it to people as trying to sleep with a blow dryer strapped to your face.

I finally broke down and went back and they started me on a CPAP with alternating pressure for inhalation and exhalation. Night and day difference. Extremely easy to sleep with.

I know being heavy can bring on sleep apnea with people that have never had it before. I have read that having a thick neck is a big reason for that. Does anyone know if its more a case of having a thick neck, or if its mostly due to just being heavy. I suppose the body in this regard doesnt know the difference between 275 lbs and 25% bodyfat and being 275 lbs/10% bodyfat?

I could research it but does anyone here immediately know what the likely problem is? I have tremendous periodic problems with acid reflux. It has happened recently too though I've lost weight and don't snore. I start snoring as I get above a certain weight and most likely have sleep apnea then. But I mentioned this to the doc and he waved me off even though they specialize in sleep apnea at this clinic
It’s known as gerd. It can be exacerbated by eating large meals and laying down flat as gravity allows acid to work its way back up your esophagus. Try raising the head of your bed by a few inches with some boards or blocks. This can make a really big difference

Do you have any dysphagia problems too? I have that, and it was really bad a few years ago. Dysphagia is where you cant swallow food or drink when its bad. The food and drink gets stuck in your esophagus and you end up having to throw it back up. Hurts like hell. I think the acid reflux makes it worse and may even start the problem. Mine was worst when I was drinking alcohol. Avoid alcoholic beverages and your acid reflux should get better. Spicy foods makes it worse also. Losing weight has a huge affect also.
I had this for several years. Especially with white rice. I would choke on it a couple times a week and have to vomit it up

I know being heavy can bring on sleep apnea with people that have never had it before. I have read that having a thick neck is a big reason for that. Does anyone know if its more a case of having a thick neck, or if its mostly due to just being heavy. I suppose the body in this regard doesnt know the difference between 275 lbs and 25% bodyfat and being 275 lbs/10% bodyfat?
Neck diameter is the number one indicator of sleep apnea. The thicker the neck gets, the more the airways get compressed and closed off when the muscles relax during sleep

I had this for several years. Especially with white rice. I would choke on it a couple times a week and have to vomit it up
Hurts like hell doesnt it! I still get it, but its not as bad now. Once I stopped drinking wine it has gotten much better. Famotidine keeps mine mostly at bay, although I just had to throw up at dinner the other night. Sucked too because it was the first time in over a year that we as a family went out to eat in a restaurant. It happened to be Chinese. Veggies seem to aggravate mine the most.

I dont recommend the proton pump inhibitors. I took Protonix for a few months and had agonizing cramps in my leg adductor muscles.

Neck diameter is the number one indicator of sleep apnea. The thicker the neck gets, the more the airways get compressed and closed off when the muscles relax during sleep
Ok. So someone could be 200 lbs with a 20 inch neck and have problems, but another guy could be 275 lbs with a 17 inch neck and be fine maybe.

Ok. So someone could be 200 lbs with a 20 inch neck and have problems, but another guy could be 275 lbs with a 17 inch neck and be fine maybe.
Yep absolutely. Some of it comes down to genetics and the shape of your natural airways. You can be born with apnea essentially. But the majority of it is neck circumference. Essentially if you have a neck above 18 inches the odds you also have sleep apnea is pretty much 100

Hurts like hell doesnt it! I still get it, but its not as bad now. Once I stopped drinking wine it has gotten much better. Famotidine keeps mine mostly at bay, although I just had to throw up at dinner the other night. Sucked too because it was the first time in over a year that we as a family went out to eat in a restaurant. It happened to be Chinese. Veggies seem to aggravate mine the most.

I dont recommend the proton pump inhibitors. I took Protonix for a few months and had agonizing cramps in my leg adductor muscles.
Fuck yes it does. First time it happened to me I was alone at work and I thought I was choking to death. Then I realized I could still breathe with it there. But trying to swallow water to push it down just caused the water to spew back out. Eventually I had to gag myself to vomit it up and it came up with a bunch of blood from my throat. Scared the hell out of me.
I still get it occasionally but it’s not as bad. I can usually make it go down with a big gulp of water to push it. I have also given up drinking as it wrecked my stomach.
As far as proton pump inhibitors they ruined my life for two years. 2-4 times weekly extreme vomiting and diarrhea. Hospitalized for it several times. Docs couldn’t figure it out. Almost removed my appendix. I ended up discovering that the lack of stomach acid caused by years of proton pump inhibitors was causing my food to ferment and putrefy in my stomach. I would start burping what tasted like beer and within a few hours I would vomit every 30 minutes and have diarrhea 15-30 times in 24 hours to the point I would get severe muscle cramps and couldn’t move. Never again

Yep absolutely. Some of it comes down to genetics and the shape of your natural airways. You can be born with apnea essentially. But the majority of it is neck circumference. Essentially if you have a neck above 18 inches the odds you also have sleep apnea is pretty much 100
I know that I didnt think I had any issues until mine got up over 19 inches. Thats when I would wake up occasionally gasping for air. I probably should have gotten a CPAP.

I've been feeling uneasy when swallowing, like it's harder than it should be. Hard time swallowing without anything in the mouth. I have to investigate more.

Sugar is the worst for my reflux.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127