Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Bromelain Update-Training and Post OP Surgery wise

I know I promised an update on Bromelain from this thread:
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12328
But several things happened but I can give some real world experience now especially after my recent surgery.
Previously from Late June to about Mid September I took 10 weeks off completely of weight training. I did this to rest up and set myself up for huge gains. I never had taken off more than 3 weeks due to anything other than bronchitus and a tonsillectomy 10 years ago so I was curious to see how the time off would affect me.
I continued to stay active and did cardio 3 times a week plus ate very lean and maintained 270. I restarted sometime in September, and used Bromelain at this time @ 1200 GDU's (1000 mgs or 2 tabs) of this brand http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?xs=F33A901D02BE4F8691665F1FBF38ACF2&PID=272&np=0
I am convinced that it really helped reduce inflammation and soreness as the entire time I resumed upping the intensity and weight I didn't get that almost "deep to the bone fiber ripping soreness" I had gotten in the past when returning from a layoff of more than a week.
Bromelain was the only thing I did differently, other than the normal C E and multivitamins and supplemental protein. I hadn't even started any AAS or creatine yet either but my bodyweight and strength soared while my soreness remained tolerable.
Muscle memory is a great thing, and I wanted to test the Bromelain out in a worse case scenario and who would have thought that I'd really get my chance.
On 10/21 I ripped my knee and quad muscles by missing a stair and well 80% was torn.
to make a long story short, I had surgery on following Wednesday and the swelling and pain were so bad it was intolerable leaving me in the hospital longer than I wanted. I had family bring in my vitamins C and multi's and the Bromelain, less than 24 hrs after injesting 3-500mg doses of bromelain, my leg sqelling was down 75% and in another 1/2 day it was completely gone allowing me to be released from the hospital and go home.
I firmly believe that the bromelain did this as I have had numerous conversations with others in the past on the wonder healing properties of bromelain in extremely catabolic conditions, like C-sections. and other invasive surgeries. People I have spoken too relayed the same experiences about the dramatic healing and anti-inflammatory properties of bromelain.

Now for a summation-I didn't take it prior to surgery as there could have been some interference with clotting if you read the link I posted on this thread on the article.
I feel bromelain has uses in cases of extreme catabolism and injury, limited use for those that are just training-but can be a great use to many who train extremely heavy and hard tearing down a ton of tissue-it can reduce soreness and inflammation in these severe cases IMO which can lead to greater gains-OVER TIME.
I am currently taking 1500 mgs a day and will continue for a few more months and repost the benefits then.

Last edited:
Also a big part of my digestive health has also been assisted by ginger root and live acidolpholous culutres-in turn with the Bromelain.
Phil and Big A preach the gospel on digestive health and they couldn't be more spot on in their advice as a healthy gut keeps the machine rolling effeciently. This stuff keeps the appetite up and the digestive very effecient.
Ginger Root has many benefits as well as acidolpholous.
http://www.herbal-supplements-guide.com/benefits-of-ginger-root.html

Thanks for the update my friend!

I too have been taking 1g bromelaine upon waking. My joints and tendons are well EXCEPT 2 knuckles on my right hand. I've never had arthritis and I'm afraid that's what my problem with knuckes is. Index and middle finger knuckles are NOTICEABLY swollen and bothersome when closing my hand. I've actually had this the last several years. It's not getting worse, but certainly not getting better - swelling has seemed to increase over time rather than decrease.

Great Post Massive...
I had a colon resection 5 years back due to Crohn's disease and after reading your post mentioning bromelain/digestive supps, I'm definitely going to be picking this up. Hopefully this will aid in my utilization of proteins, which will mean more gains

Good read, Massive!

Where is the best place to buy it? I want to use it.

Thanks for the informative post.;)

THANKS, XCEL!

I'LL CHECK IT OUT RIGHT NOW! HOPE THINGS ARE GOING WELL. I WISH YOU COULD HAVE GONE OUT TO THE NORTHWESTERN CHAMPIONSHIPS! CAPTAIN FLASH GORDON AND I HAD FUN BEING FAT BASTARDS ALL BY OURSELVES DUE TO YOUR NEGLIGENCE!:D

JETHRO TULL said:
CAPTAIN FLASH GORDON AND I HAD FUN BEING FAT BASTARDS ALL BY OURSELVES DUE TO YOUR NEGLIGENCE!:D
Yea - I'm gonna have my hands full trying to give you two bad boys that spanking your deserve :eek: :eek: :p

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131