advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Caber Causes Heart Valve Problems?!? What's the Truth?

Ides44

Registered
What's the deal with Caber? Does it really cause heart valve failure? Damn! Is that true? If so, what are the details? Freakin' ironic, if ya think about it.

Research the studies

The dosages involved were very high and also for VERY long treatment.

Don't panic but not something you want to stay in year round.

Putting caber aside, ever see the studies on nolva, alarming!

Pull the journals and studies and take a look on both.

Don't panic with caber

What's the deal with Caber? Does it really cause heart valve failure? Damn! Is that true? If so, what are the details? Freakin' ironic, if ya think about it.
Yes or no, I'm going to keep taking it. I love the stuff!

How are you brother?
Cabergoline as you know is an Alzheimer medication, and people have been treated for it for a long times, and yes it was found to have caused heart valve problems in some people , however we are talking doses from 5 to 10 mgs daily,and they are treated for long periods of time.
If you are using it for prolactin management the most you should use is 1 mg twice a week,that would be a real safe dose, this is a very strong compound and the half life is very long.
I myself use 0.5 mg of Dostinex twice a week and it works great.
God bless you. Minister.

Yes it does and it isn't that implausible. But as a bodybuilder you don't need common dosages by far ...so ...quite low risk for us.

Gotta bounce with the minister on this one, remember this; all warnings on inserts are only seen in less than 1% of users, and then it requires other parameters to be in place such as length of time and dosage.... Again, do not believe everything u hear or read or one can become an absolute "para- ski".... That what we call fellow Physicians and medical students after the first year of medical school...... We begin believing we have or will get every symptom from a given disease process that we convince ourselves that we have due to the high stress level.....i have been on nolva on n off for 3 mos, some people are on nolva like anti rejection medication, "a lifetime"!

I agree 100%, you get some antibiotics for a sinus infection and you get a book to read with it saying basically that it can cause anything from a headache to a a horrible death, I believe they are just trying to cover their butts in case any adverse reaction to any med.
Blessings. Minister.

MINISTER, every time i see your posts it makes my day a little brighter bro! As for caber, I've been wondering the same thing since i've been researching it lately as well. I'll be on a heavy tren cycle when I cut in a couple months and am working on getting my hands on some to control prolactin. My doctor wouldn't prescribe me that or letro (I have pre-existing gyno from using PH when i was younger and being an idiot and not using any AE, SERM, AI, etc), because what i wanted them for wasn't their primary function and he wasn't comfortable with the potential side effects. On a side note, if anyone knows of a sponsor on here or another source to get either or both, please PM me if you could, since my doc isn't being any help. Especially the letro, cuz i can't afford the plastic surgery to get this gyno removed and it's the only thing stopping me from competing. It's not huge, but noticeable if you know what you're looking at (such as competition judges!) Thanks!

How are you brother?
Cabergoline as you know is an Alzheimer medication, and people have been treated for it for a long times, and yes it was found to have caused heart valve problems in some people , however we are talking doses from 5 to 10 mgs daily,and they are treated for long periods of time.
If you are using it for prolactin management the most you should use is 1 mg twice a week,that would be a real safe dose, this is a very strong compound and the half life is very long.
I myself use 0.5 mg of Dostinex twice a week and it works great.
God bless you. Minister.

Great point. Other than being on 10x more the few patients that developed hear issues were old. And we dont know their heath prior....I think with the things we do, there is plenty more to be concerned with.

allowing prolactin to remain elevated can damage thyroid function.

Last edited:
Parkinsons sufferers are given Cabergoline for decades at higher dosages than you'll take for bodybuilding purposes, but they also have routine echocardiograms.

Great point. Other than being on 10x more the few patients that developed hear issues were old. And we dont know their heath prior....I think with the things we do, there is plenty more to be concerned with.

allowing prolactin to remain elevated can damage thyroid function.

we might not know their health prior to...however, if other contributing factors were present, they could not and would not make the claim that caber is the culprit.

My endocrinologist said it was mostly the high dosages causing heart valve problems but after 8 years of being on caber he is tapering me off. I have been using half a tab twice a week. He tapered me down to half once a week and in 3 months will try and get me off caber altogether. Why? Because even small dosages taken long term are now thought to cause heart valve trouble in some people. I wish I had never started the med. :banghead:

My endocrinologist said it was mostly the high dosages causing heart valve problems but after 8 years of being on caber he is tapering me off. I have been using half a tab twice a week. He tapered me down to half once a week and in 3 months will try and get me off caber altogether. Why? Because even small dosages taken long term are now thought to cause heart valve trouble in some people. I wish I had never started the med. :banghead:

What was your reason for starting?

What was your reason for starting?

My prolactin levels were elevated from TRT or it was still elevated from a prior cycle of test. I waited 6weeks post cycle to have blood work and prolactin was high.

Last edited:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner