over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb Refeed During Keto Diet

Registered
I am three weeks into a low carb diet. The fat has been melting off and my muscle strength has been preserved. I am taking Test/Tren/Var. Here is a breakdown of my macros.

Calories: 1600
Protein: 250
Fat: 50
Carbs: 30

I eat five meals a day. Meal 1 is preworkout and Meal 2 is postworkout. These two meals are where I get my fat and carbs.

I want to do a refeed day to fill up my glycogen stores yet still continue to keep the fat melting off. Here are some options I am considering for my refeed day:

1) Add carbs to meals 1 and 2 (maybe 100 grams each meal)
2) Add fat and carbs to all five meals (this would get me 1000 calories over maintenance)

All suggestions are much appreciated.

If you do a refeed then it’s the last meal of the day

When Dave was my coach that’s how we did it.

I would not add carbs in all your meals. You want enough to replenish glycogen, boost metabolism and that’s it. Don’t go crazy. The longer you stay on keto your body gets use to it. I did keto for 16 weeks and the days after my show I just ate and ate and I got so sick and rebounded like an asshole and my stomach hurt bad.

If your carb depleted and want best performance for the next upcoming days, carb ups are pretty simple.

Very low fat, 3g per pound of body weight of carbs, spread over 24-36h.

If you want a psychological break, just have one carby cheat meal.

Either way, put it the day prior to something you want the best performance on. Like a weak body part.

If you want a carb meal and want to affect ketosis the LEAST, have it prior to a big body part, and go back
To keto diet after workout.

Thank you for the input thus far. My original post referenced "carb refeed" but now I am contemplating "carb cycling".

I do a five day split (chest, back, arms, legs, rest). I was wondering if day 5 (rest day) could be my carb refeed day with 3 grams carbs per pound of body weight followed by days 1, 2, 3, and 4 being my low carb days as described in my original post.

As always the goal is to increase muscle size and keep the abdomen flat (which mine is nearly there and I would like to keep it this way).

Any thoughts on this concept?

I am three weeks into a low carb diet. The fat has been melting off and my muscle strength has been preserved. I am taking Test/Tren/Var. Here is a breakdown of my macros.

Calories: 1600
Protein: 250
Fat: 50
Carbs: 30

I eat five meals a day. Meal 1 is preworkout and Meal 2 is postworkout. These two meals are where I get my fat and carbs.

I want to do a refeed day to fill up my glycogen stores yet still continue to keep the fat melting off. Here are some options I am considering for my refeed day:

1) Add carbs to meals 1 and 2 (maybe 100 grams each meal)
2) Add fat and carbs to all five meals (this would get me 1000 calories over maintenance)

All suggestions are much appreciated.
I do the Keto lifestyle most the year. At only 3 weeks into it. I'd stick to a higher calorie keto day if you feel your metabolism is slowing down. It takes at least 6 weeks to be fully fat adapted. What that means is your body prefers ketosis. So if you eat carbs when the glycogen runs out you easily go back into ketosis. Right now you could deal with a lot of hormonal swings if you carb up and try and go back to keto the next day.

First off , what are your current stats And what did you calculate your calorie to be ??
1600 calorie is pretty low unless your a smaller person , you could be feeling that you need a "refeed" more because you are so low on actual nutrition.

second , are you wanting to do actual ketogenic/fat adapted diet or just low carbs or carb cycle

I would highly recommend carb cycling. I’ve always felt like shit tryin to do keto with refeeds. It takes 2-3 days to get into ketosis during which I feel like poo, and then 2-3 days of feeling ok, and then refeed and feel great! Then back to poo again the next 3 days.
Carb cycling feels great.

First off , what are your current stats And what did you calculate your calorie to be ??
1600 calorie is pretty low unless your a smaller person , you could be feeling that you need a "refeed" more because you are so low on actual nutrition.

second , are you wanting to do actual ketogenic/fat adapted diet or just low carbs or carb cycle

I assumed due to avatar and 1600 calories it was a female

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner