over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Career Change

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Basically, i make 34000 a year, working 60+ hrs a week and 70+ hrs a week from may to october. I'm a restaurant manager busting my ass to barely be able to pay my bills. if something major happens that would cost a lot of money id be screwed. But i have no idea what i could get into to make some decent money to live off of. I was thinking about going to realestate school. Any ideas?

I still think MBA yields the best ROE. 6-six figures is almost an guarantee from a top 25 program. 7-figures possible if you land a trading position at a I-bank.

Well, it's a rough thing to suggest. Especially without a background on what you like, etc. If you do any competitions, talk to small, local supp shops for sponsorships. I'm in a similar situation, and I know that even $100/mo can make a nice difference. If not that, I'd still suggest you try to supplement your income before you try to change careers. It'll be rough with a 70+ hrs a week job, but it's not impossible.

Basically, i make 34000 a year, working 60+ hrs a week and 70+ hrs a week from may to october. I'm a restaurant manager busting my ass to barely be able to pay my bills. if something major happens that would cost a lot of money id be screwed. But i have no idea what i could get into to make some decent money to live off of. I was thinking about going to realestate school. Any ideas?

well.....you have managment skills

this applies anywhere a manager is needed i'm assuming

this opens up a whole shit load of opportunity

:)

I am a former restaurant owner, working long hours like you, and taking home even less. It is a business for a certain type, that is for sure.

From my observations of my own mother, and two friends, I would reccomend against real estate. How about hours like you are putting in now, with no pay and all expenses are your own to cover?

I was fortunate that I had a background in industrial sales, and I am back at that in great position, but that is because I have 25 years of experience.

Not to disagree with the MBA advice, -- I am part of the way there myself, not at a top 25 school though -- I do not think that that is the current reality. Besides that the top schools and lesser ones are very expensive.

What I would reccomend is a trade -- welding, machinist, hvac. plumbing, electrical, etc. You will always be in demand. This is not what I did, but it is what I am helping my oldest son do.

So i was talking to one of my regulars at work. He's in new home sales for a company like toll Brothers. He was saying that the company saleries you at 60k for the first 6 months of training, then once your on your own, they pay all of your advertizing and promotional money along with paying for your license. he said on average he sells 2 -4 homes a month at a $5000 comission per home. but its straight commission. It sounds a little too easy. Is anyone familiar with this type of sales position?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws