over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Caveman diet, what do you think?

Tom

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I got this in my email from Dr. Al Sears. It makes sense to me, what is your opinion?

Al Sears, MD
12794 Forest Hill Blvd., Suite 16
Wellington, FL 33414 August 2, 2007
Dear Reader,

Why would you want to learn about the caveman?

We’re getting fat and diseased like never before with diabetes rising even faster. Yet the typical approach recommended – eat less meat and fat, and more grains, vegetables, and fruits – has done nothing to curb this trend. In fact, it’s made it worse.

I’ve been writing for years about benefits from the diet of our pre-historic ancestors. This includes building up lean muscle, burning fat, and reducing your risk of heart disease and diabetes.

Now finally others are chiming in…

Scientists in Sweden tested a typical prehistoric diet on people with diabetes. They avoided cereals, dairy products, refined fat, and sugar, which provide most of the calories of the modern diet.1

Over 12 weeks, the researchers compared the “Stone Age” volunteers with people given a Mediterranean diet of whole grain cereals, low fat dairy products, fruit, vegetables and unsaturated fats.

After 12 weeks, the blood sugar peaks dropped 26 percent with the Stone Age diet but only 7 percent with the Mediterranean diet.

And…at the end of the study, all the patients in the prehistoric group had normal blood sugar.

The bottom line is that diabetes is not a lifelong condition you have to live with. You can reverse it by changing your diet. And the focus on blood sugar levels is actually misguided.

Don’t believe that diabetes is a problem of blood sugar level. In fact, high blood sugar levels are a symptom of diabetes, not the root cause. Excess insulin causes diabetes when you eat too much carbohydrate.

Here’s where the “Stone Age” diet comes in. It relies mainly on lean meat, nuts, vegetables, and fish – with minimal carbs. This study showed that, by returning to the basic foods our ancestors relied on to survive, the symptoms of diabetes disappeared – in every case.

This proves what I’ve been saying for years: the USDA food pyramid is worthless. Its focus on grains, carbs, and starchy foods is making us sick. It’s not what we were born to eat.

Farming and grain-based agriculture – the staple of our modern diet – were developed about 10,000 years ago. That’s not a very long time from an evolutionary standpoint.

For millions of years before that, our hunter-gatherer ancestors lived on a diet of meat, wild vegetables, nuts, and berries. They were either predator or prey. They needed the kind of lean muscle that would give them sudden, explosive power.

Their bodies evolved around a diet that gave them the strength, stamina and muscle growth for the hunt. And genetically speaking, your body is 99.998% identical.

So to stay lean and strong – and to avoid obesity and diabetes – all you have to do is adjust your diet to its “caveman” roots. This can be summed up in two simple steps: step up the protein and kick out the carbs.

Eat grass-fed meat, wild fish, and cage-free eggs (to avoid the environmental toxins of modern agriculture and animal husbandry). Instead of potato chips, snack on nuts and berries and skip all cereal and processed foods with added sugar.

So easy a caveman could do it…
To Your Good Health,

Al Sears, MD

Yuo are able to read the mind bro!

Well this Doc is inteligent cause he is able to apply the common sense to the diet.:)

The "Evolution" (understanding it by genetic changes to adapt to the environment) needs MORE than 10.000 years to adapt the body to the HUGE changes experimented in this short (for Evolution) period of time.

Genetics change in some hormones (mainly insulin) are needed to "survive" to this new type of diet...SHIT DIET.

I had just posted this on GK boards 30 min ago:

Well, american way of life.

Human body and specially insulin is not prepared to lead with this way of life.

Processed foods high in sugar and fats all day long had put USA in the top of obese population in the world.

What you eat is processed and insulin produced after that and in response of this type of "diet" you enjoy this:

Hydropsy, obesity, hypertension, insulin resistance leading to diabetes Type II, abnormalities of blood clotting ,low HDL and high LDL cholesterol levels.

For ALL this body response expert docs put a fancy name to this "pack":

"metabolic symdrome "X""

LOL

It's so hard to tell the people the thruth?

YOU CAN´T EAT HIGH+MODERATE GLYCEMIC+TRANS FATS (MAINLY FAST FOOD....TRASH FOOD/SHIT FOOD) FOODS ALL DAY LONG, YEAR AFTER YEAR AND EXPECT TO BE HEALTHY!

THIS IS THE "STRANGE "metabolic syndrome "X""...

...A SHIT WAY OF EATING!

I am doing this diet for fat loss, It is working great and i have never felt more energetic and alert...
Fats, nuts for fat and fibre, lots of meat and eggs, with metamucil upon going to bed..
Works great, I stay real strong and very lean, with lots of energy.
This makes sense to me...

Mmmmmmm

How long did cavemen live? 20-30 years tops? Any idea how their blood work was? I think any diet this drastic talking about cutting out a macro nutrient is just pure gibberish. I mean, we all know not to eat processed foods, potato chips, trans fats, refined sugars, etc..........that is a given. Cutting out carbs is not a common sense approach to eating/dieting.

How long did cavemen live? 20-30 years tops? Any idea how their blood work was? I think any diet this drastic talking about cutting out a macro nutrient is just pure gibberish. I mean, we all know not to eat processed foods, potato chips, trans fats, refined sugars, etc..........that is a given. Cutting out carbs is not a common sense approach to eating/dieting.

Toney Freeman and Evan centopinni, and Dave palumbo to name a few would disagree....
IMO...
I am doing it and it works well....Real well..
Short term i believe also, forever, no possibly not.

I like what the doc says,but dont forget we are all have different food needs,as for living 20 or 30 years when was the last time you broke every bone in your body, and had to run from a 900 pound cat and kill a 15000 pound mammoth.I think that has more to do with it than food.

How many anti oxidants you miss out on not eating fruit and drinking juices?
I take vit. c,e,lycopene, pommagranite powder etc..I am covered.

I like what the doc says,but dont forget we are all have different food needs,as for living 20 or 30 years when was the last time you broke every bone in your body, and had to run from a 900 pound cat and kill a 15000 pound mammoth.I think that has more to do with it than food.

As well as they didnt have modern medicine, health care, proper housing and on and on.....A common cold could have killed back then

R U SERIOUS?

MEN WERE NEVER CHASED BY 900 POUND CATS OR 1500 POUND MAMMOTHS. WHAT ARE YOU READING?

I wish i was a caveman, dating would have been so much easier ...lol

Conversation at the meeting place would be ugg, ahh.. Then club, and take her back to the pad...jk.....
I hope country chic doesnt see this.

YOU HAVE A P.H.D. IN MEDICINE AND ARE A R.D.? SHOW ME THE STUDY THAT SHOWS POMEGRANATE POWDER STOPS CANCEROUS TUMORS IN THE PROSTATE FROM METASTICIZING.

Ummm do you???
seriously chill out bro...google it.......I believe UCLA just posted some results recently..

NOTHING

NOTHING BEATS WHOLE FOODS..........NOT POWDERS, PILLS, NOTHING. YOU EAT THE WAY YOU WANT TO AND WHEN YOU WIN A PRO SHOW, COME POST HERE AND TELL US WHAT YOU ATE. IF TONY FREEMAN AND EVAN CENTOPANI AND DAVE PALUMBO DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, RIGHT? YOU BROUGHT PRO BODY BUILDERS INTO THIS, I DID NOT.

YES

Ummm do you???
seriously chill out bro...google it.......I believe UCLA just posted some results recently..

I POSTED IT AND IT WAS NOT A POWDER, IT WAS A JUICE. YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND, I AM NOT HOT OR UPSET SO NO NEED TO CHILL ON THIS END. I JUST DO NOT LIKE BULLSHIT ON HERE AND PEOPLE BEING MISLED. FIND ME THAT POWDER STUDY PLEASE.

so we did not chase mammoths off the side on cliffs to kill them (avg 10000)pounds and we were not around for saber tooth cats (avg 700) loins to day can still get as big as 600 pounds.Cool guess i ;) was wrong

NOTHING BEATS WHOLE FOODS..........NOT POWDERS, PILLS, NOTHING. YOU EAT THE WAY YOU WANT TO AND WHEN YOU WIN A PRO SHOW, COME POST HERE AND TELL US WHAT YOU ATE. IF TONY FREEMAN AND EVAN CENTOPANI AND DAVE PALUMBO DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, RIGHT? YOU BROUGHT PRO BODY BUILDERS INTO THIS, I DID NOT.
No pro show in my cards Phil,Im just a 255 lb dude trying to be the best i can and sort through the bs on my way.... But i will search for the study on powder..
I only brought them into it to say that there are examples out there that would disagree with you on YOUR level, not mine..Im no pro, nor will i ever be one..I am professional in occupation only, not sports..
I also dont lie or bullshit,,,SISTER PLEASE...lol..:rolleyes:

well

No pro show in my cards Phil,Im just a 255 lb dude trying to be the best i can and sort through the bs on my way.... But i will search for the study on powder..
I only brought them into it to say that there are examples out there that would disagree with you on YOUR level, not mine..Im no pro, nor will i ever be one..I am professional in occupation only, not sports..
I also dont lie or bullshit,,,SISTER PLEASE...lol..:rolleyes:

I NEVER SAID YOU LIED. I THINK YOU READ STUFF AND REGURGITATE IT ON HERE WITHOUT CHECKING THE FACTS. IF YOU WANT TO SORT THROUGH THE BS REALLY THEN CHECK YOUR SOURCES.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131