over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Caveman diet, what do you think?

I am not going to ever sell you the aminos. i do not like bullshit sales gimmick either......thats why I need you to post your picture because you advertise yourself as someone who lifts weights.
ooops...:cool:

Ha

U guys are funny :D

I think you both make some good points, no need to argue.....

I think the original post was referring mainly to staying lean and being generally "healthy"...avoiding diabetes and such. Phil-- you seem to put a huge emphasis on health, and I agree with much of what you say. However, there is a common misnomer regarding pro athletes and pro bodybuilders. Just being a pro bb or a pro athlete does not give someone more credibility as far as best techniques and being able to teach others--- it means first and foremost that person had the genetics to succeed---it starts there, with genetics. So lets throw that out the window and get back to the topic at hand--- being healthy.

Someone 6 feet tall 250 lbs and 6-10 % bodyfat, eating 5000- 9000 calories a day is not as healthy as they could be. I think we all know that, in most cases, eating such a large amount of food is not the best thing for the body.

Let compare someone who's diet consists of veggies, fruit, fruit juice, tofu, and soy milk--- how healthy will this person be?

Finally, and here is the average American-- Cereal, pasta, frozen diners, sugary juices and soda...maybe some meat, cheese, yogurt or such. The average American would do much better to do a Caveman type diet than the fast track to diabetes-ville current diet (unprocessed berries, fruits, and animal meat, and whatever vegetation was around)

Did Cavemen live for an average of 20-30 years? sure we have technology to study such things, but how do we know some didn't live much longer lives? We can argue that, and will never have an answer----so for argument sake, lets say they did average 20-30 years-- it probably had a lot to do with adverse terrain and/or predators, weather conditions, diseases/parasites, etc....it takes many years for humans to build better immune systems and to evolve.

I look at a guy like KM, and I'm impressed that someone at his young age is concerned with supplements and nutrients to improve his health and/or combat some of the negatives that come from eating a very large amount of calories. I'm much smaller now than when I was in my 20's, but I feel so much better. Being 260 lbs at 10-12% may have looked cool, but I feel great around 200 lbs or so.

I think we can all agree on a few things--- 1) stay away from simple sugars and processed garbage--other than sugar after a workout, and even then there is no need to high fructose corn syrup or crap food--there are better alternatives. 2)Fiber is important. 3) Vitamins and nutrients are important and controlling insulin is important not just for bb'ing purposes, but overall health.

If you are carb sensitive, you can still have meals with 25-30 grams of oats or long grain brown rice...maybe save the fruit for post-workout and/or add some strawberries to your oatmeal and protein powder. Nuts and seeds, hemp oil, flax are awesome. On the flip side, it's tough to beat a meal of chicken breast, yams, and green beans or broccoli (tons of vitamins and minerals, fiber, protein)--- so why not eat both types of meals throughout the day? Many people can be very successful in bb'ing and health-wise by consuming most of thier carbs in the first 3-4 meals, with the fats coming in the last 2-3 meals of the day.

Dr.S...

like i said big cats and mammoths,just kidding Phil

Yes

U guys are funny :D

I think you both make some good points, no need to argue.....

I think the original post was referring mainly to staying lean and being generally "healthy"...avoiding diabetes and such. Phil-- you seem to put a huge emphasis on health, and I agree with much of what you say. However, there is a common misnomer regarding pro athletes and pro bodybuilders. Just being a pro bb or a pro athlete does not give someone more credibility as far as best techniques and being able to teach others--- it means first and foremost that person had the genetics to succeed---it starts there, with genetics. So lets throw that out the window and get back to the topic at hand--- being healthy.

Someone 6 feet tall 250 lbs and 6-10 % bodyfat, eating 5000- 9000 calories a day is not as healthy as they could be. I think we all know that, in most cases, eating such a large amount of food is not the best thing for the body.

Let compare someone who's diet consists of veggies, fruit, fruit juice, tofu, and soy milk--- how healthy will this person be?

Finally, and here is the average American-- Cereal, pasta, frozen diners, sugary juices and soda...maybe some meat, cheese, yogurt or such. The average American would do much better to do a Caveman type diet than the fast track to diabetes-ville current diet (unprocessed berries, fruits, and animal meat, and whatever vegetation was around)

Did Cavemen live for an average of 20-30 years? sure we have technology to study such things, but how do we know some didn't live much longer lives? We can argue that, and will never have an answer----so for argument sake, lets say they did average 20-30 years-- it probably had a lot to do with adverse terrain and/or predators, weather conditions, diseases/parasites, etc....it takes many years for humans to build better immune systems and to evolve.

I look at a guy like KM, and I'm impressed that someone at his young age is concerned with supplements and nutrients to improve his health and/or combat some of the negatives that come from eating a very large amount of calories. I'm much smaller now than when I was in my 20's, but I feel so much better. Being 260 lbs at 10-12% may have looked cool, but I feel great around 200 lbs or so.

I think we can all agree on a few things--- 1) stay away from simple sugars and processed garbage--other than sugar after a workout, and even then there is no need to high fructose corn syrup or crap food--there are better alternatives. 2)Fiber is important. 3) Vitamins and nutrients are important and controlling insulin is important not just for bb'ing purposes, but overall health.

If you are carb sensitive, you can still have meals with 25-30 grams of oats or long grain brown rice...maybe save the fruit for post-workout and/or add some strawberries to your oatmeal and protein powder. Nuts and seeds, hemp oil, flax are awesome. On the flip side, it's tough to beat a meal of chicken breast, yams, and green beans or broccoli (tons of vitamins and minerals, fiber, protein)--- so why not eat both types of meals throughout the day? Many people can be very successful in bb'ing and health-wise by consuming most of thier carbs in the first 3-4 meals, with the fats coming in the last 2-3 meals of the day.

Dr.S...

Very nice, I agree.

Funny

No just a lot of diabetes from modern western diets now because their pancreas cant keep up to the insulin levels needed to utilize todays foods..??
But anyway, they survived, How Phillip??
Save your witty knee slappers, Dont slink around....Out with it Phillip..
i only have a short time left to play then i have to head off on my harley if it can hold my fat ass and my lady to see Seattle Wa, as i have emerged from my igloo to see the new world...

I am sitting next to a gastroenterologist, Dr. John Avenzado, and he is laughing at this statement.Pancreas cant keep up with something it is supposed to do? So their pancreas is essentially non functioning? They have evolved to the point if they eat carbs they will die? Please, get on your Harley and go see your GF.

Iron Will

I think you are missing Phil's point or maybe you haven't been on here long enough to know where Phil is coming from. From what I know of Phil, he is more concerned with people's overall health. I don't believe Phil competes anymore because he wants to live a long healthy life and doesn't want to do things that it would take to compete on the national level. He has a ton of knowledge and if you want to go in a certain direction he can give you info on it but would prefer people put their health now and their future health before some short term goals. Especially those that do this as a recreation and have no desire to get on a stage.

Thanks Rotty

I think you are missing Phil's point or maybe you haven't been on here long enough to know where Phil is coming from. From what I know of Phil, he is more concerned with people's overall health. I don't believe Phil competes anymore because he wants to live a long healthy life and doesn't want to do things that it would take to compete on the national level. He has a ton of knowledge and if you want to go in a certain direction he can give you info on it but would prefer people put their health now and their future health before some short term goals. Especially those that do this as a recreation and have no desire to get on a stage.

My point is, where the oldest people in the world live and what do they eat? The Japanese and they eat fish and rice and vegetables. Not a lot of food either. Do with that info what you wish, it is what it is.

Mediteranean diet is good as well, olive oil, salad, fish, pasta ect.

Well I can attest that Phil definately has me thinking different about my diet, and I have prolifically read most things I can get my hand on about nutrition.

Hell...I'm paying for his advice and he doesn't sugarcoat anything. Even if it means losing a client. I can respect someone who places what he values above making a quick buck.

And trust me...the LBA's are much better. I have done aminos and liver tablets in the past by the clock....and they don't even compare. In fact, they are the only source of protein I get besides whole food.

Yes they are costly....but do you think he would have any repeat business if they didn't work?

I think moderation is the key to a lot of things in life.

I am sitting next to a gastroenterologist, Dr. John Avenzado, and he is laughing at this statement.Pancreas cant keep up with something it is supposed to do? So their pancreas is essentially non functioning? They have evolved to the point if they eat carbs they will die? Please, get on your Harley and go see your GF.
Sure you are...lol...I want a pic of him or i call bullshit, and its rude to visit and type Phil...Come on...
Ask him if it is or is not a fact that the pancreas has been shown to be larger than it was a number of generations ago.From trying to keep up, I did not say Not keeping up....
Then ask why, then, ahh forget about it...
Are you sure you dont want just one pic Phil, Im deeply saddened now....
You are fun Phil...

Im taking my gf with me Phil, sheesh, i Live with my lady, im actually able to maintain a healthy, stable relationship with someone under my same roof with all my anal controlling habits....I cant provide you proof of that, you need to just BELIEVE...

WHAT ARE YOUR ESSENTIAL ENZYMES AND ESSENTIAL ANTI OXIDANTS? WHERE ARE THESE FOUND, IN MEATS? IN OILS?

Phil,
I value your opinion but on this issue there is no argument. This is basic human biochemistry. There are no essential carbs because the human organism can synthesize everything it needs from amino acids and lipids, this is basic human biology. I'm not saying that eating zero carbs in this day and age is required, I personally believe in leafy green veggies and fruits included in the diet.

Last edited:
YES

Phil,
I value your opinion but on this issue there is no argument. This is basic human biochemistry. There are no essential carbs because the human organism can synthesize everything it needs from amino acids and lipids, this is basic human biology. I'm not saying that eating zero carbs in this day and age is required, I personally believe in leafy green veggies and fruits included in the diet.

ON PAPER I AGREE, BUT THIS IS THE REAL WORLD. WE SHOULD STICK TO PRACTICAL METHODOLOGY, NOT PAPERWORKS.

I can tell you that I was dieting the same way that was mentioned on this thread. I do not want to get into specifics because I do not feel like getting into a pissing match. I will save that for when I leave a dirty cup in the sink...LOL!!! I will say that I follow the recommended diet Phil Hernon had preped for me a whil ago when I had REAL HIGH CHOLESTEROL. :eek: I am here a year later and my cholesterol is within normal limits with NO prescribed drugs. :D

Phil is all about health first and helping a person to produce maximum genetic results without depending on "super supplements" to take you there.

My point is, where the oldest people in the world live and what do they eat? The Japanese and they eat fish and rice and vegetables. Not a lot of food either. Do with that info what you wish, it is what it is.
Yes and smaller white americans live much longer than larger White Americans as well...
How do you know it isnt because of the air quality, or better drinking water, or maybe they have less stress as has been noted they have stress techniques that work well...
Ah well, its been fun...
Peace...
BTW, you had a great physique Phil, But so do many.....
And ill send pics to your pm box if you like

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
danicatrainestapp