over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

chad waterburry

I love his stuff, TBT is a good program. He has alot out there and just came out with a book. The only thing I dont agree with is he used to preach about how you dont need to do direct arm work for growth. As of late though he has changed his tune. His 10x3 stuff is pretty cool 2.

I have mixed opions

I think he is right on with alot of things but do not really like his application of it. How he puts it together.

If you have good recovery ability and have always trained in a similar manner since you were young I would say do his program.

I know for me, I do not like to train a muscle that often all the time and I do not enjoy full body routines. I refuse to even attempt to do a full body workout b/c I would not have the energy to do it and I would hate doing it so bad I probably would quite lifting if I had to do lift like that.

I think for a young kid just starting lifting, these Waterbury methods are probably the best thing the could do, without a doubt.

looking at some of the things he talks about and applying to your own program is a great idea.

Scott Abel in my opinion is one of the smartest people in the bodybuilding field and his general concept has similarites to Chad Waterbury but its alot more geared to bodybuilding and he elaborates on WAY more aspects that most people do not think of.

the 10 x 3 workout works good. I can get really strong using it for squats. One thing that I find is crucial though is starting with lower weights and building up through the workouts (wave loading). For example, the first workout I would do 15 x 3 easily, but still a challenging workout, and then add 10 lbs each workout. By the time I hit 8x3 and not using the best of form it would be time to use a different workout. That method usually allows people to gain a good bit of strength, especially with squats.

Last edited:
Conan21 said:
Scott Abel in my opinion is one of the smartest people in the bodybuilding field
my prob with abel is he keeps changing his philosophy, since all his concepts are based on science then why the never ending change. a few years ago he advocated double split cardio routines of 35min each, now he says NO cardio but circuit training(his method of course). He seems to always talk in such generalities and shoot down all other training methods but his own. Abel seems to be more interested in impressing you with his knowledge and use of big words in an attempt to get you to hire him as your personal trainer,which since he's the best and smartest in the world he's also one of the most expensive. I like him and have learned a lot from him from just reading stuff on his website, i just don't like being jerked around with constantly changing theories.

hmmm

doug1 said:
my prob with abel is he keeps changing his philosophy, since all his concepts are based on science then why the never ending change. a few years ago he advocated double split cardio routines of 35min each, now he says NO cardio but circuit training(his method of course). He seems to always talk in such generalities and shoot down all other training methods but his own. Abel seems to be more interested in impressing you with his knowledge and use of big words in an attempt to get you to hire him as your personal trainer,which since he's the best and smartest in the world he's also one of the most expensive. I like him and have learned a lot from him from just reading stuff on his website, i just don't like being jerked around with constantly changing theories.

I have not yet seen him contradict himself. Maybe you have been reading his stuff longer than me.

Just as DC advocates different things for different people I think thats what Scot does and what you are getting confused about. He is for doing most of dieting just through food but is not against cardio if needed.

I never would listen to a trainer just b/c he said this was the way, follow my methods. I have done quite a bit of reading on science of weightlifting. Authors such as Mell Siff and Vlad Zats who are definately the smartest in the world with weight training and Scotts stuff jives pretty well with this.

He doesn't bash other methods, Just states what he thinks about them.

I think alot of his stuff is extremely misunderstood.

Last edited:
I actually think Doug1 is right on the money with his comment. I thought about the other day him changing his philosphy in a 180 -Now i'm not against it if there is a better way. But its the way he goes about talking about it.

well im with conan on this one, scott abel is indeed an expert in the sport of bodybuilding...
yes he used to advocate double split cardio but now he is gearing his training more toward being functional and explosive..whats wrong with evolving?
its not necessarily contradictory..he cites that many competitors do damage to their metabolisms with yo-yo dieting, too much traditional cardio etc...

on a side note i just ordered scott abels ab/core DVD, and i have to say that this guy walks the walk...intensity, and thats just on abs!

Adrenaline Rush said:
well im with conan on this one, scott abel is indeed an expert in the sport of bodybuilding...
yes he used to advocate double split cardio but now he is gearing his training more toward being functional and explosive..whats wrong with evolving?
its not necessarily contradictory..he cites that many competitors do damage to their metabolisms with yo-yo dieting, too much traditional cardio etc...

on a side note i just ordered scott abels ab/core DVD, and i have to say that this guy walks the walk...intensity, and thats just on abs!

I don't think anyone is saying evolving your methods is bad - BUT do not sit there for years and say there is no other way to do things (other than your own because yous is based on science) then do a complete 180 and say that this is the only way to do it (didn't you just say that).

It best to let you methods speak for themselves instead of being a jerk and saying no one else is right. I know Dante and Skip have had their fair share of comments made in their direction.

thats true Dirk...I have a ton of respect for Dante and Skip, they are definitely experts too...
i can go only by what i see (and you can only go by what you see) and i havent physically seen the 180 in philosophy cause I havent read much of his (abel) stuff earlier on

i won't even mention abel's claims over the years of being natural either, forgot about that earlier....hehe

Look up Perfect 10 by Waterbury. It is a great H.I. addition to any program for lagging parts. Very helpful IMO

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws