advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cheat day meals - 4 weeks out check it out!

hard2core2

FOUNDING Member
Registered
This is a copy of one of Scott Abel's clients Aaron Gillbertson's cheat day meals a couple of weeks prior to a show. Aaron is Canadian...and competes up there..I presume that his level is probably comparable to a state level/national qualifer level NPC ..perhaps regional qualifer...he has not been really training too long 4 years...decent genetics.

I am not well versed in Abel's principles however I have been examining his methods in recent weeks. Some of his competitors come into shows in excellent shape...in any case check out Aaron's cheat day meals...its off the hook...I think if anyone eat like this even for a day you are doing more damage than good to your overall health....besides the fact that he is 4 weeks out from a contest..wow!

hard2core2

**broken link removed**

Well I just had my last cheat day of my contest diet, now only 4 more tough weeks till my show!!!! This was a cheat day to be proud of and what dreams are made of!!!!!!
Just to show you how big I eat, here is everything I ate yesterday:

Meal 1: TONS OF CHOCOLATE, chocolate bars, protein bars, macaroons, reeses pieces, ice cream cake, gatoraid and other chocolate candies!!

Meal 2: 2 Large homemade egg/cheese/tomato/toast sandwiches (8 eggs to make these), toast, tons of sausages, lots of bacon, a few stacks of pancakes, OJ, and some chocolate cake

Meal 3: Burger King - new steak burger, 2 orders of chicken fries, 2 orders of cheese sticks, king size fry, ice tea ....Tim Horton’s - 4 donuts, new cinnamon roll thing

Meal 4: Outback steakhouse - Caesar salad, massive chicken and rib platter, fries, mashed potatoes, chocolate bars

Meal 5: Ice Cream from Baskin Robins, more chocolate bars, slushy, peanuts

Meal 6: Garlic Bread with Cheese, large pizza, pop, cake

Meal 7: big bowl of cereal, ice cream cake, bag of chips

Meal 8: More chocolate cake, chocolate candies, gatoraid

THEN I WAS IN PAIN FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS ON THE COUCH!!!!

i do pretty much the same when dieting, mainevent also used cheat meals and got sick shredded, as did eatbigtogetbig and his wife. this is nothing new and scott abel didnt invent it. though i usually only use 1 meal or 2 not all day, the rebound from all the sodium i think would be way to much and very unhealthy.

Under mmy last competition diet I had no cheat meals 10 weeks, only two
clean carb ups in week 8 and 9. But I had half a cheat day after the first competition, and was gonna do a show the next weekend. After that cheat day after the first comp. I added like 10 pounds, and took two days on almost zero carbs to get rid of it.

How could you do that with several cheat days under a diet ??! Wouldn't you after each cheat day add a lot of water weight, and all the sodium would make it hard to get out. Also hard to judge condition throught the diet?!

thats why i only used 1 or 2 meals usually every other week during the course of the precontest diet. the extra sodium, fat and carbs really does wonders when you are somewhat flat from dieting. it also keeps the metabolism from slowing, personally i would always loose and additional pound or 2 but look 100% better the next day, and mentally it is very helpful, its very nice and relaxing to sit down with your family and have a nice normal meal. i always avoided fast food crap and opted for a nice meal at the outback steakhouse with my wife.....wings, big steak and fries, salad, cheese cake and whatever part of my wifes meal she doesnt finish, lol. it gave me something to look forward to and diet extra strict for knowing i had a meal like this coming to me.

edge250 said:
thats why i only used 1 or 2 meals usually every other week during the course of the precontest diet. the extra sodium, fat and carbs really does wonders when you are somewhat flat from dieting. it also keeps the metabolism from slowing, personally i would always loose and additional pound or 2 but look 100% better the next day, and mentally it is very helpful, its very nice and relaxing to sit down with your family and have a nice normal meal. i always avoided fast food crap and opted for a nice meal at the outback steakhouse with my wife.....wings, big steak and fries, salad, cheese cake and whatever part of my wifes meal she doesnt finish, lol. it gave me something to look forward to and diet extra strict for knowing i had a meal like this coming to me.

I was hesitant at first to try this also, but I put my faith in EDGE and he didn't steer me wrong. I also would wake up a couple pounds less than usual, but full and vascular...plus it did help mentally and my wife didn't hate me as much...lol.

1 meal every other friday evening from 8 weeks out to the night before the contest.

Diskey: I would say that happened to you more from cutting the water and then eating and drinking than the meal.

mainevent said:
Diskey: I would say that happened to you more from cutting the water and then eating and drinking than the meal.

Yes, I'll second that point for sure. Diskey, your body's hormones were out of wack after the show (more specifically it's anti-diuretic hormone) causing your body to hold onto all the water/sodium you took in from that bad meal. If you would have still had yoru water intake high, I think your experience would have been A LOT different.

Wow, I've never done a full day of cheating like that....I don't even know if I COULD!

I would usually do pizza and icecream, but A LOT of it...for my last meal of the day...that was enough to fill me back up and speed up the metabolism.

Gosh how did he stomach all that in one day?!?!:eek:

HELLA SWOLE said:
Yes, I'll second that point for sure. Diskey, your body's hormones were out of wack after the show (more specifically it's anti-diuretic hormone) causing your body to hold onto all the water/sodium you took in from that bad meal. If you would have still had yoru water intake high, I think your experience would have been A LOT different.

hmm, yes the water cut and salt loading pre stage probably did their thing. But actually I'm having same type of problem now off season, while trying to stay somewhat lean. Maybe some of you guys can help me out with this one cause it's so annoying:

I eat diet Sunday to Friday, if I feel hungry I eat more carbs that day. somewhat low sodium, but not counting or anything. Friday evening to Saturday afternoon I eat whatever I want. Most of the times I get hunger for salty food and sugar. But damn I'm capable of eating so much and most of the times I can't stop eat to I almost can't walk. This Friday after 9pm I had a large hamburger, pommes frites and salty candy before bed. And I'm not kidding I woke up three times that night and felt inccredably thirsty. Saturday morning I was up 8 pounds. Tried to hold back and started eating diet again at 4pm Saturday.

Today Sunday, I'm having headacke and higher bloodpressure from all the water weight, keeping salt to minimum to get water out again, it's usualy drops on Mondays. But I'm still left with some of the weight every week. It's gone only 4 weeks since contest and I'm up 28 pounds! Adding more weight would only harm my psyche I think, and I've talked to others who say the same.

I really don't know what to do....I don't want it to be like this off season, and get that unstoppable hunger in the weekends, but I'm gaining weight every week even on a strick diet Sunday to Friday. I eat about 50-100g carb more than pre contest diet. With all this I often get the thought, what the **** am I doing?! I feel so unnormal. Would it be better to have some cheat meals now and then the whole week? Should I drop the diet and just try eating clean food? I mean my body responds negativly to anything now outside of the diet, stomach gets ill right away, and I add weight right away. Or for any other tips I would be very thankful!

Sorry if this is off-topic, I can move the post if anyone want it.

Been doing this for over 20 years. Usually one day a week have my clients cheat all day long. They eat whatever the heck they want, but I prefer them to eat a lot of fat and protein along with the carbs although this is a must for every meal. I like the look on peoples faces when I tell them to do this the first time. :D

i agree cheat meaks are a must,i never did a whole day but il try it lol

when do you do this?

Magnum said:
Been doing this for over 20 years. Usually one day a week have my clients cheat all day long. They eat whatever the heck they want, but I prefer them to eat a lot of fat and protein along with the carbs although this is a must for every meal. I like the look on peoples faces when I tell them to do this the first time. :D

Do you normally have them do this while prepping for a contest or in the offseason? Or even both?

Just a question to guys who use a cheat day like this. Is the rest of your week extremely low carbs? Is it a case of using the massive increase in calories just for the benefit of playing with the metabolism?

I'm curious because I would rather schedule cheat meals/days instead of indulging everytime I feel the need. It would be beneficial.

lionel said:
Do you normally have them do this while prepping for a contest or in the offseason? Or even both?

Contest, but there is nothing wrong with taking a day off once a week in the offseason and going someplace nice to eat and relaxing your diet.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear