over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coahcing tips

HUTCH

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Well I am the new Long and triple jump coach at a school here in AZ...Im really excited because I have been wanting to do this for a long time...Got a kid that Tripled 48 feet last year as a freshman...The national high school record is 53'10 I believe, so he may have a legit shot by the time he is a senior...

Long and triple were my main events in high school and college so I know what I am doing as far as that goes but I have never worked with a group of high school kids...Any one have suggestions on how to get the most out of them and keep them in line...any of you guys coaches or have coached before???...

I helped coach our high school team for a couple years under my old coach. Honestly it was one of the best things I have enjoyed. Mainly, just try and be a good example for the kids. You have to have a good sense of humor and understanding, but keep them in the butt when they need it also. You'll be able to tell right away who will be willing to work for you and who wont.

Good luck COACH PEGGLEG!:D

congratulations hutch. that is pretty cool. something to keep in mind. som,e of the greatest teachers and role models were my coaches. coaches impact on some children is far greater than some parents. try to help them to believe in themselves, especially the ones who may not be the most talented.

congratulations hutch. that is pretty cool. something to keep in mind. som,e of the greatest teachers and role models were my coaches. coaches impact on some children is far greater than some parents. try to help them to believe in themselves, especially the ones who may not be the most talented.

Very true...Besides my Dad my high school track coach is the most influential person in my life...My college coach however was a cool guy who was more our friend than anything, but the respect wasnt there and I was never convinced he knew what he was doing...

I helped coach our high school team for a couple years under my old coach. Honestly it was one of the best things I have enjoyed. Mainly, just try and be a good example for the kids. You have to have a good sense of humor and understanding, but keep them in the butt when they need it also. You'll be able to tell right away who will be willing to work for you and who wont.

Good luck COACH PEGGLEG!:D

Hopefully the kids dont pick up on that nickname...LOL...I can't wait til Monday, gonna get my clip board all ready and some of those coaching shorts with the back pockets...

yeah those coaches shorts are standard issue i believe!

Hopefully the kids dont pick up on that nickname...LOL...I can't wait til Monday, gonna get my clip board all ready and some of those coaching shorts with the back pockets...

Dont forget the tube socks!

I have a feeling they will have a lot of respect for you quickly and you'll be able to get the best out of them.

Make yourself accesible to the kid's away from school and have fun.

I coached baseball, high school kid's private league (BBA) for several years. very rewarding.

Hutch......Congartulation bro. That is great. Yes I have coached HS kids. One thng to always remember....talk to them like adults not kids. Treat them they way you would have wanted to be treated back when you were in HS. Be a good listener anda good speaker. Use authority and above all be fair!! All of those qualities which you already posess. Apply your discipline from BBing to them and try to get them to understand this. Bro you will be great, with your sick sense of humor these kids are gonna love you. Don't spare the cane when needed!!!

Good luck!!

Quote from my football coach "If its and buts were candy and nuts, it would be christmas all year long"

How you coach will be dependent on your audience and your personality. So coaching swimming might be different than coaching football where football can require a lot more aggression and discipline.

Regardless, I think that at the HS level, a good coach should:

1) Know his stuff and make sure his kids know that he knows his stuff

2) Establish authority and command respect at all times

3) Be accessible to all of his athletes

Beyond that, its up to you if you want to be a hardass and not buckle to individual concerns or be a more understanding but still firm coach that allows for some individuality and modification. Neither is better, just different, and completely up to you.

asdqweqas

<a href=http://armaci3.webnode.es/>comprar priligy contrareembolso</a> comprar priligy madrid
<a href=http://precioes.webnode.es/>priligy generico andorra</a> priligy generico
<a href=http://pryligy.webnode.it/>priligy acquistare</a> priligy
<a href=http://acheterfrance8.webnode.fr/>commander priligy</a> priligy 10mg orodispersible

Man, that can be a big deal. My Track coach was the most universally life-changing person I've ever known. Literally saved my life. Nearly all I am and do stems from his influence and the opportunities I've had because HE was my coach, I never would have had otherwise.

As far as what to do, don't be afraid to expect a standard from them. If someone doesn't want to work, they can go. Let everyone see that you respect work as much as talent, or more. Treat them all the same and make 'em work, they'll love it. Discipline with a purpose works.

Otherwise, show technical expertise.

Show them you see their work and improvement, keep expecting the best.

This post was from 5 years ago.

Man, that can be a big deal. My Track coach was the most universally life-changing person I've ever known. Literally saved my life. Nearly all I am and do stems from his influence and the opportunities I've had because HE was my coach, I never would have had otherwise.

As far as what to do, don't be afraid to expect a standard from them. If someone doesn't want to work, they can go. Let everyone see that you respect work as much as talent, or more. Treat them all the same and make 'em work, they'll love it. Discipline with a purpose works.

Otherwise, show technical expertise.

Show them you see their work and improvement, keep expecting the best.

I like this response, and coaching high school boys and girls for many years now, I find what Ehren said to be very true. I think it is important to have your sights set high at any sport you coach, but I believe the most effective coaches are those who teach and mentor, not ones that just yell all the time.

Confidence is such a powerful tool, and especially for high school age kids who are still finding out what they really want in life, it is imperative that one is able to teach, and still command respect. For me that is all in how you handle the situations that come up, but do it in a way where the athlete wants to follow that instruction, not one that feels he was just chewed out in front of all his friend and fellow players.

Just be yourself, and the rest will follow if you work hard and continue to learn so you can push them to improve and learn.

badham

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner