over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Comments on this Training Philosophy?

MrDeflation

Registered
"It's a travesty we don't have more science focusing on muscle growth in humans. I can't blame the National Institute of Health (NIH), though. After all, given the plethora of life-threatening diseases that can surface or invade our bodies, it's probably better that funds be directed toward more humane endeavors. But damn, I sure wish we had more than rats, cats, and cows to demonstrate what's possible in terms of human muscle growth.

But all's not lost. The fact that the vast majority of hypertrophy-focused studies employed four-legged creatures only makes us coaches think a wee bit harder with regard to faster ways to build muscle.

Indeed, people like me are blessed with many clients from all walks of life that have become my "lab rats." And let me tell ya, I think I'm stumbling onto something big — something that no NIH study has effectively tackled, or will tackle, in the near future.

What is this "something big," you ask? It's High Frequency Training (HFT). What I mean by HFT is a system where muscle groups are trained more than four times per week. If fatigue and volume are managed — and that's specific to each person — no method will build muscle faster.

It's been said that science is the act of observing the world around us. And if we follow this example we'll see that the world around us is slapping us in the face with many powerful muscle-building demonstrations. For those who train a muscle group with enough intensity and frequency, hypertrophy always occurs faster than traditional bodybuilding methods.

I've had clients fail to make substantial gains with 10x3, 5x5, triple drop sets, and virtually every other method you can name. But in my world, one thing's for certain: I've never failed to build a person's muscles faster than ever if he follows my HFT methods to the letter.

A simpleton is constrained to the general postulates that were devised by non-training scientists. Specifically, these scientists have attempted to qualify muscle breakdown, fatigue, and recovery by postulating that after a muscle group is trained, performance drops (fatigue sets in), and muscle growth only occurs after a period of recovery and subsequent supercompensation. But what happens if you re-train a muscle group before it's recovered?

What if you performed 1000 calf raises every day for the next month? At the end of the month, do you think your calves would be bigger or smaller? Listen, no scientist on earth would argue that the human body is an organism that adapts to the demand that's placed on it. This is known as Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand — the SAID principle.

When you starve yourself, your metabolism slows. When you overfeed yourself, your metabolism increases. When you're dehydrated, you hold more water. When you're over-hydrated, your body releases water. When you practice Chopin on the piano, your nervous system builds neural connections that enhance finger control. If you don't practice piano, your nervous system doesn't build those neural connections because there's no reason to.

So when you train muscles frequently, your body must adapt to the imposed demand. What we currently know is that a muscle group becomes more neurologically efficient and grows bigger with training. These processes occur because the nervous system enhances those motor pathways, and new proteins are inserted into the muscles.

What I can't do is reference a human-based, hypertrophy-focused study that incorporates the type of training that I'm talking about. But what I can do is tell you to look at the delts of boxers, the thighs of speed skaters, and the lats of swimmers.

Sure, I can't prove that training with a high frequency results in the faster muscle growth because the NIH doesn't prioritize such information. But I can tell you to observe the world around you. After all, that's what science is all about.

— Chad Waterbury"

I think it could work, but you would end up doing a very low volume of work for each muscle group each day. I would think you would almost have to incorporate a scheme where you train your entire body each day. Does this type of training vary the intensity each day, or is it all out each workout? Ive followed some routines where I squated 3x per week and my squat did go up very fast, but in the end I was left with quadracep and petellar tendonitis so bad that I had to stop. I worry about injuries with this type of workout.

thought I might add that I contributed to a study on muscle growth in older men while I was a grad student. I think the age ranged from 65-mid 70s or more. The men were untrained previously. Its been a long while, but I think the only muscles that were trained were the legs. The main exercise was the leg press. Believe they trained the legs 3x per week. So here frequent training was utilyzed.
the study showed that the men all significantly increased their leg strength. The main focus of the study was on how the muscle fiber types adapt to training and can shift on the muscle type spectrum. Fibers once classified as "slow twitch" can become more "fast twitch". Once detraining happens, the fibers shift back to what they once were. Muscle fibers really cant be classified in catagories, but exist on a continuum or spectrum much like light is classified.

IT HAS BEEN STUDIED BY MY FRIEND

MY GOOD FRIEND, TRAINING PARTNER, PHD FROM OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY, DAVID VILLEGAS HAS DONE NUMEROUS STUDIES WITH MUSCLE BIOPSYIES AND HE AND I HAVE EXPERIMENTED EXTENSIVELY WITH WORKOUT ROUTINES WHILE I WAS TRAINING, AFTER THE USA, BACK IN 1996 IN PORTLAND, OREGON. I INCORPORATE ALL OF HIS FINDINGS INTO MY ROUTINE TODAY. HE WAS AN ORIGINATOR OF EATING FOR YOUR BLOOD TYPE BACK AT THE UNIV. OF NEW MEXICO IN THE EARLY 90s.

MY GOOD FRIEND, TRAINING PARTNER, PHD FROM OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY, DAVID VILLEGAS HAS DONE NUMEROUS STUDIES WITH MUSCLE BIOPSYIES AND HE AND I HAVE EXPERIMENTED EXTENSIVELY WITH WORKOUT ROUTINES WHILE I WAS TRAINING, AFTER THE USA, BACK IN 1996 IN PORTLAND, OREGON. I INCORPORATE ALL OF HIS FINDINGS INTO MY ROUTINE TODAY. HE WAS AN ORIGINATOR OF EATING FOR YOUR BLOOD TYPE BACK AT THE UNIV. OF NEW MEXICO IN THE EARLY 90s.

Id like to hear more about this in another post. Sounds interesting. Maybe might show up on google?
First time I saw my friend do a muscle biopsy I couldnt believe that the test subjects were willing to do it! I had great respect for these men. Its like taking a core sample out of a tree trunk! Diamter was pretty small though. My job was to sit in the lab and count/classify each of the muscle fiber types by looking at how they stained. Pretty boring!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity