over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you sell before it all started to crash!? Good job. Its going up already, might be the time to buy again?

I moved out of 90% of my equities by Feb 25.
I have lost about 4-5% this year, but I'm up 15% from a year ago.

I remember the sub-prime crash and I saw first Bear Stearns go (which was in my building in Tokyo), then the rumbling got louder and people were looking at Lehman across the street.
I sold everything but treasuries and bonds when people were still hoping for it to go up.

People have a natural aversion to letting go when they think upside remains. I resist that impulse.

I personally won't be buying for a while. I'd rather miss buying on the deepest dips and look for some stability.
I also work in a Finance company and I have limits on how often I can trade and how quickly I can get in and out of equities.
No one is ready to say they see the bottom yet.

If the deaths surpass china like some say we will, I wonder how the president will handle his claim of trying to open by Easter? I wonder if he never thought it would get this bad here.
Good question. So far he has been following the advice of the Doctors on his team. I hope that he continues to listen to them. I think he will.

I guess so, its already going up each day. I wonder though if it will crash hard in the next two weeks when people in the US start to die in bigger numbers. Its going to happen because most of our cases are still open and we have a lot of people in ICU.

buy and hold. Long term! If it crashes more buy more

buy and hold. Long term! If it crashes more buy more
Being young is a good thing! Old retired people are getting hit with a double whammy. They are the ones mainly at risk of dying from this and their investments are being demolished. I talked to both of my parents and luckily both have a lot of cash just sitting in a savings account, liquid stuff not invested at all. So they could live years on what they have in the bank without touching stocks or any of their investments. Im glad I have smart parents!

Being young is a good thing! Old retired people are getting hit with a double whammy. They are the ones mainly at risk of dying from this and their investments are being demolished. I talked to both of my parents and luckily both have a lot of cash just sitting in a savings account, liquid stuff not invested at all. So they could live years on what they have in the bank without touching stocks or any of their investments. Im glad I have smart parents!

Very happy to hear that, smart! Most people are not

Don't forget china had 42 or 43,000 additional cases that tested positive but showed no symptoms so they didn't report them in their statistics, so technically, we still have less cases, well, probably not because of lack of testing but it also drops the death rate, also shows that 1/3 of those infected showed zero symptoms or not severe enough to acknowledge.

Good question. So far he has been following the advice of the Doctors on his team. I hope that he continues to listen to them. I think he will.
Me too. Very very curious how it will play out...still no lock down in my state tho hundreds are begging for it.

Me too. Very very curious how it will play out...still no lock down in my state tho hundreds are begging for it.
Only person I know begging for a lock down is my co worker and thats only because he's lazy and wants to spend the next 4 weeks getting stoned all day. He's upset to know that residential construction is classified as essential, lol. I look forward to continuing to receive paychecks.

Obviously politics can't be mentioned but I will just state I actually feel sorry for certain leaders. It's a lose/lose sitiuation. They ease restrictions and people die (which they are guaranteed to do no matter when restrictions are eased) and they get blamed for their deaths. They keep everything shut to save lives and the opposition will blame them for the damage to the economy.

It's interesting how different people respond to this virus. I read a story about a young guy (healthy with no prior health issues) in the UK who is infected and he appears to be in a really bad state. Whereas others have it and just have a bad "cold". There are now 500-800 new deaths daily in both Spain and Italy.

It's interesting how different people respond to this virus. I read a story about a young guy (healthy with no prior health issues) in the UK who is infected and he appears to be in a really bad state. Whereas others have it and just have a bad "cold". There are now 500-800 new deaths daily in both Spain and Italy.

Yes, this is a really curious disease.

Dr. Li the whistle-blower in China died at 34.
There was a story about a Dr. and a Nurse in China, both 29 and healthy. One lived, one died.

I don't think we really understand yet what Covid-19 does to the body, despite all the work being done.

There was a story about a Dr. and a Nurse in China, both 29 and healthy. One lived, one died.

I don't think we really understand yet what Covid-19 does to the body, despite all the work being done.

Hmm what was his whistle blower situation?

I would be very cautious with believing a healthy 34 year old “whistle blower” from China, which probably went against the government, died of this virus.. He was probably killed, let’s be honest..

That’s like saying a Russian whistle blower or opposition leader or journalist (against Putin) died of anything other than being killed lol

The US had plenty of warning, history cannot be re-written to fit the conspiracy paradigm you are pushing.

The fact is the United States chose not to act. The president was dismissive and uninterested. People are now paying the price.

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.”

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

This isn't a conspiracy, and it isn't political, it's outright ineptitude.
It's not conspiracy when the information provided can all be confirmed, but we've already gone over that. Draw your own conclusions based on the information that is out there...or...ignore it. Regardless, nothing you said had anything to do with the point I made.

which probably went against the government
No probably about it, they silenced him when he first spoke out about it. At least one other has magically disappeared after speaking out against the govt when the whistle-blower died. Wouldn't be surprised if he was murdered, the Chinese are just a slightly more civil north korea. They don't give a shit.

True.

Yep, and look at the # of recovered. In the us we have had 83,206 cases and only 1,864 recoveries. China has had 81,285 and 74,051 recoveries.

How and when is somebody deemed "recovered"? If people have not died from this inside 2-3 weeks after being positive, they are recovered! There does not seem to be much interest in finding that number. The media and other people want panic, they encourage it by posting daily body counts. Trying to determine if people are recovered does not fit that narrative, although it would help to determine a real "death rate". Which again, I believe much lower than many portray, if that truth was allowed, this would settle out real quick.... or flip side it would justify the measures being taken.

thats just what i have been doing, im waiting on some more red days

stick to your plan, ignore the noise, don’t listen to anyone but yourself, let the fear cripple the rest. Buy and hold long term my friend

How and when is somebody deemed "recovered"? If people have not died from this inside 2-3 weeks after being positive, they are recovered! There does not seem to be much interest in finding that number. The media and other people want panic, they encourage it by posting daily body counts. Trying to determine if people are recovered does not fit that narrative, although it would help to determine a real "death rate". Which again, I believe much lower than many portray, if that truth was allowed, this would settle out real quick.... or flip side it would justify the measures being taken.

I believe they count people as recovered when they're no longer sick and when they no longer carry the virus. Some people are sick for a lot longer than 3 weeks. People can spend a month or longer just in ICU, not counting the incubation time or the first week or two when they're sick but not hospitalized.

One thing I learned from my uncle the coroner today was that at least in his county they wont be doing autopsies on anyone positive for coronavirus. That's a bit disappointing since they wont get to see what the virus does to the organs. I think it might provide some valuable knowledge. Maybe some places will do them and share what they discover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner