over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those guidelines are ridiculous; anybody where it is suspected that they may have it should be tested, fever or not. It would be better for more people to be tested that don't need to be tested than to miss out on testing some people that have it. Thats what happens when the government designs the system.

Also, the false negative and false positives that had been reported were from the original flawed tests I believe; which is part of the reason of the delay in them being available. The current tests should be highly reliable according to the press conference today.
Yes, I think the tests coming out now are more reliable and it was some of the early tests deployed that had a problem.

Another thing, I can see why they are rationing out the tests right now, but later this week into next week there are supposed to be literally about a million more test kits out and hopefully then they will let up on the restrictions and test more people.

The two guys who think they have it, did it come on fast, or slow?

If it was just a normal sickness and you didn't have to isolate, would you take off work due to it? Would you have skipped your workouts? How is apetite? How bad is it from 1-10 if you had to rate it?

About 2.5 weeks ago a couple co workers got sick, then that night after my workout I felt done, then had a physical therapy session he massaged my chest I felt like death, just felt cold, fatigued, I literally bought 10 oranges, at them, passed out for 12 hours, was 70% better the next day then almost fine 2 days later, but some coughing did last for a week. Completely gone now.
I felt a tiny bit sick on Saturday, I went and trained anyway, not really sure if I was actually sick or not, it was probably a mistake. The next day I felt like shit, each day since I've felt slightly worse but not really bad, bad cold bad, but not like flu bad. My temp is up a half a degree since I started taking it Saturday night.

Those guidelines are ridiculous; anybody where it is suspected that they may have it should be tested, fever or not. It would be better for more people to be tested that don't need to be tested than to miss out on testing some people that have it. Thats what happens when the government designs the system.

Also, the false negative and false positives that had been reported were from the original flawed tests I believe; which is part of the reason of the delay in them being available. The current tests should be highly reliable according to the press conference today.
It's all the university and private labs doing the testing up here now, WU is doing the most and some private labs are doing some. WU patients actually have drive through testing that started but I'm not a Washington University patient. I'll get tested if I get a fever or if it becomes available.

Kaladryn, you have brilliant mind and the ability comprehend very complex subjects.

But . . . reading all your posts on this subject, it sounds like to me you are stuck in
analysis paralysis and are willing and able to find any evidence to suit your current
mindset, that is to not get yourself tested.

Am I right or am I wrong? (I can roll either way :))

Kaladryn, get tested.
RN here. Testing is not widely available nationwide. It’s just not. Hopefully this will change soon.

I just want to thank you guys for sharing your experiences. I know is small sample size but it helps. While this is not a killer like 90% death rate or anything, it sounds somewhat serious, moreso than just a cold. Hard decisions even by us common folks are being made now. Go into work or work from home? Some folks at my company don’t have the option so going in helps to encourage them and they not feel alone, or like they are being forgotten about. Definitely adds some complexity to life

From my understanding u can have the virus for around a week b4 symptoms appear but still be contagious that whole time. So even if they have a million tests, if they are only testing those with symptoms then the ppl infected without symptoms will still be walking around for a week without infecting others possibly. So they need over 300million tests to be sure of whose contagious. And no way is everyone gonna go get tested. Sooo....EVERYBODY PANIC...there's no stopping it. The corona is coming for you! JK..its really not that serious. Ppl need to relax. The stress from this is far more dangerous for the majority of ppl. My 70year old parents went to be tested this afternoon and they dontsound worried at all. But they sound sik as fuck. Especially my mother. I guess her cough got worse again and fever is high. Ive never heard her cough like this in my life. Horrible constant strong sounding very dry cough.

Everyone who has confirmed Covid-19 or not, thanks for sharing and regardless of your illness I hope you all recover soon.
Be well everyone!

I felt a tiny bit sick on Saturday, I went and trained anyway, not really sure if I was actually sick or not, it was probably a mistake. The next day I felt like shit, each day since I've felt slightly worse but not really bad, bad cold bad, but not like flu bad. My temp is up a half a degree since I started taking it Saturday night.
Be careful Kai. I think we are close to the same age. Do all you can to boost you immune system. Vitamine C, lots of sleep if possible. No antiinflammaotries. Hydroxy chloroquine if you can find it.

From my understanding u can have the virus for around a week b4 symptoms appear but still be contagious that whole time. So even if they have a million tests, if they are only testing those with symptoms then the ppl infected without symptoms will still be walking around for a week without infecting others possibly. So they need over 300million tests to be sure of whose contagious. And no way is everyone gonna go get tested. Sooo....EVERYBODY PANIC...there's no stopping it. The corona is coming for you! JK..its really not that serious. Ppl need to relax. The stress from this is far more dangerous for the majority of ppl. My 70year old parents went to be tested this afternoon and they dontsound worried at all. But they sound sik as fuck. Especially my mother. I guess her cough got worse again and fever is high. Ive never heard her cough like this in my life. Horrible constant strong sounding very dry cough.

I don't doubt at all that this is a serious situation and believe it should be taken seriously but some of the things I'm hearing and seeing are just people in complete panic!!!
I had a women ready to fight me over two frozen chicken sandwiches in the cooler at the store ( I split them with her lol) and a man in line telling me how 50-70% of the US population would develop the Corona virus and 3% would die. I read an article this morning that said the Corona virus death toll looks like World War 3. Where these numbers and stories are coming from I have no idea but some of it is mind blowing. That's Panic! I think a lot of it is the social media we all have and share. Stories and numbers get stretched. With that side I'm not taking this lightly at all. I've listened to my wife coughing and wheezing all night fighting for a breath and I cant help thinking she was misdiagnosed (although 3 respected MD's said she doesn't have COVID-19) I have elderly in-laws and I'm really concerned about them just as much. I'm learning and listening to everything that everyone has to say here and by no means saying who's is right or who is wrong. This is all new territory for us all. Its scary wondering what tomorrow may bring. I woke up few days ago and thought this was a bad dream and unfortunately this is our reality right now. I have no control over the situation but I do pray daily that we all can recover and get past this. My faith is all I have at this point.

Video here of a lady that got the virus back on Feb 22 at a party. She is in Washington. She felt ill within 3 days.

My parents both think they have it. My father is 70 and mother is 69. I see them almost daily and either its covid19 or the worst bronchitis ive seen. Small fever and coughing very very bad. But not hacking up stuff just constant dry coughs and hard to catch breath. Been like this for a couple weeks n seems to be getting better last couple days but still sound bad. I was around them alot at first but minimized exposure recently but im not worried for myself at all and i seriously doubt they have much to worry about. There health isnt the best but better than most. I think way more ppl have it than realize and like with any other infectious sickness, sick ppl should stay away from others. But i think shutting down the world and destroying many ppl financially and steady chipping away at our freedoms is insane and the ppl shouldn't stand for it. By no means am i saying i or anyone else should harm there fellow citizens or am i saying i dont care if anyone gets sick and dies. Anyone dying or getting sick is a terrible thing and i am here to lend a hand to any fellow man that needs it without any fear for my own well being. All im asking is where does it end? And how much can ppl take b4 they reach there limit and say enough is enough. Cuz I've talked to a lot of ppl that aint gonna take it lying down if they keep limiting our freedoms to do what we choose to do. If its a couple weeks or even a month or so i think only ppl looking for a reason to act out will do anything crazy. But the gov't is taking away everyone's outlets for stress and enjoying life. No goin out to eat. No clubs or bars. Now liquor stores are closed. No school. No sports or concerts or outdoor hobbies that involve social interaction. The stores are low on everything and its hard to get alot of important foods n supplies for poor ppl that aint got money to stock up n live week to week. Now Amazon stopped shipping today. The message is stay at home in front of a screen and listen for the next thing we are gonna tell u that u cant do or place u cant go. And where does it end? What if we are successful at fighting this virus and only 5or10or even 25thousand ppl die from it in the USA? Are they gonna say next flu season is coming and we gotta shut down for the flu to save lives? And if u dont then u dont care if old ppl n kids live or die? Cuz the cdc.gov site says 55thousand ppl have died this flu season already. Im not worried about me. Ill be fine. Im concerned about ppl that wont be able to recover from this shut down or even make it through it. And im very concerned with the police being overly aggressive with ppl and getting on more of a power trip than they already are on. But i wish all of u that are feeling poor a speedy recovery and those that feel fine help others in need and be open minded and understanding of others cuz everyone doesn't need or strive for the same things in life. Staying clear of covid19 isnt the number one priority in life to everyone out there.
Sorry but you are wrong with the Amazon part.its totally opposite. They are hiring now.where you got that info?because its incorrect

Sorry but you are wrong with the Amazon part.its totally opposite. They are hiring now.where you got that info?because its incorrect
Yeah, I caught that too and posted about it on page 2 of this thread. I looked up their site and checked the news. I heard during today's press conference too about them hiring 100,000 more workers! 17/hr starting wage there. Not too shabby.

RN here. Testing is not widely available nationwide. It’s just not. Hopefully this will change soon.

My wife works for a hospital and we were talking about it tonight because they want to do drive thru testing there but they can't get the tests. Apparently, at least here in AZ, it's the states fault. They have the tests but they are not set up to distribute them properly to the providers that need them. I think for the time being, if you think you might have the virus, you have to assume you do; because getting a test is such a fucked up process.

I hope I don't get a bad case of the corona as exactly a year ago I was rushed to the hospital with breathing difficulties after a week of flu symptoms. Swineflu and pneumonia, temperature of 105F that wouldn't come down for over a week as they tried different antibiotics. Multiple organ failure. Was put under on a ventilator for 3 weeks. I don't know if my body can handle a second similar round. The experience was so unpleasant I wonder if it would be best to stack up on some nice dope and expire painlessly at home :D

exactly. those deniers and tough talkers, i guess they place zero value on the lives of seniors. so what do they care if they act irresponsibly and go against the recommendations. its a shame they dont care about their fellow countrymen, only about their "liberty" or "freedom".
and then there's italy.

I read that it was definitely very terrifying to see what the government is doing to the people, complete facism. As for the virus nothing in that makes me fear it, but the governments, we should all be afraid of how they are taking away freedom.

Get well guys. This virus is no joke. I second Elvia's and brutus's thoughts, those of you still laughing about it or not taking it seriously are acting very irresponsible indeed.

My country (Belgium) is now also close to a complete lockdown. I suspect the same will happen in the US soon enough.

I had it 2 months ago I believe. I just didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to be quarantined. It was a flu with a cough that hurt real bad. It went away after a week or so. What really helped was sitting in the sauna for 2.5 hours a day. 20-25 min in, 5 minutes out for 2.5 hours. I felt better after every session. I stayed home from work until I was feeling better so that noone else would get it and remained inside for the time, except when I went to the sauna, but the place the sauna is in is leaner than everything except an operating table.

We should Do this Every Year!
The Flu Kills over 50,000 A Year
Lets Shut Down the country and World Every Flu Season!!!
Like A lot of Weak people say! Better Safe than Sorry !!!

We should Do this Every Year!
The Flu Kills over 50,000 A Year
Lets Shut Down the country and World Every Flu Season!!!
Like A lot of Weak people say! Better Safe than Sorry !!!
and if the same amount of people who had the flu that killed 50,000 had coronavirus, with a death rate of 3 percent, instead of .1 percent, those 50,000 dead would be 1.5 million dead.....
i know you're scared and trying to convince yourself you're not. as i'd bet most tough talkers are. trying to convince themselves they're not afraid. same folks buying up guns and ammo....wouldnt do that if they werent scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member