over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just watching Deal or No Deal with Howie Mandel. He's a big germaphobe and OCD. I wonder how he's handling this whole crisis.

Michael Jackson was wearing a mask years ago. Gloves too.

498233_1279830954631_full.jpg

Something to think about, if you do get covid-19. Might want to adjust what you're taking. 10,000 more men have died in the US from this, as compared to women.

"The new coronavirus cannot enter cells without the help of the TMPRSS2 proteins on our lung cells,” Goldstein says. “Our analysis suggests that decreasing testosterone will lower TMPRSS2, interfere with viral entry, and reduce the severity or duration of COVID-19.”

"A recent study by other researchers reports that the lung cells of men have more TMPRSS2 and that TMPRSS2 levels are greater in older individuals compared with younger people."

If this were true wouldn't we be seeing BBer's dropping like flies or for that matter most pro athletes?

I guess this article is the opposite side of the same coin?

If this were true wouldn't we be seeing BBer's dropping like flies or for that matter most pro athletes?

Well, fewer women are dying but we don't know for sure why. Could be testosterone.

If i were on steroids and got sick with it, I'd drop down to 100 mg/wk test .

Was just watching Deal or No Deal with Howie Mandel. He's a big germaphobe and OCD. I wonder how he's handling this whole crisis.

Michael Jackson was wearing a mask years ago. Gloves too.

Everyone thought Michael Jackson was crazy. I guess he was just ahead of his time.

Everyone thought Michael Jackson was crazy. I guess he was just ahead of his time.
Yep, he and Howie both. Now it's not socially acceptable to go out without a mask.

My sister in Florida has been really careful to avoid the virus. Her husband has stage 4 cancer, so he's in a high risk group. She didn't want her kid getting it either, obviously. They've been strict about wearing masks in public, washing their hands, sanitizing everything, etc.

Now they all have it. The one girl at my brother in law's job who wasn't regularly wearing a mask came down with it first. Now half the employees at that store are sick. My brother in law is doing surprisingly well. My sister says she feels like she has the worst flu of her life. My nephew is already feeling better after just a few days.

My sister in Florida has been really careful to avoid the virus. Her husband has stage 4 cancer, so he's in a high risk group. She didn't want her kid getting it either, obviously. They've been strict about wearing masks in public, washing their hands, sanitizing everything, etc.

Now they all have it. The one girl at my brother in law's job who wasn't regularly wearing a mask came down with it first. Now half the employees at that store are sick. My brother in law is doing surprisingly well. My sister says she feels like she has the worst flu of her life. My nephew is already feeling better after just a few days.
Thats too bad, but it sounds like he will be ok even though he's in stage 4. That's great. Gives me a bit of hope if I get sick.

Goes to show that masks aren't 100% protection, surgical masks probably offer little protection against getting it but it's better than nothing. Was the female spreader not wearing her mask at work, or was that just outside work where she wasn't using one?

Thats too bad, but it sounds like he will be ok even though he's in stage 4. That's great. Gives me a bit of hope if I get sick.

Goes to show that masks aren't 100% protection, surgical masks probably offer little protection against getting it but it's better than nothing. Was the female spreader not wearing her mask at work, or was that just outside work where she wasn't using one?

That girl at work was wearing a mask when customers came in the store. She would take it off when only employees were around. She was starting to get sick when she was spreading it to everyone else at work. Apparently she quit that job after this all happened.

My brother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma a couple years ago. He's been going through several rounds of chemotherapy, getting tested for the virus beforehand since the pandemic started. Now it looks like he's on the road to recovery, from the virus at least. It must suck having to go through this and recover just to be healthy enough for another round of chemo.

My sister is starting to improve too. I didn't know she had it at first. I just saw she wasn't posting on Facebook every day like she would normally do. She said the nausea has been the worst part of it. I guess not everyone gets that symptom. She and her husband both tested positive a few days ago. She said the one good thing about this is that she won't have to worry about sending her kid back to school. She'll get him an antibody test just to be sure before classes start in person.

From what? The coronavirus? Tons of athletes have it, they don't even know they have it if they weren't required to get tested endlessly. I saw one college athlete (Indiana OL I think) mom saying on facebook that it gave her son "permanent heart damage." What the article failed to say was he didn't even know he had it, he got tested, they ran him an EKG, and it showed his heart wasn't in the best shape. A 300lb Plus 19 year old, no surprise. Obesity tends to strain the heart. It was spun to say that the virus gave him "permanent heart" damage and repeated 1000 times over.

From what? The coronavirus? Tons of athletes have it, they don't even know they have it if they weren't required to get tested endlessly. I saw one college athlete (Indiana OL I think) mom saying on facebook that it gave her son "permanent heart damage." What the article failed to say was he didn't even know he had it, he got tested, they ran him an EKG, and it showed his heart wasn't in the best shape. A 300lb Plus 19 year old, no surprise. Obesity tends to strain the heart. It was spun to say that the virus gave him "permanent heart" damage and repeated 1000 times over.

So yeah that's my point. Seems most high level athletes that have gotten it (Covid), all recovered and/or barely felt ill. I would imagine that "many" of these athletes have an elevated testosterone level if not naturally then from a bottle. So it's hard for me to fathom from the article Maldorf posted how an elevated testosterone level might make you MORE prone to a bad outcome. Most elderly men are hypogonadal with total/free test in the gutter already.

I wish there were a test to know your risk so you could either hunker down and wait for a vaccine or relax your anxiety and know if you do get it, it's not going to kill you. What makes one guy lose his sense of smell/taste and barely notice they have it and another go into ARDS and die?

So yeah that's my point. Seems most high level athletes that have gotten it (Covid), all recovered and/or barely felt ill. I would imagine that "many" of these athletes have an elevated testosterone level if not naturally then from a bottle. So it's hard for me to fathom from the article Maldorf posted how an elevated testosterone level might make you MORE prone to a bad outcome. Most elderly men are hypogonadal with total/free test in the gutter already.

I wish there were a test to know your risk so you could either hunker down and wait for a vaccine or relax your anxiety and know if you do get it, it's not going to kill you. What makes one guy lose his sense of smell/taste and barely notice they have it and another go into ARDS and die?

Bingo, man that would solve a lot of problems!!

This thread is for the discussion of Prophylaxis only!

Though the board would find this interesting given how much members do with blood work - they're seeing that people with elevated IL-6, D-dimer, C-reactive protein, LDH, and ferritin have higher chances of ICU admission, ventilation, and death from coronavirus - https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...f-covid-could-kill-you/ar-BB17SfpO?li=BBnbfcL

The researchers analyzed the blood of 299 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 admitted to GW Hospital between March and May, 200 of whom had all five biomarkers being evaluated – IL-6, D-dimer, CRP, LDH and ferritin. They found that elevated levels of these biomarkers were linked to inflammation and bleeding disorder, increasing their risk for ICU admission, invasive ventilatory support, and death. They even pinpointed the level at which the odds of death were the highest, when the LDH level was greater than 1200 units/l and a D-dimer level was greater than 3 μg/ml.

Researchers hope their findings will help physicians be able to predict outcomes for coronavirus patients, resulting in a more effective treatment protocol.

"We hope these biomarkers help physicians determine how aggressively they need to treat patients, whether a patient should be discharged, and how to monitor patients who are going home, among other clinical decisions," Shant Ayanian, MD, first author of the study and assistant professor of medicine at the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences, added.

Yeah, the Corona Virus is so lethal that you have to randomly test yourself to even know you have it

Update. Haven't been here largely because of the little shit academics who think they are experts in areas in which they freely admit they have never actually experienced. They will say that this experience is useless while in the same breath admitting they have never actually interacted with a person/patient in a professional medical capacity in their life. Shit/Waterscholar and this Euro moron with the Nasser avatar who I can't even remember the name of, you know who I'm talking about. They will also say that experience in these matters "has never been the standard here." But in contrast, if someone who has no experience in PEDs were to come here and espouse knowledge they would be immediately rebutted as someone with no experience. So it has actually always been the standard here. It's just that these little academic shits all of sudden think they are experts in areas in which they have no experience because they can read. It's a phenomenon unique to COVID that somehow makes ignorant inexperienced unqualified uneducated people believe they are experts.

I was very fortunate to have secured a contract with Pfizer for the COVID vaccine. Pfizer BNT162b2/aka B2 is the winner in the vaccine race without a doubt. We've administered IP/investigational product or placebo (bacstat NaCL) to 144 people with only 2 adverse events of pain and erythema at the injection site. Antibody titers in humans are 3-4x that of convalescent plasma. They were even higher in monkeys. Meaning if you were infected with COVID naturally you would have 3-4x fewer antibodies than if you received this vaccine. This is coupled with an equally strong T cell immunity response. Whether this is protective or not and how long it lasts we do not know, that is the purpose of the study. Suffice to say, if antibodies and T cell response are not protective for a period of at least 4-6 months then there really is no hope in combating this with a vaccine. AEs/adverse events in 18-55 year olds is 16%, in 65-85 yo they experienced zero adverse events. Thus the younger and more robust your immune response the more likely you are to experience an AE. Pfizer B2 mRNA encodes your own cell machinery to produce the spike protein that is present on the surface of SARS-CoV-2. Everyone has seen the COVID animation by now. Your body then produces antibodies in response to this spike protein. Pfizer B1 vaccine, which has since been dropped, was also mRNA but targeted the receptor that COVID uses to enter the cell. AEs for Pfizer B1 in 18-55 were 50% which is extremely high and 16% in 65-85. Moderna mRNA has also experienced similarly high AE rates as the now defunct Pfizer B1 , even higher. Every single person who received the dose in phase 1 that Moderna is moving forward with, 100mcg, and the higher dose they tested, 250mcg, experienced an adverse event after the injection. AstraZeneca was halted two days ago due to an SAE/severe adverse reaction. In phase 2, out of 1000 subjects in AZ/Oxford adenovirus vaccine 600/60% experienced an adverse event post injection. Moderna mRNA, Pfizer B2 mRNA, and AZ adenovirus are not well tolerated by a large margin compared to Pfizer B2. Immunogenicity for B2 is greater or equal to Moderna, AZ, and old Pfizer B1. Current Pfizer B2 dose is 30mcg IM x 2 doses 19-23d apart.

Evidence is still out on HCQ as prophylaxis as no proper study has been performed nor is it likely to happen. I've been on HCQ prophylaxis for 6 months, since March. Maybe it does something good, maybe it doesn't. But it does no harm. I've seen hundreds of people specific to COVID, live in L.A., traveled 5x on commercial flights to other areas since March and I have not contracted COVID. To qualify, for all you academic shits who somehow believe I don't understand that this is proof of nothing despite the fact that I do this for a living while you have zero experience, go fuck yourself.

If you have legitimate questions about the vaccine I will be happy to entertain. If you are a moronic anti vaxxer same applies to you as these academics, go fuck yourself. We were at 28.500 subjects today study wide with an initial 30k subjects. But a little greater than 80% are white people which the FDA does not find acceptable. Today they decided to expand to 44k subjects due to this issue, closing sites with little to zero Hispanic and black access in favor of sites like us in L.A. who agree not to see any more white people starting next week. This will slow things down considerably as these populations are simply not responsive due to what can only be described as ignorance despite the fact that they are in the greatest need. They believe crazy shit like they believe Church's fried chicken makes black men sterile and other equally unbelievable beliefs. In non-Hispanic caucasions, there has been an overwhelming response that I honestly didn't expect. There are literally hundreds of people I will not be able to schedule as we struggle to enroll Hispanics and AAs.

Rex.

Pfizer BNT162b2/aka B2 is the winner.
Current Pfizer B2 dose is 30mcg IM x 2 doses 19-23d apart.

Antibody titers in humans are 3-4x that of convalescent plasma.

Suffice to say, if antibodies and T cell response are not protective for a period of at least 4-6 months then there really is no hope in combating this with a vaccine.

Thus the younger and more robust your immune response the more likely you are to experience an AE.

These were my takeaways from your post Rex and I do appreciate you returning and giving us the vaccine update.

I'm no academic, just an RN who takes care of patients with Covid. Our standard: Remdesivir, Dexamethasone and in about 50% of patients, C Plasma. Not putting patients on a ventilator is goal #1 if possible. Our longest "long-hauler" was about 7 weeks. Most are getting by with an Oxi mask or just a plain NC. Crazy watching them desat into the mid/low 80's despite being on 10 lltres O2...just sitting up in their bed. Obesity plays a huge factor in those needing the most supportive care. Add diabetes and asthma to their history and that's typically the patient we're tubing & proning. We've had one Covid (+) pt come off ECMO and live. The patients that die, die very much alone.

Rex..love your posts man. Thanks for the update brother.

Reload, serious question but seems dumb. When the term obese is used, are we speaking about legitimately obese people or obese on the BMI scale? I have always kind of wondered if we are referring to fat and unhealthy or anyone with a certain mass:height ratio or classified as significantly overweight.

Update. Haven't been here largely because of the little shit academics who think they are experts in areas in which they freely admit they have never actually experienced. They will say that this experience is useless while in the same breath admitting they have never actually interacted with a person/patient in a professional medical capacity in their life. Shit/Waterscholar and this Euro moron with the Nasser avatar who I can't even remember the name of, you know who I'm talking about. They will also say that experience in these matters "has never been the standard here." But in contrast, if someone who has no experience in PEDs were to come here and espouse knowledge they would be immediately rebutted as someone with no experience. So it has actually always been the standard here. It's just that these little academic shits all of sudden think they are experts in areas in which they have no experience because they can read. It's a phenomenon unique to COVID that somehow makes ignorant inexperienced unqualified uneducated people believe they are experts.

I was very fortunate to have secured a contract with Pfizer for the COVID vaccine. Pfizer BNT162b2/aka B2 is the winner in the vaccine race without a doubt. We've administered IP/investigational product or placebo (bacstat NaCL) to 144 people with only 2 adverse events of pain and erythema at the injection site. Antibody titers in humans are 3-4x that of convalescent plasma. They were even higher in monkeys. Meaning if you were infected with COVID naturally you would have 3-4x fewer antibodies than if you received this vaccine. This is coupled with an equally strong T cell immunity response. Whether this is protective or not and how long it lasts we do not know, that is the purpose of the study. Suffice to say, if antibodies and T cell response are not protective for a period of at least 4-6 months then there really is no hope in combating this with a vaccine. AEs/adverse events in 18-55 year olds is 16%, in 65-85 yo they experienced zero adverse events. Thus the younger and more robust your immune response the more likely you are to experience an AE. Pfizer B2 mRNA encodes your own cell machinery to produce the spike protein that is present on the surface of SARS-CoV-2. Everyone has seen the COVID animation by now. Your body then produces antibodies in response to this spike protein. Pfizer B1 vaccine, which has since been dropped, was also mRNA but targeted the receptor that COVID uses to enter the cell. AEs for Pfizer B1 in 18-55 were 50% which is extremely high and 16% in 65-85. Moderna mRNA has also experienced similarly high AE rates as the now defunct Pfizer B1 , even higher. Every single person who received the dose in phase 1 that Moderna is moving forward with, 100mcg, and the higher dose they tested, 250mcg, experienced an adverse event after the injection. AstraZeneca was halted two days ago due to an SAE/severe adverse reaction. In phase 2, out of 1000 subjects in AZ/Oxford adenovirus vaccine 600/60% experienced an adverse event post injection. Moderna mRNA, Pfizer B2 mRNA, and AZ adenovirus are not well tolerated by a large margin compared to Pfizer B2. Immunogenicity for B2 is greater or equal to Moderna, AZ, and old Pfizer B1. Current Pfizer B2 dose is 30mcg IM x 2 doses 19-23d apart.

Evidence is still out on HCQ as prophylaxis as no proper study has been performed nor is it likely to happen. I've been on HCQ prophylaxis for 6 months, since March. Maybe it does something good, maybe it doesn't. But it does no harm. I've seen hundreds of people specific to COVID, live in L.A., traveled 5x on commercial flights to other areas since March and I have not contracted COVID. To qualify, for all you academic shits who somehow believe I don't understand that this is proof of nothing despite the fact that I do this for a living while you have zero experience, go fuck yourself.

If you have legitimate questions about the vaccine I will be happy to entertain. If you are a moronic anti vaxxer same applies to you as these academics, go fuck yourself. We were at 28.500 subjects today study wide with an initial 30k subjects. But a little greater than 80% are white people which the FDA does not find acceptable. Today they decided to expand to 44k subjects due to this issue, closing sites with little to zero Hispanic and black access in favor of sites like us in L.A. who agree not to see any more white people starting next week. This will slow things down considerably as these populations are simply not responsive due to what can only be described as ignorance despite the fact that they are in the greatest need. They believe crazy shit like they believe Church's fried chicken makes black men sterile and other equally unbelievable beliefs. In non-Hispanic caucasions, there has been an overwhelming response that I honestly didn't expect. There are literally hundreds of people I will not be able to schedule as we struggle to enroll Hispanics and AAs.

Rex.
Yeah, that guy is a total dick. I was shocked when he pointed out that you cannot rely on anecdotal evidence as a doctor, nor on badly designed observational studies. How rude to remind you of the fact that its professional researchers rather than practitioners like yourself who set treatment guidelines. I mean I can see just how butthurt you still are about it.

I'm sure he will find the information about the vaccine development interesting though. And he's probably glad that you judge the vaccine not based on the aggregate data rather than how you feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member