over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cpap

The VA diagnosed me with sleep apnea a little over a year ago. At first I had no problem using the CPAP and sleeping on my back like I was dead in a casket but lately it is getting harder and harder to use this damn thing. I use the nose pillows and can't find a way to sleep comfortably on my side or stomach for the life of me. Have any of you with CPAPs found a way to sleep in any other position than flat on your back? Another weird thing I've noticed lately is that when the seal gets broken it continues to push out air for quite a while where in the past that used to stop and it would cut off after a few seconds. I have a ResMed AirSense 11 if that matters.
I sleep on my side most of the night using Phillips Dreamwear full face

I sleep on my side most of the night using Phillips Dreamwear full face
Maybe I should try one of those instead of the nasal pillows. Truth be told they are starting to piss me off anyway and always seem to have a leak or make it hard to breathe...

Honestly, all I have experience with is the ResMed AirSense 11. No complaints from me on it, it works. They all probably have comfort issues...I mean they basically give you a trunk and make you look like an elephant.
You can get a nose cover that has the hose attachment at the top of your head, very comfortable no pull on the face

Thought I’d ask here rather than start a new thread.

My Cpap therapy been going pretty good. My dr prescribed pressure was set at 8.2 but it was far too low. I’ve slowly titrated up until my AHI is under 1.0 most nights. It’s taken a pressure of 12.4 to get episodes this low

Lately my wife has noticed I’m panting in my sleep whilst using the Cpap. It doesn’t appear to be interfering with my sleep, wondering if anybody experienced it or knows why it’s happening?

So I’ve had my resmed autosense 10 for like 3 years or so and only used it a total of like 5 times probably. I was going to see it but I figured long term it will benefit me to try my hardest to get use to it and use it regularly. Anyway do you guys have any recommendations on how to get use to it better? It’s so irritating because it seems no matter what I do I always wake up with the mask off my face in the middle of the night without knowing I even took it off.
Just started using mine again, a few days in right now, I need it.

Before bed it is some THC oil, 1iu GH, vitamin d and some Cannabis flower. This combo has been working well and I am seemingly sleeping through the night.

My Cpap therapy been going pretty good. My dr prescribed pressure was set at 8.2 but it was far too low. I’ve slowly titrated up until my AHI is under 1.0 most nights. It’s taken a pressure of 12.4 to get episodes this low

Lately my wife has noticed I’m panting in my sleep whilst using the Cpap. It doesn’t appear to be interfering with my sleep, wondering if anybody experienced it or knows why it’s happening?
I wouldn’t worry about it personally… Sounds like you’re getting great results from your therapy. I can only dream of getting those results.

I don’t quite grasp the panting, but I imagine it’s you abt to have an event and the CPAP preventing it. Having less than 1 event per hour sounds great!!!

Cage

I've never heard of panting with a CPAP. Maybe it has to do with your mouth drying out. Theoretically it should have you sleeping with mouth closed and proper airflow so panting shouldn't be possible. Ask her to take a video next time she hears it.

I've never heard of panting with a CPAP. Maybe it has to do with your mouth drying out. Theoretically it should have you sleeping with mouth closed and proper airflow so panting shouldn't be possible. Ask her to take a video next time she hears it.
I use a full face mask as I’ve always struggled to sleep whilst solely breathing through my nose

I wouldn’t worry about it personally… Sounds like you’re getting great results from your therapy. I can only dream of getting those results.

I don’t quite grasp the panting, but I imagine it’s you abt to have an event and the CPAP preventing it. Having less than 1 event per hour sounds great!!!

Cage
Taken me a good while to get it to where I am currently. My provider was adamant that from the at home sleep study, 8.2 was the pressure I needed and I shouldn’t mess with the settings. After persevering for months I decided to slowly build the pressure up and checked every day to monitor AHI, and adjust pressure to suit, that’s the only way I’ve been able to get my sleep apnea under better control.

Taken me a good while to get it to where I am currently. My provider was adamant that from the at home sleep study, 8.2 was the pressure I needed and I shouldn’t mess with the settings. After persevering for months I decided to slowly build the pressure up and checked every day to monitor AHI, and adjust pressure to suit, that’s the only way I’ve been able to get my sleep apnea under better control.
Doctors aren't good resources on CPAPs for bodybuilders.

I was shocked that 12 is good for you because I recall you being a big guy - 12 is what I get mine down to towards the end of a diet.

Your pressure needs to be adjusted regularly - if weight goes up increase it, if weight goes down increase, if you're really stopped up increase it, etc.

When you were “panting”, how long was your last meal before bed?

Doctors aren't good resources on CPAPs for bodybuilders.

I was shocked that 12 is good for you because I recall you being a big guy - 12 is what I get mine down to towards the end of a diet.

Your pressure needs to be adjusted regularly - if weight goes up increase it, if weight goes down increase, if you're really stopped up increase it, etc.
At 47 now I’ve been downsizing a fair bit recently

About 15 mins. 😂
😂 I would look there first personally. I’ve personally found and in others that if you load up on food just before bed it can trigger issues such as this. Try at least having the meal an hour before bed and see if it helps.

I know it’s tough for guys trying to pound food to gain size, but will help in my experience with quality of sleep.

😂 I would look there first personally. I’ve personally found and in others that if you load up on food just before bed it can trigger issues such as this. Try at least having the meal an hour before bed and see if it helps.

I know it’s tough for guys trying to pound food to gain size, but will help in my experience with quality of sleep.
Absolutely agree.

I try go give myself at least an hour after my last meal before going to bed, ideally it's more like two hours.

After years of wondering if I had apnea, I took a "at home" sleep test. How reliable are those? You take it with a finger monitor that uses a red light to determine the oxygen levels in your blood. It all seemed like a scam. I heard the CPAPs are amazing but I couldn't get use to breathing with that thing blowing in my face all night. I felt like I woke up more when using it. Tearing the mask off, then having to calm down and reset everything. I just couldn't use it.

After years of wondering if I had apnea, I took a "at home" sleep test. How reliable are those? You take it with a finger monitor that uses a red light to determine the oxygen levels in your blood. It all seemed like a scam. I heard the CPAPs are amazing but I couldn't get use to breathing with that thing blowing in my face all night. I felt like I woke up more when using it. Tearing the mask off, then having to calm down and reset everything. I just couldn't use it.
If you care about your health to any degree then learn to use your CPAP. You love to lift heavier and heavier weights in the gym right? So do the same with your CPAP - start by wearing it for 15 minutes, then 30, then 2 hours, etc. Wear it while you're watching TV, browsing Professional Muscle, etc.

Sleep apnea is the biggest silent killer of bodybuilders aside from high blood pressure. If you care about your health then use the CPAP.

I'd recommend revisiting it and trying the nasal pillows vs. a full face mask.

This may sound odd but I actually like sleeping in my mask. Not sure if it's feeling the air coming in but I find it helps me sleep better regardless of reducing my apnea.

I struggle to sleep without it nowadays

This may sound odd but I actually like sleeping in my mask. Not sure if it's feeling the air coming in but I find it helps me sleep better regardless of reducing my apnea.

I struggle to sleep without it nowadays
I'm the same way - if I travel my CPAP comes with me, if I take a 20 minute nap I use it.

I find it meditative to put the mask on and get my breathing in rhythm.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131