advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Creatine - Anyone else have trouble keeping BP stable on this stuff?

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I noticed around the time I turned 40, it became harder and harder to keep my blood pressure stable on this stuff. I blew through a whole bunch of different formulations with no success. I used to love to take it before training but now it messes with my BP and makes me bloated and miserable. Anyone with similar problems figure a way around this? As of right now, I can't use it. Is it a less is more kind of thing? Nobody else I know IRL seems to have any problem with it.

Same here. Before few years tried it for a week or so, bloted me crazy. Never tried it again after

It acts just like too much sodium to me bloated and high BP. I can lift more but so bloated endurance goes down.
Same here. Before few years tried it for a week or so, bloted me crazy. Never tried it again after
Thanks for replying. I was worried there was something wrong with me. Sucks though. I've used it since my younger days. I've since replaced it with Synthetine (L-Carnitine) metabolic stimulator. I guess I have to say goodbye to creatine. There's no love lost though because it always bloated me, just never jacked my BP. Oh well...

Thanks for replying. I was worried there was something wrong with me. Sucks though. I've used it since my younger days. I've since replaced it with Synrhetine (L-Carnitine) metabolic stimulator. I guess I have to say goodbye to creatine. There's no love lost though because it always bloated me, just never jacked my BP. Oh well...
Welcome brother. How’s carnitine doing for you. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m going to try and see what it does to me

I stopped using Micronized Creatine probab 10+ years ago. I loved the effect, higher ATP, thinking was clearer, etc...

...but the indigestion and bloated feel. Couldn’t handle it. Phil Hernon suggested using kre alkalyn, but never attained that “feel” from it. And since I was on Test-Deca- Dbol, there’s no way of knowing if the kre alkalyn was at least giving a cosmetic effect. Lately, as I’m 48, I dropped the anabolics (DHT) a few years ago in favor of hair, I had considered returning to a creatine form (Hydrocloride perhaps), experimenting.

In one hand, Dbol gives a great cosmetic appeal, but increases weekly dosing and hepatoxic (Though small). However creatine has a benefit of health.

All said, could the higher BP levels be due to something else? Just curious...

Welcome brother. How’s carnitine doing for you. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m going to try and see what it does to me
I love the stuff. It amps up your metabolism and all the carbs get used up and your pumps get quite righteous and strong. It improves my endurance also. It can increase your heart rate at higher doses and at really, really high doses hypercalcemia is a factor but I already consume a ton of fluids so hypercalcemia doesn't really concern me.

For me, I cannot get fat on it. I don't know how many calories I'd have to eat but it's definitely over 6400 calories.

I stopped using Micronized Creatine probab 10+ years ago. I loved the effect, higher ATP, thinking was clearer, etc...

...but the indigestion and bloated feel. Couldn’t handle it. Phil Hernon suggested using kre alkalyn, but never attained that “feel” from it. And since I was on Test-Deca- Dbol, there’s no way of knowing if the kre alkalyn was at least giving a cosmetic effect. Lately, as I’m 48, I dropped the anabolics (DHT) a few years ago in favor of hair, I had considered returning to a creatine form (Hydrocloride perhaps), experimenting.

In one hand, Dbol gives a great cosmetic appeal, but increases weekly dosing and hepatoxic (Though small). However creatine has a benefit of health.

All said, could the higher BP levels be due to something else? Just curious...
The blood pressure increase happened almost exactly 10-15 minutes after ingestion so consistently that it was definitive enough for me. I shouldn't be surprised though because it volumizes almost everything it touches in your body. The older you get, your blood vessels just aren't as rubbery and stretchable so increased volume in a tighter space = too much ("hyper") pressure ("tension") = hypertension. Similar to vasoconstriction like caffeine and nicotine which increase pressure.

I love the stuff. It amps up your metabolism and all the carbs get used up and your pumps get quite righteous and strong. It improves my endurance also. It can increase your heart rate at higher doses and at really, really high doses hypercalcemia is a factor but I already consume a ton of fluids so hypercalcemia doesn't really concern me.

For me, I cannot get fat on it. I don't know how many calories I'd have to eat but it's definitely over 6400 calories.
Thank you brother. Yes mainly used for fat loss. How much you inject or what’s the protocol?

Lately, as I’m 48, I dropped the anabolics (DHT) a few years ago in favor of hair,
Yeah Phil had pitched me on kre-alkalyn too. He was a huge fan of it. No matter how much I took, it didn't feel like I was on creatine. I just didn't get that creatine blood volume water bump. Creatine ethyl ester (CEE) was same deal. Both were money down the drain. At least for me anyway.

Thank you brother. Yes mainly used for fat loss. How much you inject or what’s the protocol?
Very personalized. I started off low at 500mg per day until I learned more about it. It is stored in your body. Your kidneys actually. So it made more sense to me, like creatine, to load it. At that point I had a cycle month on month off and loading 500mg x 3 per day for 5 days then 500 x 2 or even 1 as maintenance with 500mg prior to training or cardio.

And the beauty of it is 2 bottles will last over a year.

Haven’t used Creatine in several years myself. Got tired of the bloating as well. It definitely served a good purpose for me in my early years. But as I aged things changed.

Cage

A low dosage may be enough. Say 3 grams a day. Split it into 2 servings and you might tolerate it well. I think 3 grams was enough to kind of saturate the stores.
what I was thinking, might be you're just using too much, either all at once or total daily intake

a gram or two of mono at each meal and I've never had any problems from it, been using since it blew up on the scene back in '93

Never had any issues with bloating on creatine. I use it more for it's overall benefits. Does it make me stronger, I can't say it does much for me in strength. I do think my muscle look fuller on it. No bp issue or anything.

You won't miss is. Haven't used it since high school before I discovered aas. Back in 2002 it was all the craze then found the real thing. Don't have any studies maybe someone can dig them up but when I had some bad kidney numbers my doctor told me that all her athletes kidney Numbers came back to normal when they ditched it. Threw mine in the dumpster, got retested, and my kidneys were looking good.

A low dosage may be enough. Say 3 grams a day. Split it into 2 servings and you might tolerate it well. I think 3 grams was enough to kind of saturate the stores.
Yea I agree. Our creatine stores reach their highest equilibrium at about 3-4g so there isn't much benefit of using more. I'd at least want to use a low dose for the health benefits.

the first EAS creatine from ~1996 must have been sppiked with some balco/duchaine/pa/kneller yet-to-be-discovered anabolic.
stamina, pumps, strength gains, seen in the first 7 days were unreal.. never to be seen again with any other batch of EAS creatine or 'brand'
i also noticed during this time, an increase in hair loss.. i started out with a VERY thick head of hair.. took about 12 years for me to really go bald..
tren did the finishing job on my hair.. i look good bald anyway.. so i'm ok.
but i do believe creatine was the main reason for my initial hair loss.. isnt it now common knowledge that creatine causes hair loss ?
or rather supra-physiological doses of creatine..

how much are you guys using that its causing these issues? I see people take way too much. if you're eating beef and chicken, especially, you're already getting much of it from your diet. I was comfortable taking about three grams a day, your body can't use much more than that

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131