advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Curbing a Binge.. Share your methodology.

I'm a psych nurse and working on my mental health APRN. Most of you guys mean well but I think are off the mark. NY muscle is right.

What the OP is describing is a binge. Most binges are not from hunger or "need" of food at tall. It's a psychological "need". A few things can be at play. A fucked up dopamine reward system. The brain is lacking dopamine and when the sugar and carbs hit, it releases dopamine. The binger feels "high" and good. This causes massive amounts of carbs/sweets to be eaten. Very rarely are meats, cheeses, fatty foods eaten on a binge. It's cereals, sweets, bread.

Another possibility is a maladaptive coping skill for anxiety. Most BED patients have terrible anxiety, and mindlessly eat to relieve there anxiety. They will snack and eat for hours on end until the anxiety passes.

To the OP, if this continues, you need to seek professional help. CBT and drug combination are required to treat BED. It's no joke. It destroys marriages, health, etc just like any other mental disordsr

Wellbutrin has literally halted my bingeing, in fact hunger in general. I could eat or pass on food and meals. Due to trying to put on muscle I just eat, there's no urge etc, but there's nothing that keeps me from eating either, no nausea, stomach ache etc..
Wellbutrin has really helped with my yo yo weight issues I've experienced my entire life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellbutrin has literally halted my bingeing, in fact hunger in general. I could eat or pass on food and meals. Due to trying to put on muscle I just eat, there's no urge etc, but there's nothing that keeps me from eating either, no nausea, stomach ache etc..
Wellbutrin has really helped with my yo yo weight issues I've experienced my entire life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellbutrin and high doses Prozac are the go-to weapons for bulemia and BED. Glad it works for you bud. Makes me happy. Being a slave to food/hunger is a terrible life

i just started a short 10 day DNP run, stocked up on 2mg nicotine gum and diet mountain dew this morning. basically in between meals if i start getting hungry i chew a piece of gum and sip on the diet dew, carbonation does wonders for making you feel full.

i only have issues with binging on diets where im eating at or below maintenance though, and then maybe a week or two of potential rebounding after i stop the diet, so i just continue my diet routine after stopping whatever weight loss drugs im doing for a couple more weeks and usually good to go.

if you have trouble in general with this kinda stuff on a normal basis i would say always stay away from things like tren, t3, dnp, ghrp6, mk-677. all the shit that makes you ravenous...itll just cause more problems for you.

I'm on a short little keto burst here post Christmas. No DNP, just a low dose of clen. I find once I actually get in ketosis, my appetite drops considerably compared to regular dieting. Many people find the ketones blunt hunger. I dropped 10-12lb of water in 2 days, no shit. Little flatter working out but energy was fine.

For appetite suppression, a legit keto diet works. No desire to binge or eat carbs once fully transitioned. But make sure you are getting enough quality fat. I use things like MCT, coconut oil, avocado, bulletproof brain boost (special coconut oil), etc.

Last edited:
Wellbutrin and high doses Prozac are the go-to weapons for bulemia and BED. Glad it works for you bud. Makes me happy. Being a slave to food/hunger is a terrible life

I was on prozac and all sorts of shit in my early teens up to age 21 when I decided to stop all the drugs but pretty much all related to serotonin, OCD etc. I can't recall if it helped binging, infact I recall a conversation where the Dr told me some people gain weight because they do not get stressed/depressed any more over food or some shit. I told him I was worried that I would "get fat and not care" lol

1. Figure out what started the binge... Calories too low? Outside stresses? Dieting too longgggg?

2. Once you figure this out make moves to fix it.... Adding in more high days... Which are shown to reverse metabolic down regulations which occur after extended dieting periods.
Raising calories so you don't feel so deprived.

3. If you have trigger foods, remove them from the house!!!

Well the issue at hand is his binging and cravings... in my opinion when you're binging or craving it's not because you're hungry....starving is not the answer I propose..stop/fight the urges to eat is... I've been a binger my whole life and even found a hypnotist to help me many many years ago (it did help) and eventually learned how to get it under control.... we're not talking about being hungry because our muscles are looking for energy and nutrients just be a matter of eating when you have no actual hunger at all.

When I feel like the OP feels I could have eaten a ton of crap and then eat again not because I'm hungry but because it is mental crap that goes on in your head with regards to desires to eat, not hunger.

By fighting his binging and cravings does not mean he is starving.

This past month because it's the winter and because mentally I need a break from all the dieting I starting eating stuff I normally would not and added extra meals I normally would not have (fuck you Lenny and Larry cookies lol) but then became uncontrollable...after my routine meals, I would have one big ass meal/binge..that often dragged on late... everyday and I would subsequently sit down on the couch not even able to move thinking I could not even eat another crumb ever again if I try BUT low and behold an hour later I would get up and start eating again and I was not hungry at all.

That is what we are taking about when we talk about binging. No one is going catabolic by fighting these feelings and when it comes to a competitor who happens to be dieting which is not me but many people that are, sometimes you just have to fight it's part of the process ....if I was "listening to my body" like many people say, Id be eating pizza and ice cream 10 times today.

Fasting has been one of the main things that help me fight the binging in fact it makes it easy....the cravings just go away.

Now that being said I'm sure you more than anyone else knows that even on a proper competition prep, you're going to want to incorporate cheat meals here and there but those are planned and often sometimes not even something you want or crave...but part of the protocol, but again that's not what we are talking about.

Sent from my VS990 using Professional Muscle mobile app

I agree to an extent but it depends upon the individual

Fasting can lead to a lack of self awareness in regards to hunger for many
Which after an extend period can be hard to reverse

The large meals can also mimic a binge, so then you enter a binge purge cycle

I agree to an extent but it depends upon the individual

Fasting can lead to a lack of self awareness in regards to hunger for many
Which after an extend period can be hard to reverse

The large meals can also mimic a binge, so then you enter a binge purge cycle

lol I think eating all day leads to a lack of self awareness of hunger.
how many ppl are really hungry 6-8 times a day?
( not including bb contest sorta things )

I find eating at limited times works for me as it allows me to eat a lot.
I like to eat a lot.

after doing this for years I find it very hard to eat during the day.

basically only small things after doing something or some other small details.

if I eat during the day it generally makes me sleepy n feel like shit.

took some time to learn.
a long time ago I used to freak out if I didn't eat every 2-3 hrs.

this is much easier. :lightbulb:

I think if we want to generalize it may be more healthy too.

Who said anything about eating 6-8 times a day lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity