over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Delts - What works best for you?

I've tried plates for delts, still prefer DB. Tried KB too, went back to DB. Felt like thinking they would be better was majoring in the minors. Also I know they say cable are better z better resistance profile, I still feel like if some right....lighter weight.. explosive but with a pause at top DB hit them best. Just my opinion I do not like a slow lowering on the delts...I like to pump them up like pumping a basket ball lol
Yea ne too, kb are the worst for me on everything except core training. The pump is everything and cables do provide constant tension but compared to DBs for cannon ball delts it’s comical. Now they are pretty solid as a finishing movement but that’s about it.

Delts are my best part by far. Years ago, I started using the ankle cuff around my forearm and I do side laterals with these on the cable. It takes out the arm below the wrist. It's amazing how it hits the side delts. Place the ankle cuff high up on the arm and velcro down hard. Let me know if you try it

I believe my delts are a strong point and will always credit Paul Borreson. I have his book somewhere... If I remember he would advise one or two high rep (50) pre-exhaust sets of laterals, DB or machine, then one triple drop set. Everything lateral seems to build and pump them the best.

I believe my delts are a strong point and will always credit Paul Borreson. I have his book somewhere... If I remember he would advise one or two high rep (50) pre-exhaust sets of laterals, DB or machine, then one triple drop set. Everything lateral seems to build and pump them the best.
I like the idea of pumping them up before hitting them heavy. Didn't meadows do this too? The popular way seems heavy work then light after but always good to experiment.

Only exercises I do for delts are overhead presses, flys and rear delt machine. The flys are normally cables. Other compound movements like bench and lat pull downs hit different parts of the delts, so I don’t find more than this necessary.

I’m a big proponent of side laterals not any higher than shoulder height and not all the way down (keeping within an 80% range). Then I’ll usually end it with a rest-pause set or drop sets. Literally 2-3 sets at the most with high intensity.

Sometimes I’ll throw in the John Meadows shoulders six ways exercise to fry them at the end.

101 different things.

Heavy high incline presses (often dropsetted).

Great form lateral raises (often dropsetted)

High Rows and Rear Delt Flyes.

Incorporating different rep ranges for everything (another reason why I like drop sets).

Yes sir. But like I said, wide grip. Post to post just about.
And it doesn’t hit the upper pecs or do you just add a lil delts on pec day? I am assuming it’s a high volume movement?

And it doesn’t hit the upper pecs or do you just add a lil delts on pec day? I am assuming it’s a high volume movement?
With the ultra wide grip and min ROM, I go ad heavy as I can without hurting myself. I add debts and tris on pec day. But I also incorporate close grip flat bench on arm day

With the ultra wide grip and min ROM, I go ad heavy as I can without hurting myself. I add debts and tris on pec day. But I also incorporate close grip flat bench on arm day
I’ll give it a go, I too throw in an exercise on chest day for delts and tris which is bench press with the cambered bar on the close grips to failure x3, sets em all on fire

Earliest memory. Behind the neck barbell presses. 3 sets, 10 reps.

Later. Lateral raises / wide grip upright row / presses behind neck. Zero rest between exercises. (I used the same weight on rows and presses, just cleaned the bar.) Best routine ever. 2 cycles, 20 reps.

Later yet. Seated db presses. Stopped doing them when I could no longer clean the weight into position. 3 sets, 10 reps.

Still later. Db laterals, up and down the rack. 2 cycles, 20 reps.

Now. Machine laterals as described in an earlier post. Face down on adjustable bench set at somewhere between 45 deg. and 30 deg. Both exercises, 2 sets, 20 reps. Have not found a way to cheat try as I may 😉

Zero shoulder problems. Use Dante’s pole stretch every workout which I give much credit to.

No weights listed. They are irrelevant to anybody but myself but suffice to say I broke no world records.
What is this pole stretch you speak of? Always good to find ways to prevent injury

Anyone tried "delt skiers" rather than bent over reverse flyers for Rd? I feel it more and can use more weight

What is this pole stretch you speak of? Always good to find ways to prevent injury

Don’t have the a link but if you search DC shoulder stretch you will be able to find what you are looking for.

Anyone tried "delt skiers" rather than bent over reverse flyers for Rd? I feel it more and can use more weight

What about a chest supported high row? Although if you feel it more then great do that but maybe start with a high row really heavy then finish with those with a lighter weight so 2 different rep ranges and a shit load of stimulus for the rear delts. That's my general approach especially when doing multiple body parts. 2 movements for each often using a very stable exercise with a shitload of weight then something more isolated were I try to really connect with the muscle and get maximum pump. The sequence is usually that way but sometimes I reverse it and do pump first and heavy afterwards.

I personally think this is not needed and I train shoulders with chest but for guys who really want to do a shoulder day and cover all bases something like this would be great...

Incline Smith Press supersetted with Barbell Front Raises... 3 working sets.
DB Lateral Raises supersetted with DB Lateral Partials... 3 working sets.
Chest Supported High Row supersetted with DB Rear Delt Flyes (or Skiers in your case)... 3 working sets.

For anyone who wants to leave their rows for a PULL day they could just change those to a Reverse Pec Deck or something else.

3 working sets doesn't have to be written in stone either and some may prefer less (2 or even 1 for each) especially if they are including anything else that day. The above is a solid routine to cover all bases though and just change the volume based on your requirements.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear