over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Delts - What works best for you?

watch some Kuba Cielan's Youtube on delt training (y)

What about a chest supported high row? Although if you feel it more then great do that but maybe start with a high row really heavy then finish with those with a lighter weight so 2 different rep ranges and a shit load of stimulus for the rear delts. That's my general approach especially when doing multiple body parts. 2 movements for each often using a very stable exercise with a shitload of weight then something more isolated were I try to really connect with the muscle and get maximum pump. The sequence is usually that way but sometimes I reverse it and do pump first and heavy afterwards.

I personally think this is not needed and I train shoulders with chest but for guys who really want to do a shoulder day and cover all bases something like this would be great...

Incline Smith Press supersetted with Barbell Front Raises... 3 working sets.
DB Lateral Raises supersetted with DB Lateral Partials... 3 working sets.
Chest Supported High Row supersetted with DB Rear Delt Flyes (or Skiers in your case)... 3 working sets.

For anyone who wants to leave their rows for a PULL day they could just change those to a Reverse Pec Deck or something else.

3 working sets doesn't have to be written in stone either and some may prefer less (2 or even 1 for each) especially if they are including anything else that day. The above is a solid routine to cover all bases though and just change the volume based on your requirements.
Good stuff I always enjoy talking training with you. I found heavy rows...I can't really feel any mind muscle for delt rear. What I do like...is bent over reverse flyers...then at failure, now start rowing the DB. So more light then heavier.

I also like getting a little heavy on reverse pec deck. A high rep set, a set 12-15. Then finish with 2 drop sets.

I like the lateral partials followed by normal lat raises on the side delt machine. Use a heavy weight for the bottom partials then half it and rep out the full ROM.

Good stuff I always enjoy talking training with you. I found heavy rows...I can't really feel any mind muscle for delt rear. What I do like...is bent over reverse flyers...then at failure, now start rowing the DB. So more light then heavier.

I also like getting a little heavy on reverse pec deck. A high rep set, a set 12-15. Then finish with 2 drop sets.

I like the lateral partials followed by normal lat raises on the side delt machine. Use a heavy weight for the bottom partials then half it and rep out the full ROM.
👍 I like it.

👍 I like it.
Was recently thinking about your philosophy on arms....I believe you are a fan of pre exhaust but not droplets etc. Would be interested in hearing your reasoning for being such a fan of pre exhaust

For example curls then chins...skulls then dips asap right after. Do do also like pre exhaust for delts, say high rep lateral raises followed by a heavy upright rows? Maybe for rear delts high rep pec dec followed by heavy bent over rows or even delt skiers which are basically a dumbbell rear delt row but your pushing back more than pulling with arms perpendicular to torso.

Was recently thinking about your philosophy on arms....I believe you are a fan of pre exhaust but not droplets etc. Would be interested in hearing your reasoning for being such a fan of pre exhaust

For example curls then chins...skulls then dips asap right after. Do do also like pre exhaust for delts, say high rep lateral raises followed by a heavy upright rows? Maybe for rear delts high rep pec dec followed by heavy bent over rows or even delt skiers which are basically a dumbbell rear delt row but your pushing back more than pulling with arms perpendicular to torso.
Dude you really overthink stuff lol.

Just fucking train and go to (near) failure.

You got it.

I dunno. It just works for me. Fast. Effective. Keeps the poundage’s down and the intensity up.

I don’t think I ever flexed my delts during an exercise until mountaindog pointed it out in a video. Game changer for me. Always kind of just went through the motions until then.

Damn. Never heard of these and with my fucked up right shoulder I think they will work really well.

Could superset them with the meadows delt swings
Noticed the position of his palms. Superior. And I just started doing them this way just out of experimenting. I find it superior. Can feel the isolation way more.

Anybody else do them that way?

I don’t think I ever flexed my delts during an exercise until mountaindog pointed it out in a video. Game changer for me. Always kind of just went through the motions until then.
I flex up during the positive and hold the dumbbell for a moment at the top of db side raises and especially db front raises then flex on the slow negative.

I tried John Meadowns slight incline prone side delts. Definitely felt a huge difference
I do them with a shrug at the bottom or sometimes even the top it gives an insane burn AND pump.

A couple of tweaks I've been doing to better feel the delts being worked..

Reverse pec deck 20-30 reps, straight elbows. Grip depends on what feels best that day or machine...some days a neutral grip I feel it more sometimes overhand

Mike Israetel type giant sets, not Milos. Pick a weight you can do for 20, grind your way up to a predetermined number resting as needed, I do 100.

Meadows side delt DB partials, definitely a new stimulus, heavyweight compared to what you would normally use.

Interesting I don't really feel his rear delt swings destroyers... watched multiple videos but feel nothing like using light weight for bent over flys or rvpd. It's a shame because Anything by John is gold... not sure why I can't feel them being hit.

Good old fashioned down the rack 2x, one set is 40-50 reps. Did these years ago didn't like, but started doing them again now that I understand proper form better, great pump.

They say the cables are better continuous tension but I feel DB much more especially with a little pause at the top. Many say do them in the plane a bit in front of the body, I feel them much better how John does them in his videos straight to the side.

A couple of tweaks I've been doing to better feel the delts being worked..

Reverse pec deck 20-30 reps, straight elbows. Grip depends on what feels best that day or machine...some days a neutral grip I feel it more sometimes overhand

Mike Israetel type giant sets, not Milos. Pick a weight you can do for 20, grind your way up to a predetermined number resting as needed, I do 100.

Meadows side delt DB partials, definitely a new stimulus, heavyweight compared to what you would normally use.

Interesting I don't really feel his rear delt swings destroyers... watched multiple videos but feel nothing like using light weight for bent over flys or rvpd. It's a shame because Anything by John is gold... not sure why I can't feel them being hit.

Good old fashioned down the rack 2x, one set is 40-50 reps. Did these years ago didn't like, but started doing them again now that I understand proper form better, great pump.

They say the cables are better continuous tension but I feel DB much more especially with a little pause at the top. Many say do them in the plane a bit in front of the body, I feel them much better how John does them in his videos straight to the side.
Those Meadows delt partials and his whole methodology are just awesome. We lost a stud there. Great post I do the same type set up just not the giant sets I do several drop sets

Imo delts are key, If you have a big torso big chest wide back and the delts aren't proportional, hell I'd almost want to stop work them to look better, it's a very strange look.

My delts suck but aren't terribly disproportionate because I'm not a Big guy to begin with.

Trying to bring them up. Bro split, rest pause all parts to keep volume low so I can accommodate more shoulder volume during the week.

Delt day I go heavy rest pause focus on progress.
Side delt machine rest pause set
Side cable raise, hard to progress on so this is a drop set
Reverse pec dec rest paused set
Rear delt db fly rest paused set
Oh machine press rest pause set

Then in addition to my heavy low volume delt day, I add in a dropset for rear and side each at the end of legs and chest Day

So delt day is heavy, then some lighter drop set (15-20 on first part before dropping) on 2 other days of the week, so hit em 3x

Chest + light delts
Back
Legs + light delts
Off
Arms
Delts (heavy)
Off

If I'm recovering I'll probably add partials on the heavy day, or even add in some light delt work at the end of back and arms day.
Are you actually seeing any delt growth on this split? That’s an insane amount of volume. Directly/indirectly you’re hitting them 4 x pw! I can’t see how you’re going to progress on that sort of workload.

Are you actually seeing any delt growth on this split? That’s an insane amount of volume. Directly/indirectly you’re hitting them 4 x pw! I can’t see how you’re going to progress on that sort of workload.
I eat at matience not looking to grow, just stay lean, be healthy, make improvements if I can. But I do feel like high volume and high reps have given my limbs a much fuller look. Currently doing a 4 day split with some extra shoulder work at the end of each day.

I eat at matience not looking to grow, just stay lean, be healthy, make improvements if I can. But I do feel like high volume and high reps have given my limbs a much fuller look. Currently doing a 4 day split with some extra shoulder work at the end of each day.
In your words “trying to bring them up”, would suggest you’re looking to increase the size of said muscle surely? Or have I got this bodybuilding malarkey all confused again? 👀

In your words “trying to bring them up”, would suggest you’re looking to increase the size of said muscle surely? Or have I got this bodybuilding malarkey all confused again? 👀
Yes "bring them up" usually means adding muscle tissue which for an experienced lifter requires a surplus...if we want to be very specific. "Make improvements" can mean many things...I've heard many people say high volume higher reps give a different look.. manipulation in diet and training style. Not claiming "I started high volume high frequency and added 5lbs le
an tissue to my delts while losing 5lbs fat!!" 😉

So I guess a better answer to your question would be, based on my experience, delts/arms looking a little Fuller with increased frequency/volume and getting away from low volume/beating the log book...so continuing this style of training.

I have a wide chest, very wide clavicles, and big delts but they were never round or well capped until this year I started doing more shape and super high volume for the three heads as opposed to just pressing pressing, pressing and a dash of raises and rear delt flys and they’ve rounded out a bit. I’m no bigger, but I look bigger. Round delts aren’t always easy for short white guys lol

Seated high incline DB shoulders press. FULL rom. Take the dumbbells deep. I only use 65-75lbs.

High incline smith is also great.

Too boot I’ve got very healthy shoulders with years of competitive powerlifting mileage. I credit dislocates with a pvc pipe and 3D band pulls for keeping them healthy.

Attachments

• IMG_7817.jpeg
    IMG_7817.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 26
Seated high incline DB shoulders press. FULL rom. Take the dumbbells deep. I only use 65-75lbs.

High incline smith is also great.

Too boot I’ve got very healthy shoulders with years of competitive powerlifting mileage. I credit dislocates with a pvc pipe and 3D band pulls for keeping them healthy.
Odd phony looking picture with the weird purple backround. I do think the purple highlights your gyno though. I’d go with a white backround

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws