over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Did Gear Change Your Life?

football101

Registered
How did gear change your life? Are you happier or more upset that you started it etc... What were the positives and negatives and what type of things did starting gear effect in your daily life's? As opposed to before hand? Was it worth it? Are you happier now then you think you would of been having never touched it. Just curious seems like big investment in time and money for a lot of people as well as sacrifice and what not so was curious to see how your lives have changed? Just something more out of curiosity I was thinking about and figured if id ask best board to ask lol

Bro, that is one hell of a question! !!! I need to think a bit, the post Ives definitely out weight the negatives

Si Vis Pacem

I trained 16 years natural(14-30),people didn't even know I trained. After gear, I liked what I saw and people ask me questions about "supplements"....

I feel as tough my life is generally better than it was before anabolics, but that can be attributed to a variety of things that correspond to do different time periods. But anabolics definitely help me feel better in the moment.

definitely made my life better.

only wish I had started at a younger age lol

I used to be a woman and now I am a sexy man beast so I think it has changed my life a fair bit :D

There has been positives and negatives. Gear hasn't made me or broken me.

I have no regrets. I love bodybuilding! I trained naturally for 8 years and took it as far as I could. Adding gear completely reshaped my physique from a bulky looking guy into a shredded looking guy at the same body weight. I love the opportunities I've had come my way due to my life style choices. The way I do things now has changed significantly from how I had done things in years past in regards to gear. For the past year I have completely changed my way of looking at life. In the past all I cared about was winning shows and getting as freaky as possible. When my friend PD Devers had a stroke and heart attack last year it hit home with me. For the first time in my life I came to the realization that I actually would like to live a long life, and one day possibly start a family. I cut my AAS down by 2/3 and now have gone back to my original roots of trying to hold a Serge Nubret look at 210ish Lbs, instead of killing myself trying to look like Kai Greene, which with my genetics was never going to happen regardless of drugs.
People always try to tell you that if you don't have your health, you don't have anything. I never gave a shit about all that in the past. But last year before lowering my doses I felt like crap at least 50% of the time. I felt toxic most of the time and slept 16 hours a day. I was straight up poisoning myself taking 4 1/2 grams of gear a week. When you feel like crap all the time life just isn't much fun.
Now, I take around 1,400mg AAS, and most of that is safe anabolics. I haven't been sick in 10 months. I never feel toxic these days. I sleep normal hours, albeit crappy sleep due to sleep apnea. I fear doctors so I haven't looked into a sleep institute in order to get a cpap machine. Maybe one day I'll get the balls to follow through with it.
I love the attention I get looking the way AAS has helped me to look. Most everyone I meet is very kind and complimentary. I get treated like a famous person because of it. It keeps life fun.

Gear really changed my life. I had low test and trained naturally for ~ 4 years. I felt shitty all the time because i made little to no progress. After starting gear i felt better and also look way better than before.
I dont have to mention more energy

It definitely changed my life, otherwise I wouldnt do it. I trained from 14-20 years old with nothing. Then at 20 I took my first cycle (10 shots of deca, waste of time) and cycled twice a year lightly for the next several years.

When i moved out west at 24 I started staying on longer and longer, and since i dont compete I never wanted to stay on full time. It got harder and harder to come off.... So when I moved back east I stopped completely, and unfortunately didnt train for 2 years.

When I came back i trained natural for 2 years, then the past 3 summers (including this one) I have ran a light cycle (low test, primo and Var). So i have been back training year round for about 5 years. I think i found my happy medium, I dont get too big and when I come off i dont lose much. Diet and training are always in check...

Im about 225 ripped (ripped, not competition ripped), if not for steroids I would probably be 185-190 ripped and im 6 feet tall. So yeah it helps me stand out and makes me feel good....

Would i go back and not go on gear? simple answer is no.

But sometimes you do get niggles every now and then that you never started bodybuilding/gearing. Sometimes the constant jabbing does my head in, any more than 3-4 jabs a week and i frikkin hate it, thats why i loved/hated taking primo lol, because it was a great drug.

Sometimes i wish i had never started bodybuilding, because its very hard to maintain a 'normal' life socially with your family/friends, you try to balance it as much as you can, but at the end of the day, you can't live completely freely without bodybuilding on your mind. Anyone else feel like that?

However, with all the pros and cons, the way it makes me feel, the name i have been able to make for myself, not only for physique but for dedication it takes (especially from senior people) is always a nice thing to hear and feel. Having CEOs of your company pinpoint your arms and shoulders at a company of 1000 employees is always a good feeling!!

Also the chicks dig it, and will ignore all ugly facial features!

Cant say that gear has helped or hindered my life. Honestly I think my life changed when I started really living the bodybuilding lifestyle. Dieting all the time doing shows and what not. It gave me soooo much discipline. I went from being 5'7 250lbs fat drinking smoking lazy ass to a shredded 180lbs winning competitions in just 4 years. From eating junk food all the time to hardly ever eating junk food now. I mean I dont even think about junk food, drinking, or smoking anymore. I can go to any bar and just enjoy myself with my friends..sober. I made that decision because the guy who trained me always stressed that gear and alcohol plus rec drugs is a sure way to end up in a grave. Its just the lifestyle in general that changed me. I feel much better about myself, my confidence, and of course the gear gives me more energy. Is gear healthy? That's up for debate but being a fat lazy drinking smoking lazy ass sitting on the couch I know isnt healthy FOR SURE.

Last edited:
one of the best things in my life for numerous reasons..

But sometimes you do get niggles every now and then that you never started bodybuilding/gearing. Sometimes the constant jabbing does my head in, any more than 3-4 jabs a week and i frikkin hate it, thats why i loved/hated taking primo lol, because it was a great drug.

Sometimes i wish i had never started bodybuilding, because its very hard to maintain a 'normal' life socially with your family/friends, you try to balance it as much as you can, but at the end of the day, you can't live completely freely without bodybuilding on your mind. Anyone else feel like that?

However, with all the pros and cons, the way it makes me feel, the name i have been able to make for myself, not only for physique but for dedication it takes (especially from senior people) is always a nice thing to hear and feel. Having CEOs of your company pinpoint your arms and shoulders at a company of 1000 employees is always a good feeling!!

Oh yeah, whenever someone says damn man how long have you been working out? Or you get a great compliment like you got from your CEO... Then its all worth it.

Considering I was hypogonadal before touching jack... yes, gear, particular prescribed testosterone, has changed my life. I couldn't get erections, had hot flashes, was irritable, could not concentrate, lacked motivation and couldn't sleep.... some test changed all of that.

I also trained for 12 years and competed (sucessfully I should add) in natty orgs since I was 16

Last edited:

I can def respect your views on this.

Same here, almost exactly. had a friend die 2 weeks ago. he was 34, i'm 38. i just bought a home (my 1st) and i have a 6 month old son. looking at life alot differently since he was born, my wife doesn't understand, but she is 24 so i don't expect her to.

i also will never look like dennis wolf, no matter what i take, so why not lower the shit from here on out? there's no reason to do high doses, 5 different compounds, with gh. just stick to lower doses, keeping the heart healthy, getting bloodwork done and trying to see my son grow up to be a decent man.

I have no regrets. I love bodybuilding! I trained naturally for 8 years and took it as far as I could. Adding gear completely reshaped my physique from a bulky looking guy into a shredded looking guy at the same body weight. I love the opportunities I've had come my way due to my life style choices. The way I do things now has changed significantly from how I had done things in years past in regards to gear. For the past year I have completely changed my way of looking at life. In the past all I cared about was winning shows and getting as freaky as possible. When my friend PD Devers had a stroke and heart attack last year it hit home with me. For the first time in my life I came to the realization that I actually would like to live a long life, and one day possibly start a family. I cut my AAS down by 2/3 and now have gone back to my original roots of trying to hold a Serge Nubret look at 210ish Lbs, instead of killing myself trying to look like Kai Greene, which with my genetics was never going to happen regardless of drugs.
People always try to tell you that if you don't have your health, you don't have anything. I never gave a shit about all that in the past. But last year before lowering my doses I felt like crap at least 50% of the time. I felt toxic most of the time and slept 16 hours a day. I was straight up poisoning myself taking 4 1/2 grams of gear a week. When you feel like crap all the time life just isn't much fun.
Now, I take around 1,400mg AAS, and most of that is safe anabolics. I haven't been sick in 10 months. I never feel toxic these days. I sleep normal hours, albeit crappy sleep due to sleep apnea. I fear doctors so I haven't looked into a sleep institute in order to get a cpap machine. Maybe one day I'll get the balls to follow through with it.
I love the attention I get looking the way AAS has helped me to look. Most everyone I meet is very kind and complimentary. I get treated like a famous person because of it. It keeps life fun.

How did gear change your life? Are you happier or more upset that you started it etc... What were the positives and negatives and what type of things did starting gear effect in your daily life's? As opposed to before hand? Was it worth it? Are you happier now then you think you would of been having never touched it. Just curious seems like big investment in time and money for a lot of people as well as sacrifice and what not so was curious to see how your lives have changed? Just something more out of curiosity I was thinking about and figured if id ask best board to ask lol

I definitely accelerated my predisposition for hair loss. I have bitch tits that will need to be surgically removed at some point. I gained enough weight to require a CPAP. My BP also took a slight hit.

On a positive note....I look great on gear. Sometimes I feel great, other times I am stressed (lack of sleep).

No doubt gear makes working out more fun, however for most of us this is not sustainable. Your health will take a serious hit by staying on for years and years.

Staying on year round was a mistake in hindsight. You do not realize how clear you can think OFF GEAR. I know it sounds strange, however it is like a cloud is lifted on your mind.

Gear has had both a positive and negative affect on my libido. It is either hyper or hypo.

The average joe should stay away from gear. Simple as that. Believe it or not....You are the only one who gives a shit how 'big' you are. The majority of women could care less.

One last thing...Financially it is a big commitment - with huge potential to be ripped off. This aint the 90's or earlier. No honor among sources.

Last edited:
I would say it has made my life better in every aspect EXCEPT maybe that it is a bit of a money pit, although everyone has something they spend disposable income on so whatever floats your boat right?

I definitely get way more attention than I used to from women and men BUT, aside from that gear has literally made me a manlier man. I used to be around 128 lbs out of college and these days I'm lean at 200 lbs at 31 yrs old. I am more confident, well spoken, level headed, etc. Maybe it's just growing up too but I definitely think testosterone has changed my brain chemistry.

I haven't had any health problems but then again I've only been using since I was 27 so 5 years now so far. I get blood work done here and there but I know I need to go more regularly. I feel great. I have not lost any hair, have not gotten any bad acne (just one zit here and there), no gyno, nothing. I am just greasier in the face and my sex drive can be insatiable at times and I am always hungry.

There was one year where I got a bit crazy with doses and like others mentioned in this thread, I felt toxic. Bloated, lethargic, moody, hot flashes, had to nap every day.. in retrospect quality of life sucked. I treated some women poorly, lost one girlfriend an almost lost my current one. BUT I am smarter with it now and know not to do stupid things.

Hopefully I can use and be healthy for the rest of my life. No sense in "accepting" aging and being a frail old man right? Nope, not for me. I am very happy I took the plunge years ago and will continue using for as long as I can.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity