advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

difference between whey protein isolate cold filtration and microfiltrated?

jt7

Registered
what if any are the differences as far as digestion and absorption?

what if any are the differences as far as digestion and absorption?

I'm not sure, but if you check on truenutrition's website you can at least see the differences (if any) in the amino acid profiles. That should at least let you know which one is more pure.

cold filtered won't denature protein, since its not heated. not sure about microfiltered, but i know cold filtered is suppose to be one of the best.

cold filtered won't denature protein, since its not heated. not sure about microfiltered, but i know cold filtered is suppose to be one of the best.

You denature protein when you cook it i.e. eggs or beef etc that's why it can't ever go back to its original shape. Is denaturing of whey protein even an issue? (I'm really not sure, hoping others chime in here)

I read everything on the website and that's what lead me to the questions as the price is very close and I didn't know what I should buy on a consistent basis.

is it fair to say your overthinking it? Eat, drink protein, take supps, work hard and grow. If there is some difference in the lab or some study, you will never realize the difference in real world.

is it fair to say your overthinking it? Eat, drink protein, take supps, work hard and grow. If there is some difference in the lab or some study, you will never realize the difference in real world.

Exactly. There really can't be much of a difference.

New here not to the internet tho, this my first post.

-At the end of the day whole food sources are better than powders.
-Powders are epically good during and post workout because the powder is made to be absorbed fast, an when you all should be familiar with the window post workout you absorb nutrients more rapidly.
-I know that CFM whey isolate that CrossFlowMicrofiltration it's of the best quality some supp company use the formula (glanbia) , it's pharm grade powder.

-Powders are epically good during and post workout because the powder is made to be absorbed fast, an when you all should be familiar with the window post workout you absorb nutrients more rapidly.
-I know that CFM whey isolate that CrossFlowMicrofiltration it's of the best quality some supp company use the formula (glanbia) , it's pharm grade powder.

Why are whole food sources better than powders? I have done the majority of this prep getting probably 1/2 my protein intake per day from powders and am looking my best ever (probably not correlated, but my point is that it hasn't hurt me).

Shelby Starnes just released a video saying he uses a lot of powder.

Many other big guys here use a lot of powder.

Why are whole food sources better than powders? I have done the majority of this prep getting probably 1/2 my protein intake per day from powders and am looking my best ever (probably not correlated, but my point is that it hasn't hurt me).

I was just about to make the same point about Shelby who said that its silly to think that whole foods are any better than protein powders. It's hard to argue with an IFBB pro that continually has some of the best conditioning on this board and in bodybuilding period. Not to mention the crazy gains Shelby has made over the last 2-3 years.

Last edited:
I believe jjb1 at one point a couple years ago was getting 100% of his protein from powders. And yeah, he looked pretty damn spiffy

Wasn't there a pro years ago that would prep pretty much on MRP's only?

This sounds like a BB.com crap post.

I just use any compete protein source towards my macros be it Meat, eggs, fish, Greek yogurt or whey. I user a cheap toffee flavored impact whey that is been tested and Come out well and is great flavoring for stuff. Seems to work absolutely fine. More money for test and peptides:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

denaturing makes protein easier to digest.
you eat cooked meat, cooked eggs, blah blah, it's easier to digest than raw. basically it's hydrolyzed is all.
make cheese, drain and dehydrate the whey, viola.
everything else about whey is just marketing.

I think both powder and whole food both have a place for good nutrition. I like the combination of both on a daily basis. Works for me. Makes it easy to get more protein in.

I knew the difference YEARS ago when I was only into supplements but if I'm not mistaking I believe the biggest difference in how they are filtered is their vitamins and nutrition they hold vs. how fast they digest.

When the speed of the digestion changes they usually call it something different and charge more. Like hydrolyzed is pre-digested and pepto-pro.

ok ok sorry not better I guess for the short term, but youd be missing out, but to do that all the time...come on.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131