over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Discussion on fruit as carb source

GettingBigger

Newbies
I've seen several boards where people have been using fruit as a staple carb. Like many i've been told that fruit is a no no, as the fructose is not the ideal carb.

I'd like to get a thread going on what types of fruit are better than others?? More specifically do some have better thermogenic affect.

Secondly how and when can they be incorporated. Should they be used in a meal alone as the carb source (ie: Protein and fruit) or (protein, fruit, and starch).

Hopefully we can have a good discussion.

Totally depends on what your doing. For example fruits "can" be used as a tool while using slin ( depending on what the rest of your diet looks like) ..or bananna's during precontest for potasium.

Other examples of use, Sometimes I'll use them in conjunction with other longer burning carbs as alomost a time release of energy. Simple's will be used fairly quick, backed by complex.

Or even as a post workout meal to promote insulin release, similar to chocolate bars.

Its just a tool like anything else. Not really much use alone IMO unless your looking to add fat :)

Vague

Frusciante said:
Totally depends on what your doing. For example fruits "can" be used as a tool while using slin ( depending on what the rest of your diet looks like) ..or bananna's during precontest for potasium.

Other examples of use, Sometimes I'll use them in conjunction with other longer burning carbs as alomost a time release of energy. Simple's will be used fairly quick, backed by complex.

Or even as a post workout meal to promote insulin release, similar to chocolate bars.

Its just a tool like anything else. Not really much use alone IMO unless your looking to add fat :)

So you are saying that alone, fruits are going to make me fat? If I eat an orange, I will get fat? Know how to use them and they will be your best friend.

$$$$

Used them almost exclusively we're talking 98% exclusive right up until contest... Whew! Glad I'm a mythbuster and they didn't have to roll me on stage. I lost 50lbs....

I'll let you work with Phil. If you really want to know pay someone who KNOWS for REAL knowledge rather then pay homage to a magazine or book where they will say ANYTHING to make sell some copies $$$$.

Think about it. At the gym usually who has the biggest OPINION?? Is it the guy that's actually "tried" it or done it? No, it's the folks that are all talk.

fruits contain different sugars, some are a combo, i found a book that list differant fruits and the sugars they contain.
i would also like to here more on this as i read that fructose or high fructose? avoids the insulin response, i think paul borreson was saying this - not sure though.

Juicy fruits help keep your blood alkaline, which is very important since a high protein diet is so acidic. If your blood chemistry is off, you won't be able to lose fat or gain muscle efficiently. I love fruits in my diet. Thanks Phil!

Your welcome

DIEZEL666 said:
Juicy fruits help keep your blood alkaline, which is very important since a high protein diet is so acidic. If your blood chemistry is off, you won't be able to lose fat or gain muscle efficiently. I love fruits in my diet. Thanks Phil!

Now go have a guava, on me.

PHIL HERNON said:
So you are saying that alone, fruits are going to make me fat? If I eat an orange, I will get fat? Know how to use them and they will be your best friend.

lol, your right Phil, I wasn't being clear lol. Fruit is good for the soul. I was thinking in extremes such as it being used as a source of fuel in much larger qantities. (big assed bowl and being the only source of carbs for a meal a few times a day loll)

I stand by what I said though...its a tool and it all depends on how its used.

I do eat fruits right up to my shows too...

They can also aid against a constipating diet

jawbreakerkid said:
I have been dieting for a few months, when I added fruit into my diet my composition began to change dramatically.

for better or for worse?

PHIL HERNON said:
Now go have a guava, on me.

Phil, I don't care how many times you ask, I'm not going to eat anything off of you! And quit sending me those pictures of the pump. You're starting to creep me out.

I knew a guy that ate oranges almost exclusively for about three months. Needless to say, he lost a lot of weight; like Tom Hank in Philadelphia a lot.

JBK...

jawbreakerkid said:
LMAO Pickels, for the better, I just realized that post was pretty vague

Fruit gotta have it!

Your are a real peach i tell ya! :p

Mr.Huge

fruit is good, but like anything can be over-done, while it is a simple sugar, it is fructose which although is a carb does not release much insulin

I never eat fruits, but 1 timea week i use to take a peach juice with sugar after insulin after workout or when my carb shake is over. and works fine.
The same day of the show i useto take 4 to 5 oranges to refresh myself and have some sugars and potasium.

Dayum

DIEZEL666 said:
Phil, I don't care how many times you ask, I'm not going to eat anything off of you! And quit sending me those pictures of the pump. You're starting to creep me out.

hahahaha always frontin me out!!

Glycemic index can vary on some fruit depending on the state of ripeness.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131