mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do people hate on your physique or is it always compliments ?

Who gives a rats ass what others think about your physique.

It should only matter to you and you alone. You should be able to look at yourself and see what your strengths and weaknesses are and what you should work on. Don't rely on other peoples feedback. 95% of the time, unless you have a good friend, coach or wife/lady to critique your physique, people will feed you bull shit.

Best comment yet! Truth.

for the most part i GET MOSTLY positive comments from strangers etc

but i find as ive got bigger the haters start to come out

i was very thin at 185 at 5'11 now im 280 5 years later

the haters are never from bigger guys its always the smaller guys under 200 ..

i find with bodybuilders they usually show love

theres a difference between constructive crtitism no nones perfect than being a hater

Can you post a pic? Just curious what your 280 looks like. Threads like this always intrigue me. Generally if you are nice to everyone most will be nice back. It's usually the guys that walk around with an attitude that attract haters. But sure there will always be haters no matter now nice you are. But those haters are mainly the behind your back kind or on the internet etc. Most won't have guys be idiots to their face due to them being big or muscular... maybe if they are drunk. Then there are the idiots who say I used to look like you, my brother is bigger than you etc etc... but they aren't really hating most of the time just idiots.

I don't really get anything. I guess if I am on a night out I get people be nice or say I am big and weirdly others seem intimidated until they actually speak to me. No haters. I cover up in the gym and in the day so you can't really tell what I look like. If anything it is the big guys that may look funny. They tend to be the most insecure cos they aim for the same thing (big and muscular). Bodybuilders tend to be extremely insecure. They can appreciate the hard work of other bodybuilders but say you have a big person in the gym then a much bigger guy walks in... well you guys know what I mean :D

Last edited:
Also, I notice a lot of the hate is from people who met you when you were skinny. The new people and strangers are more the complimentary type.

Also a lot of females will automatically assume you're self obsessed and have no personality, but one the most fun things to do is to surprise them with wit and humor.

for the most part i GET MOSTLY positive comments from strangers etc

but i find as ive got bigger the haters start to come out

i was very thin at 185 at 5'11 now im 280 5 years later

the haters are never from bigger guys its always the smaller guys under 200 ..

i find with bodybuilders they usually show love

theres a difference between constructive crtitism no nones perfect than being a hater

Like with 99.9% of people who leave their homes and deal with people, I am pretty sure there were haters when you were 185 pounds as well. No matter what anyone does, physical or otherwise, someone will likely talk negatively of them. It's happen to me more than enough times, and at this point of life I really don't care!

I actually think a lot of lifters, who wear their hobby, so to speak, LIKE the hate, as if it's some time of cross to bear that makes them feel special and/or crucified.
Eg: "Look at me. My life is so tough because people poke fun at my big muscles" (of all things to be taken so seriously, lol).

sad but true

Men fear ridicule the way women fear violence.

I love the haters and thank the ones that give positive complements .. I did this to myself and I love it!

Let them hate and be jel of your hard work ..

I read this quote when I first joined the board, I was going through some shit in life and found myself in the "Life support" thread a lot. I read a lot of profound things in there, but this one seemed very powerful and I have it written on a sheet that I keep in my center counsel in my car.

I feel like it relates to your question in regards to all the haters out there.

"Anyone who tries to bring anyone else down for doing something that makes them happy is a negative leech. There are spectators in this life, and participants. If you pay attention, you will notice almost zero people who are pursuing their own dream and are happy will ever cut someone down for doing pursuing theirs. They might not understand it, or poke a little fun at it, but in the end there is a mutual respect. Then there is the other 95%, who are in the audience and always will be, because their deep seeded unhappiness will stop them from doing what they love and then they just spew their frustrations out on others".

I wish I knew who said it. It had a big impact on my life, along with the great people who participated in that thread at the time.

Last edited:
never got any hate (that I know of) when I was big and lean. now I am mainly concerned with health and have downsized 20lbs so far and when I mention getting my old look back I get all kind of hate lol "you look better now" "you didn't look healthy" "you look like you now" "you look good thinner" blah blah blah but those same people NEVER said anything negative when I was bigger n leaner....:st:r-wars
-F2S

never got any hate (that I know of) when I was big and lean. now I am mainly concerned with health and have downsized 20lbs so far and when I mention getting my old look back I get all kind of hate lol "you look better now" "you didn't look healthy" "you look like you now" "you look good thinner" blah blah blah but those same people NEVER said anything negative when I was bigger n leaner....:st:r-wars
-F2S

how big do you get....???

I have been paid the ultimate in compliments, that everyone in the gym is trying to look like You.
As far as the Haters, A glance of an eye puts them in there place instantly!
Looking forward to a Great Summer among both, lovers and haters.

how big do you get....???

I was never really THAT big imo. 5'11" and at biggest n lean was 222 lbs. I am about 200lbs now. its amazing what a 20lbs difference makes. depressing really...
-F2S

Also, I notice a lot of the hate is from people who met you when you were skinny. The new people and strangers are more the complimentary type.

Also a lot of females will automatically assume you're self obsessed and have no personality, but one the most fun things to do is to surprise them with wit and humor.

This is so true! I have noticed exactly the same thing.

Women either assume you're self absorbed or stupid it seems. They can't believe bodybuilders have personalities and intelligence. Crazy concept.

People only hate on your physique if your a dick head.

Its all about how you carry yourself.

Perfect example: Jersey Shore Mike the situation.

How many guys probably bash him. But in all reality his physique was pretty decent. Im sure its a lot better then a lot of trolls on the internet.

Reactions from women vary. Some women are very positive, with a lot of friendly banter and flirting. Others will be curious and maybe a bit reluctant to give you straight out complements, so they give you an off the wall one. While others will say something like, I hate guys that think their all hot and $hit. That's before I even say two words.

With guys, it's usually pretty positive. A lot of "you must spend a lot of time in the gym" comments. Then they immediately go into when they were last in shape...and how they had arms as big or bigger than mine. And I'm thinking, really, those used to be 19 inches? Maybe your legs but your arms? But I simply smile and nod

But then you get the guys that want to start something...as long as they can do it from a safe distance. I was walking down the street the other day and the traffic was backed up. A guy in a pickup, rolled down his window and said, I bet you think you are pretty tough with all those muscles huh? I usually ignore them..except of course when I'm on tren.

Reactions from women vary. Some women are very positive, with a lot of friendly banter and flirting. Others will be curious and maybe a bit reluctant to give you straight out complements, so they give you an off the wall one. While others will say something like, I hate guys that think their all hot and $hit. That's before I even say two words.

Yup, some will get all wet and horny and others will think you're a douche. Can't please everyone lol

semi-related..

I added a couple IFBB pro bodybuilders on my myspace page

my feed has become a nonstop display of fucking selfies... I mean holy shit.

these people are so fucking vain it's crazy.

(the IFBB pro's profile friends, not the pros themselves btw).

semi-related..

I'm more surprised you still have a myspace. How's tom doing these days?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

semi-related..

Myspace? Is it 2006?:D:D:D:D

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
billions.must.lift