advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you have dudes who do "martial arts" type of shit at the gym ?

This is a true story, on Friday and Saturday nights a group of kids in their 20s come into the gym about 9:30 every week dressed up like they are going out clubbing. They do a little chest, bis, tris, shoulders etc. So a couple weeks go by and I finally asked what they are doing. And one kids response was "gettn swole b4 going clubbing"! It happens in the states too! To each their own!

Haha. I think that's fucking great. If it increases the odds of getting some pussy for them then it's time we'll spent:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have any of that stupid shit at the gym I go to thank goodness, but there is one asshole that uses the smith machine for squats with 1 25 lb plate on each side. He does 1 set, than he stretches on that big blue ball for about 10 minutes, does another set with same weight, stretches again for 10-15 minutes.. and this goes on for about 90 minutes.

Me and my girl wanted to use the smith machine as the other one needed repair work (they only have 2), so we waited for a bit, than asked if he was done when he was stretching, no such luck.... so we switched up the muscle groups we were gonna work that day, did our workout, and when we were leaving the gym, he was still doing his "set" of "heavy squats" and stretches. Man I wanted to punch him.

I don't have any of that stupid shit at the gym I go to thank goodness, but there is one asshole that uses the smith machine for squats with 1 25 lb plate on each side. He does 1 set, than he stretches on that big blue ball for about 10 minutes, does another set with same weight, stretches again for 10-15 minutes.. and this goes on for about 90 minutes.

Me and my girl wanted to use the smith machine as the other one needed repair work (they only have 2), so we waited for a bit, than asked if he was done when he was stretching, no such luck.... so we switched up the muscle groups we were gonna work that day, did our workout, and when we were leaving the gym, he was still doing his "set" of "heavy squats" and stretches. Man I wanted to punch him.

....that surprises me. From my experience, asking politely "hey do you mind if I work in with you?" is almost always followed by "this is my last set," in a super defensive manner. Maybe I'm the only one this happens to haha.

Lol you don't ask to "work in" you tell them you're working in on the squat rack...then load it up and if they're not quite done they can take care of all the plates...don't give in to them scrawny lil fags!!!

That's when you walk over and politely remove his weights then start using the smith machine.

You should have, as it would have made for a better story:D

I do Brazilian Jiu jitsu, Mma muy thai boxing ect.... I never shadow box anywhere except my gym. I laugh my ass off at how bad the shadow boxing is. We just got a heavy bag too....hilarious. The big problem I have with it is the guys are doing it to look tough & mean...but just look silly to anyone who knows. Another source is the trainer dudes holding mitts for someone....if you wanna box, join a boxing gym. If you wanna fight, go learn how. I'm a big believer in cross training, but I don't rock climb at a crossfit place or kickboxing at Golds.....

This thread contains all of the major reasons why I hardly ever go to commercial gyms anymore.

I would love a real martial arts gym is Brooklyn that also had free weights and some racks. Its to expensive to go to both gyms.

The martial arts gym i went to for awhile only had the option of crossfit for weights...gross

Is it me or everyone is into the cross fit, lean scrawny look? In the past it seemed that there was much greater proportion of BBs in gyms. Now its all the 180 lbs and ripped look. Everyone is wearing those shocking pink or yellow training shoes etc.

We have a couple of heavy bags in the gym that I lift in that I will occasionally hit for a warmup or because I feel like it. I should preface this by saying that I boxed Golden Gloves and had a few Muay Thai fights (will be traveling to Thailand to fight in December) so I know what I'm doing when I hit the bag. I'll normally warm up with a round of shadowboxing because that's just what you do, but NEVER in the weights section of the gym. There are a couple of high level MMA fighters at my gym who do the same. I've never noticed any side-eyed glances my way and have been approached by some of the BBers for tips on throwing punches or kicks. All good. I do my Muay Thai training at a Muay Thai gym.

That being said, there is nothing I hate more than the guys that come in not knowing what the hell they're doing. In particular there's one rather large gentleman who does nothing else than come in, wrap his hands, and pathetically punch at the heavy bag for two rounds, getting completely gassed out in the process. He then spends about an hour walking around with the handwraps on starting up conversations. Never seen this guy pick up a weight or do any cardio so you know he's just there trying to look like a badass. Infuriating.

But on another tip, what's up with crossfitters taking up the squat rack to do 1 deadlift before running around the gym doing pullups, etc for five minutes? Shouldn't you be in a warehouse somewhere lifting rocks?

I guess I don't take lifting as serious as others cuz I purposely signed up at a gym because when I wen to look at it there was a obese pale white guy in UnderArmour skin tight top cut off jean shorts and under armpit leggings doing some ancient form of fat fucker preying mantis Kung fu in front of the dumbbell racks. I about got a hernia laughing so hard I paid my gym dues and signed on. On a bad day I go just to watch the show and laugh if it a good day I go when I know he not there.

He even does the Bruce Lee battle cry on certain "moves" shit is hilarious. Last time I seen him he fell after a spinning jump kick and knocked over a bunch of shit.

There is a punching bag at my gym and it is pure entertainment. Now the whole gym knows you don't know how to train or fight

I guess I don't take lifting as serious as others cuz I purposely signed up at a gym because when I wen to look at it there was a obese pale white guy in UnderArmour skin tight top cut off jean shorts and under armpit leggings doing some ancient form of fat fucker preying mantis Kung fu in front of the dumbbell racks. I about got a hernia laughing so hard I paid my gym dues and signed on. On a bad day I go just to watch the show and laugh if it a good day I go when I know he not there.

He even does the Bruce Lee battle cry on certain "moves" shit is hilarious. Last time I seen him he fell after a spinning jump kick and knocked over a bunch of shit.

PUHHLEEEEZE film that and post it here!! Lol - sounds freaking awesome.. I know some people get pissed about guys like that but god bless their crazy asses I love em!!! :D

Is it me or everyone is into the cross fit, lean scrawny look? In the past it seemed that there was much greater proportion of BBs in gyms. Now its all the 180 lbs and ripped look. Everyone is wearing those shocking pink or yellow training shoes etc.

You need to watch the CrossFit games on ESPN - there are some pretty jacked looking cats on there... I mean they aren't anywhere near the size and shape of the studs here on PM but come on man - who is??? Seriously - they have some guys that you can tell take their weight training seriously.. That shit looks BRUTAL!!

PUHHLEEEEZE film that and post it here!! Lol - sounds freaking awesome.. I know some people get pissed about guys like that but god bless their crazy asses I love em!!! :D

Haha it is awesome he is extra-ordinary. When I get off this rig I will video him.

Why not just have some patience and tolerance for some guys trying to get a chest and arms. Most of us all started out like that, but then progressed to a serious nature. Well, many of us came from athletic backgrounds, so we had a good base. As long as the chest and bi's crowd don't bother you "ïntra"workout, who cares. Make sure they don't see you purple, sweating, and out of breath.

Worry less about what other people do and logically you will worry less in general. Worrying less in general implies more happiness, under the assumption that worrying decreases happiness.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws