advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you think that eating clean is stopping you?

Why force feed yourself.
Phil Hernon - eat only when hungry, if your not hungry figure out the reason ie... not training hard enough, too little or too much gear, toxicity, over training ect.
BEST THING I LEARNED ON THIS BOARD!
I think in my case will be too little gear…

I do the same. This is good for guys like us who are more in maintenance mode but if you really want to strive to be the best this probably wont cut it
True. Very true.

This subject is so vast you could write for hours. Everyone does better using different approaches. Obviously if a guy is terrified of putting on any fat/water he is never going to be as big as he can be. The opposite can be said for guys who try to get as big as possible eating everything in site and they hit a wall and they put on unnecessary fat. I could go into detail but there is no real point but if I were to things such as digestion, insulin sensitivity, inflammation and well being would be mentioned.

Genetics vary massively. Even if you aren't a genetic elite your body type and metabolism are huge factors. When I was younger I could have ate anything because I was tall and skinny and struggled to gain weight until I took in a huge amounts of calories. There is a limit to everything though and say I did eat everything in site including junk food it would eventually slow down. Forcing food down over years has a bad effect. Many of the guys who done that may have gotten big and even lean but they have blown out waists and it only went against their look.

Some guys don't have waist genetics on their side so even with careful eating and gradually moving up in calories over years and doing everything correct they still have wide waists. Some guys have great genetics and can get away with much more. It should go without stating anyone force feeding huge amount of food (especially junk food) over years is going to have a host of issues down the road (heart, cholesterol, kidneys, liver, insulin etc). There are things you can do to mitigate that damage but no matter what eating like that especially when combined with pushing drugs will only damage you.

I am all for pushing things but there has to be a limit and things need to be done over time. Just like you shouldn't double your doses over night you shouldn't double your food. Some people actually do better with some junk food in there but what people consider as "junk food" can be very different. Fried chicken and a grilled beefburger are very different things. 80 pieces of sushi and 20 pieces are also very different. You only live once so if you enjoy some junk food have it but once every 2 weeks is different to once daily. This is all basic stuff with the point being every situation is different and eating clean doesn't have to mean never having "treats".

The answer for many usually lies somewhere in the middle. It may take longer but you will feel and look better by the end of it. Most of us wanted to push up in weight in the past and get as big as possible (within reason) and there are many ways to do that. But none of the guys I know who pushed everything and got really fat in the process are doing too great now. Some people can get away with it but most can't. Even the gentic elites can't get away with it because many done that and pushed the size at all times and they were told the guts on stages are getting out of hand.

There has to be balance and anyone who values an aesthetic physique should never force food. If you are having issues with appetite/digestion/bloating you should find out why you are having those issues. Obviously your body doesn't want to be 260 pounds and lean so sometimes you have to force a meal down so I don't want to mistake my meaning of forcing food as that to me is a long term thing. Sometimes you may not want to eat and it takes some effort but if you are constantly bloated and forcing food that's not doing you any good in the long run.

OP reading your other posts and I agree. A lot of bodybuilders just copy so they eat chicken and rice all day and it doesn't have to be that way. I think the issue for most is a lack of cooking skills, creativity with food and knowledge of bodybuilder friendly foods. Chicken and rice over and over is just boring but it can be effective. If however you get bored and struggle you could make a giant soup/broth. Fill it with loads of chicken, barley potatoes or rice, various vegetables etc. Make homemade lower fat burgers with sweet potatoe fries. Make a lower fat high protein spaghetti bolognese with loads of herbs and spices. Throwing these type of meals in with your meat, rice and veg/fruit meals and you are onto a winner. Not eating "clean" doesn't have to mean eating dirty.

Sorry I just rambled on with this post but I think I got it back on track :eek::D

This subject is so vast you could write for hours. Everyone does better using different approaches. Obviously if a guy is terrified of putting on any fat/water he is never going to be as big as he can be. The opposite can be said for guys who try to get as big as possible eating everything in site and they hit a wall and they put on unnecessary fat. I could go into detail but there is no real point but if I were to things such as digestion, insulin sensitivity, inflammation and well being would be mentioned.

Genetics vary massively. Even if you aren't a genetic elite your body type and metabolism are huge factors. When I was younger I could have ate anything because I was tall and skinny and struggled to gain weight until I took in a huge amounts of calories. There is a limit to everything though and say I did eat everything in site including junk food it would eventually slow down. Forcing food down over years has a bad effect. Many of the guys who done that may have gotten big and even lean but they have blown out waists and it only went against their look.

Some guys don't have waist genetics on their side so even with careful eating and gradually moving up in calories over years and doing everything correct they still have wide waists. Some guys have great genetics and can get away with much more. It should go without stating anyone force feeding huge amount of food (especially junk food) over years is going to have a host of issues down the road (heart, cholesterol, kidneys, liver, insulin etc). There are things you can do to mitigate that damage but no matter what eating like that especially when combined with pushing drugs will only damage you.

I am all for pushing things but there has to be a limit and things need to be done over time. Just like you shouldn't double your doses over night you shouldn't double your food. Some people actually do better with some junk food in there but what people consider as "junk food" can be very different. Fried chicken and a grilled beefburger are very different things. 80 pieces of sushi and 20 pieces are also very different. You only live once so if you enjoy some junk food have it but once every 2 weeks is different to once daily. This is all basic stuff with the point being every situation is different and eating clean doesn't have to mean never having "treats".

The answer for many usually lies somewhere in the middle. It may take longer but you will feel and look better by the end of it. Most of us wanted to push up in weight in the past and get as big as possible (within reason) and there are many ways to do that. But none of the guys I know who pushed everything and got really fat in the process are doing too great now. Some people can get away with it but most can't. Even the gentic elites can't get away with it because many done that and pushed the size at all times and they were told the guts on stages are getting out of hand.

There has to be balance and anyone who values an aesthetic physique should never force food. If you are having issues with appetite/digestion/bloating you should find out why you are having those issues. Obviously your body doesn't want to be 260 pounds and lean so sometimes you have to force a meal down so I don't want to mistake my meaning of forcing food as that to me is a long term thing. Sometimes you may not want to eat and it takes some effort but if you are constantly bloated and forcing food that's not doing you any good in the long run.

OP reading your other posts and I agree. A lot of bodybuilders just copy so they eat chicken and rice all day and it doesn't have to be that way. I think the issue for most is a lack of cooking skills, creativity with food and knowledge of bodybuilder friendly foods. Chicken and rice over and over is just boring but it can be effective. If however you get bored and struggle you could make a giant soup/broth. Fill it with loads of chicken, barley potatoes or rice, various vegetables etc. Make homemade lower fat burgers with sweet potatoe fries. Make a lower fat high protein spaghetti bolognese with loads of herbs and spices. Throwing these type of meals in with your meat, rice and veg/fruit meals and you are onto a winner. Not eating "clean" doesn't have to mean eating dirty.

Sorry I just rambled on with this post but I think I got it back on track :eek::D
Last few sentences are literally what I meant , good tasty food which is appealing also has a very important aspect which many people neglect- if you make healthy food tasty your body will better digest it. Even something as small as visual presentation on a plate has a huge impact how your body will react to it. Also you have touch very
important aspect regarding variety. I was reading few times in a past that if you eat the same food all over again you can became: allergic to it and also you make your body very inefficient with production of digestive enzymes- in short the more you eat the same the more you will have a problem digest anything else. There is a reason why you dont do peak week on any new food - you will have allergic reaction to it. That is also a reason why almost anybody who have a real touch with nutrition will say that varied diet is a must not only for providing various nutrients but also for reason i stated before. Right now I have a problem i never had before . I am eating over 600 carbs a day and the moment I introduced gh i literally getting leaner and leaner - like my body literally burning through all this food and it is still not enough. I am even adding coconut oil to my rice to add more fats to the diet but that still not helping. Every day I see veins in a new places. Literally my weight started to drop. I even stopped doing cardio. And this is only on 2iu 😁. I cant even imagine taking 4 or more. I was always ecto as a kid i was living on noodles haribo and was thin as a stick. Look almost like by adding gh to my arsenal i came back to time when I was 16 😁

Even if one's cooking skills are ZERO, there're dozens of different calories-free sauces (some brands make very good tasting stuff) and frozen/canned grilled veggies to make the goddamn rice+chicken much less sickening boring with no effort and/or abilities.

Even if one's cooking skills are ZERO, there're dozens of different calories-free sauces (some brands make very good tasting stuff) and frozen/canned grilled veggies to make the goddamn rice+chicken much less sickening boring with no effort and/or abilities.
That is also true

Why force feed yourself.
Phil Hernon - eat only when hungry, if your not hungry figure out the reason ie... not training hard enough, too little or too much gear, toxicity, over training ect.
BEST THING I LEARNED ON THIS BOARD!
THIS! I've made the best gains of my life in the last month by doing a bit more cardio and not taking any orals, my appetite is through the roof to the point where I think I could probably get away with eating more. But I weight less than 180 and am eating 5000 on workout days so its starting to get silly. I also do post meal walks so I don't blow up my stomach from the food volume.

A decade ago I couldn't afford to eat clean and get those calories in st the same time. This is gonna sound bad but I was eating 5 Mcdoubles 4 times a day on top of my shakes and eggs and such. I did gain the most size I ever gained in a not so long period of time at all. I retained a good amountof water but didn't retain alot of fat. There's now way my body could handle thst garbage now.

A decade ago I couldn't afford to eat clean and get those calories in st the same time. This is gonna sound bad but I was eating 5 Mcdoubles 4 times a day on top of my shakes and eggs and such. I did gain the most size I ever gained in a not so long period of time at all. I retained a good amountof water but didn't retain alot of fat. There's now way my body could handle thst garbage now.
5 McDoubles 4x a day is 8,000cal alone.

No shot

I would too now. I'd slow down and feel like garbage all day, every day. I can't eat any fast food anymore without gulping some pepto and sitting on the toilet. I don't touch it anymore.

I have always ate fairly clean all my life apart from the odd treat (chinese buffet being a fav) but I did go through a period of eating double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. I would eat 6 at a time and done that daily for a few months. They used to go straight through me and so not great but also good in the sense I could eat all those calories/protein and be hungry again 2-3 hours later. I imagine the doubles in the US are twice the size as the doubles in the UK though :D

I have always ate fairly clean all my life apart from the odd treat (chinese buffet being a fav) but I did go through a period of eating double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. I would eat 6 at a time and done that daily for a few months. They used to go straight through me and so not great but also good in the sense I could eat all those calories/protein and be hungry again 2-3 hours later. I imagine the doubles in the US are twice the size as the doubles in the UK though :D
When I ate them it wasn't bad on my stomach surprisingly. If I look at McDonald's now I get a stomach ache. I thought the same as you. Eat all of those dirty calories and still be hungry again in no time. Lol. If it didn't mess up my stomach I'd probably do it again for a few months and go back to eating clean again but eating at McDonald's now costs as much as a decent restaurant meal.

I think the Goldilocks approach is best, as is most things in life. Add a sane amount of calories….make sure the scale is moving about a pound a week…over a 16 week course, you’re up 16lbs….how fat are you? Too fat? Pull off 7-8lbs of fluff….bulk again a little less aggressively or change something that might skew the muscle/fat gain.

Maybe you gained 16lbs and killed it, you are just slightly softer. Just repeat

My appetite has never been the limiting factor in my growth - so I could definitely have done without eating junk food

I could get fat off of white fish just through sheer quantity I’d be table to take down. Maybe not really, but you get the idea.

If I could go back in time, I never would have ‘bulked’.

This thread has more to do with knowing how to cook food then it has to do with clean/dirty calories.

If you could make chicken and rice delicious, you wouldn’t choose to eat McDonald’s. Simple as that. “Ahh we’ll I have no appetite,” yes you do. You’re just bored as fuck with meat and rice and you still drool over a Whopper. No shit. Learn how to season, learn how to marinade, learn how to change the way you cook every couple weeks and then stick to it. Dusty just had a long discussion on this on Its Just BBing. Learn to cook and you’ll be able to eat.

My appetite has never been the limiting factor in my growth - so I could definitely have done without eating junk food

I could get fat off of white fish just through sheer quantity I’d be table to take down. Maybe not really, but you get the idea.

If I could go back in time, I never would have ‘bulked’.
This is me. With all the food choices we have never had any issue with appetite. Some calorie dense yogurt, throw in a scoop of whey some fruit and natty PB or walnuts, that's over 1k and more of a snack then a meal.

We all know there's something known as fat free shredded cheddar cheese and fat free cubed smoked ham right? 😝 Almost pure protein, salvages the saddest dishes!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131