advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you think that eating clean is stopping you?

I actually did a “full day of eating” today. Currently cutting and eating primarily “clean” (hate this word) foods. Here are my meals 1-6 on a non training day.

* I cook my chicken in a crockpot. I do 2 flavors a week - buffalo and Mexican (taco seasoning). I absolutely love my meals.

When you crockpot them, how do you count calories per oz? My OCD ass always measures raw.

My anxiety is like “well what if it’s cooked longer?!!! Is 7oz 48g protein? Or is 6 oz 48g because I left it longer? Or what if it’s 54g because I cooked it less? Arghhh….

And the insanity is I know it doesn’t fucking matter if I just do it the same way next time.

Just venting my retarded thought process

When you crockpot them, how do you count calories per oz? My OCD ass always measures raw.

My anxiety is like “well what if it’s cooked longer?!!! Is 7oz 48g protein? Or is 6 oz 48g because I left it longer? Or what if it’s 54g because I cooked it less? Arghhh….

And the insanity is I know it doesn’t fucking matter if I just do it the same way next time.

Haha well your concerns are valid, I’ve just noticed over the years, in the grand scheme, it’s splitting hairs and doesn’t matter. Just be consistent in your approach, no matter what it is and limit any variables if you can.

My OCD entails I cook the chicken the same way week to week and my main driver for weight loss or weight gain is my carbs anyway.

I like to adhere to the KISS principle - keep it simple stupid. Bodybuilding is super easy at its core, we just make it ultra complicated at times.

My OCD can't stand raw chicken touching ANYTHING in my kitchen other than the surface/device it will be cooked in. I'm WAY less worried about a gram here or a gram there than I am about getting every last bit of that nasty bacteria off of surfaces.

But… why not just some whey?? Chicken breast is like twice the price of tuna/white fish/protein powder on a protein per gram basis at least for me in Canada.

Where are you shopping? lol

* I cook my chicken in a crockpot. I do 2 flavors a week - buffalo and Mexican (taco seasoning). I absolutely love my meals.

What do you do? Just throw some breasts in with seasoning and let her rip?

Where are you shopping? lol
Any major chain or local butcher, chicken breast is anywhere from 12-22$ a kg. So 1.20$ at the absolute cheapest for 100g which is 30g protein, you can get cans of tuna for 1$ each, most white fish is about 10$ a kg. Most protein powder you can get for less than a dollar per scoop ~25-30g. XLean beef costs me about 12-15$ a kilo, which is a bit more fat, slightly less protein ~22g but hell of a lot more nutrients.

Any major chain or local butcher, chicken breast is anywhere from 12-22$ a kg. So 1.20$ at the absolute cheapest for 100g which is 30g protein, you can get cans of tuna for 1$ each, most white fish is about 10$ a kg. Most protein powder you can get for less than a dollar per scoop ~25-30g. XLean beef costs me about 12-15$ a kilo, which is a bit more fat, slightly less protein ~22g but hell of a lot more nutrients.

Man I just bought chicken breast for $1.99lb in Texas today

Man I just bought chicken breast for $1.99lb in Texas today

Canada man...

Bro! You remember fish and a rice cake guy?
Epitome of cutting weight.

But… why not just some whey?? Chicken breast is like twice the price of tuna/white fish/protein powder on a protein per gram basis at least for me in Canada.

Here is the fish and rice cake guy now...

Rice cakes are great, I'll crush them up and add to meals to get extra volume and not too many calories. Started eating broccoli a lb is only 130, great volume food. Cheese, zero sugar bbq sauce on top.

I wish. I actually have grown to love white fish, but sometime I miss BBQ breasts.

Hahahah holy shit no way, didn’t see that one coming
He still lifts that is for sure .. who knows maybe he is on a PM 😁

You’re confusing 2 things.

Eating clean vs getting a little fluffy to gain muscle.

You can eat better quality food and get fluffy.
You can eat a little junky and still get lean.

The issues arise from cardiovascular stress, insulin resistance, and digestive hindrances.

If you use a looser approach to eating in order for you to gain size, the cumulative damage shows itself later down the line.

A 300lb bodybuilder with borderline a1c, high blood sugar, low HDL, elevated homocysteine, and an aggressively high diet with unnecessarily processed foods and oxidized fats is on the fast track to heart disease. You can’t just take some berberine and citrus bergamot and hood to come out clean on the other side.
That is a very good clarification.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity