advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eaa's and creatine intra workout pointless without hbcds?

natrol

Registered
Doing a dnp run right now and I'm gonna go no carb for it. Normally an intra shake would be eaa's creatine and carbs, I'm just wondering if without the carbs present is this eaa Shake still useful for muscle preservation during a cut?

Some people seem to advocate only using eaa's if your workouts exceed 1.5 hours. Mine are usually an hour or less so I thought I'd ask you guys and see what you think.

Cheers

It's definitely still useful without intra carbs

Doing a dnp run right now and I'm gonna go no carb for it. Normally an intra shake would be eaa's creatine and carbs, I'm just wondering if without the carbs present is this eaa Shake still useful for muscle preservation during a cut?

Some people seem to advocate only using eaa's if your workouts exceed 1.5 hours. Mine are usually an hour or less so I thought I'd ask you guys and see what you think.

Cheers

It's easily digested protein so to me it's only a good thing. The only exception would be guys who can't really have anything whilst training as they feel nauseas. Why are you going no carbs for your dnp run? Just for that extra bit of fatloss?

Some guys when dieting like to have no carbs around training and that is fine. Sometimes when I am watching what I eat I will just have aminos during training... more for the refreshing drink though. Although I much prefer to have most of my carbs around training even if they are limited for the rest of the day.

I think I have made some decent gains recently and one of the things I feel has helped towards those gains are the amino shakes I drink throughout the day. This is the first time I have done that and it has definitely made a difference.

I would keep some carbs around workouts ( post) Bcaa and creatine I wouldn't drop. There not expensive even if they get blocked by dnp. I don't take dnp until after I train or 12 hrs before. It kills my workouts.

110% or expect to regret it!

I used a normal intra with carbs throughout both my dnp runs and lost a ton of fat and was still able to recover fully from my workload. To me, there is no need to go carbless. I just kept them lower and concentrated around my workouts since I would sweat even more profusely than I already was.

I would keep them in, if anything they will help with recovery.

If your gonna go no carb, at minimum keep your EAA Intra drink In. You don't wanna pull into a catabolic state if your cutting like that With no supply of protein or carbs present.

I do this and have for 3 years straight and swear by it. I only use carbs if I'm using pre-workout insulin (which I only do in short bursts), 95% of the time it's carbless. I wholeheartedly feel it makes a difference no matter what anyone tells me

EAA + BCAA combo superhit . haven't been 9-10 sore on 10 for mooooonths now ! Now max soreness is say 0-6 absolute tops , that's when I do insane shit with wts, like a rabies infected dog dropping saliva sometimes . HBCD?? experimented with kilos & kilos of it . zero benefit/ zilch. nothing

HBCD in for a month out next month repeated many times .

tried tested experiment on me.

HBCD in intra or no HBCD made no diff . so I take no HBCD now. the magic for reducing soreness is eaa unflavoured with a different flavours variety of bcaa . that's it. why add liquid carbs when it works without it. eat your carbs & enjoy them .

I think my matey boy nothuman had the similar experience. so we both pulled carbs from intra too. All the best mate

Last edited:
EAA + BCAA combo superhit . haven't been 9-10 sore on 10 for mooooonths now ! Now max soreness is say 0-6 absolute tops , that's when I do insane shit with wts, like a rabies infected dog dropping saliva sometimes . HBCD?? experimented with kilos & kilos of it . zero benefit/ zilch. nothing

HBCD in for a month out next month repeated many times .

tried tested experiment on me.

HBCD in intra or no HBCD made no diff . so I take no HBCD now. the magic for reducing soreness is eaa unflavoured with a different flavours variety of bcaa . that's it. why add liquid carbs when it works without it. eat your carbs & enjoy them .

I think my matey boy nothuman had the similar experience. so we both pulled carbs from intra too. All the best mate

I've cut out the HBCD's too. Mainly because I ran out and didn't buy more. No difference noted although I should add that my workouts take 45 minutes.
I went to just using 20 grams of EAA's but for the past few weeks I've been using 10 grams each of EAA's and BCAA's. For a very scientific reason, my wife bought BCAA's for herself and stopped using them so rather than go to waste I started using them. When they are gone I'll go back to 20 grams EAA's.

I've cut out the HBCD's too. Mainly because I ran out and didn't buy more. No difference noted although I should add that my workouts take 45 minutes.
I went to just using 20 grams of EAA's but for the past few weeks I've been using 10 grams each of EAA's and BCAA's. For a very scientific reason, my wife bought BCAA's for herself and stopped using them so rather than go to waste I started using them. When they are gone I'll go back to 20 grams EAA's.

My workouts are 1 hour 15 min, instinctive method of training I still find it all OK. no issues.

when you eat a steak you absorb the creatine just fine.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does HBCD precisely mean? Not really into this anymore, I think Creatine Ethyl Ester was the last supp industry's breakthrough I tried... lol :eek:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does HBCD precisely mean? Not really into this anymore, I think Creatine Ethyl Ester was the last supp industry's breakthrough I tried... lol :eek:

here u go mate ..

BTW it did nothing for many people. it's not a biggie as many claims it to be. Good few people have tried it and it made no noticeable difference. I stopped using it. I tried it on and off enough of it. waste of money in my opinion for m at least .I do train quite intense and high volume.

To each his own.

EAA + BCAA mix is great or if you can get a good favoured EAA

What is Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (Cluster Dextrin®) and how can it help my training?

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD) is a carbohydrate source that is relatively new to sports nutrition. It is produced through the breakdown of starch and a unique enzyme is used to form clusters of sugar molecules. Further branching enzymes are then used to form the Cyclic Dextrin into longer chains. HBCD has a relatively high molecular weight and low osmolarity which speeds up gastric emptying. This means that the solution of HBCD will spend less time in your stomach compared to traditional carbohydrates and will therefore reduce discomfort when ingested during exercise (sloshing around in the stomach). Furthermore, the increased rate of gastric emptying will mean it reaches the small intestine faster, enabling absorption into the bloodstream to begin. Another bonus of HBCD is that it provides a sustained release of energy, unlike traditional carbohydrate sources such as dextrose which cause a sudden spike in blood sugar and a large insulin response. HBCD is absorbed more gradually and ensures that there is a continued uptake into the bloodstream, this can help to keep you training harder for longer.

Last edited:
A member here gained a shit ton of weight on 100 grams EAAs split through out the day with one pound of fish as the rest of his protein source.
Carbs/cals were all the same. The only change was eaa to replace all but 100 grams protein.

How could u go wrong? And protein is needed to hang on to muscle while on dnp. Imo

Phidias is a prime example showing how you don't need these fancy supplements to make incredible gains. Although if memory saves me correct you use your own fancy exotic carb intra training... Oasis :D

Dev covered everything. It is just a carb powder. It seems to digest easily for a lot of people and doesn't cause bloat or discomfort. As you know though different carbs work for different people. I will say I get much less bloated on HBCD's than I do the likes of Dextrose.

Phidias is a prime example showing how you don't need these fancy supplements to make incredible gains. Although if memory saves me correct you use your own fancy exotic carb intra training... Oasis :D

Dev covered everything. It is just a carb powder. It seems to digest easily for a lot of people and doesn't cause bloat or discomfort. As you know though different carbs work for different people. I will say I get much less bloated on HBCD's than I do the likes of Dextrose.

Damn mate how could you do this to me. never told me this.... shittttttt oasis is the secret fast carb to getting to just one step away from a pro card big like phidias ??... I am heading to tesco's right now to buy shit tons of this.

Damn mate how could you do this to me. never told me this.... shittttttt oasis is the secret fast carb to getting to just one step away from a pro card big like phidias ??... I am heading to tesco's right now to buy shit tons of this.

Make sure you get summer fruits flavour :D

Nespresso and Oasis are the secrets of the pros.

You guys crack me up!!! :p

Thanks for the read, Devenidas, I feel a bit less dumb now! :eek: That's funny, cause the extract/explanation you posted reminded me SO MUCH of how vitargo used to be marketed when it was launched a few years ago... almost word for word! Makes you wonder... :eek:

Honestly, I don't believe AT ALL in these fancy claims... as simple carb is a simple carb, and 1g of it will always be 4 kcal. Calories are what makes you grow, so unless HBCD - or for that matter whatever new sugar companies will shortly come up with - accounts for more than that (4 kcal), no carb will make you grow more than any other... period. :cool:

That's why YES, I'll stick with my OASIS TROPICAL while working out. :p

OASIS + Hydrolysed whey DURING, and if you wish some fast acting slin just BEFORE, trust me your training session will be productive...;)

You guys crack me up!!! [emoji14]

Thanks for the read, Devenidas, I feel a bit less dumb now! :eek: That's funny, cause the extract/explanation you posted reminded me SO MUCH of how vitargo used to be marketed when it was launched a few years ago... almost word for word! Makes you wonder... :eek:

Honestly, I don't believe AT ALL in these fancy claims... as simple carb is a simple carb, and 1g of it will always be 4 kcal. Calories are what makes you grow, so unless HBCD - or for that matter whatever new sugar companies will shortly come up with - accounts for more than that (4 kcal), no carb will make you grow more than any other... period. :cool:

That's why YES, I'll stick with my OASIS TROPICAL while working out. [emoji14]

OASIS + Hydrolysed whey DURING, and if you wish some fast acting slin just BEFORE, trust me your training session will be productive...;)
I don't think anyone is really saying HCBD will make you bigger than normal carbs (I hope not), it just digests easier and allows people to consume more with less stomach discomfort

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear