over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Energy Genetics

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I remember when I was in my early 20s I could work out every single day party and drink on the weekends wake up the next morning and train and just kill it. I was even natural then. Now I'm in my mid-30s and I'm just exhausted. I'm on test and GH so hormones are not an excuse but these days it's pretty much two days in a row training that I need a day off. And forget going out on the weekends luckily I'm married so I don't have to do that but if I went out and partied there's no way I could train for at least two or three days afterwards. What baffles me is some guys I know both natural and not natural can just train hard-core all the time. They've been doing it for like 20-30 years even older than me and they can hit the gym six days a week train balls out hard for hours and be just fine. I know the way you build muscle can be genetics and some people respond better to gear due to genetics, but do you think some people just have more energy and endurance due to genetics?

Absolutely! It's definitely genetic. Unfortunately for me I've always dated women who are high energy and only need 6 hours sleep. I need 10 hours plus a nap. I'm so jealous of high energy people.

Absolutely! It's definitely genetic. Unfortunately for me I've always dated women who are high energy and only need 6 hours sleep. I need 10 hours plus a nap. I'm so jealous of high energy people.

JJ - be glad you sleep well man. I am only 44 but I wake up like an old man!! It's like I have some kind of freaking rooster genetics. Weekends come and I try like hell to sleep in but by 7 at the latest I am wide awake like a kid at Christmas (minus the excitement)

JJ - be glad you sleep well man. I am only 44 but I wake up like an old man!! It's like I have some kind of freaking rooster genetics. Weekends come and I try like hell to sleep in but by 7 at the latest I am wide awake like a kid at Christmas (minus the excitement)

need more beauty sleep......

:)

YES...

Genetics are most definitely a factor, i was a high energy kid and still am , although at 55 it is waning for sure. My old lifting buddy used to ask me regularly " How the hell do you have so much energy all the time?"...I would say , " I inherited it from my parents" ...... it has been a blessing but also a curse at times though.....I am sure the health of your body and mind are a factor also ..
I try to make sure i have no nutritional defecienties and am always learning

I wonder what gives some people more energy than others even if it's genetics? Is it neurotransmitter related? I can't think of any other possibility other than being neurotransmitter related where they produce more dopamine and norepinephrine.

God I wish I could be at my best at 6 hours sleep at night. But I can barely function. And you always read these stories of the highly successful needing only 6 or less hours a night of sleep. Makes me sad :(

God I wish I could be at my best at 6 hours sleep at night. But I can barely function. And you always read these stories of the highly successful needing only 6 or less hours a night of sleep. Makes me sad :(

try some kratom before bed

This is a good question that I always wondered but never really asked. Just looking at the variety of answers it must be genetic. I'm the same. I need 12 hours of sleep a day but can't get deep sleep so I think that's part of the problem.

I remember when I was in my early 20s I could work out every single day party and drink on the weekends wake up the next morning and train and just kill it. I was even natural then. Now I'm in my mid-30s and I'm just exhausted. I'm on test and GH so hormones are not an excuse but these days it's pretty much two days in a row training that I need a day off. And forget going out on the weekends luckily I'm married so I don't have to do that but if I went out and partied there's no way I could train for at least two or three days afterwards. What baffles me is some guys I know both natural and not natural can just train hard-core all the time. They've been doing it for like 20-30 years even older than me and they can hit the gym six days a week train balls out hard for hours and be just fine. I know the way you build muscle can be genetics and some people respond better to gear due to genetics, but do you think some people just have more energy and endurance due to genetics?

Not that this is the sole reason for your "lackluster get-up and go"

...did you ever regain a decent iron/ferritin status after your bout of iron deficiency?

Last edited:
Not that this is the sole reason for your "lackluster get-up and go"

...did you ever regain a decent iron/ferritin status after your bout of iron deficiency?

Yes I did thanks Stewie. I can keep it under control from donating every 6 weeks now.

Genetic- like everything. I was crazy high energy as a kid but now (mid 20's) am that person that needs 10 hours a night.

Here's just one example but roughly 10% of the population has a condition called Gilbert's syndrome (I do). It affects the liver causing increased liver enzymes, specifically bilirubin, being dehydrated has more negative effects on someone with this condition as well as going more than a few hours between meals or definitelt fasting. More sleep is required and sleep deprivation has a more drastic effect than people without it.

I've found dhea and some adrenal supports help slightly. I am prescribed adderall though which also has helped an enormous amount in terms of energy levels, mood and sleep.

And forget going out on the weekends luckily I'm married so I don't have to do that

NOT going out on the weekends, or even during the week for that matter, when you're married or in a serious date can actually be a cause of divorce or breakup... :cool::p

No matter how well or energetic I feel, my (ex)gf would ALWAYS want to go out... but then again, she's one of those who can sleep 4 hours a day or barely sleep at all and still run a marathon... I envy people like them!! :eek:

I'm on test and GH so hormones are not an excuse

Actually, AAS and even more GH, depending on the dose, will often make you tired, if not exhausted... in my case, I know the less gear I used to use, the better I felt... each time I chose to increase mgs, for a prep or whatever reason, I always ended up tired as hell, having to rely on stimulants like ephedrine or kratom (and of course caffeine), which is an even WORST idea for you'll have to constantly up dosages to keep on seeing results... vicious circle that will fry your adrenals... :(

Bottom line: I wish I had never touched a single supp whatever it is to begin with... lol! :rolleyes:;)

The harder you train (which is something you only learn through experience, so you'll be older) the more rest you need. I could workout 6 days a week at 18 years old, and then stay up all night, and be fine. I was also squatting 135-185 lbs, and wasn't dealing with heavy poundages, nor was my CNS shot from one training session.

As Stan Efferding put it:

The harder you train, the more you need to eat, and the more rest you need so that you can train even harder which will require more food, and more rest to recover.

NOT going out on the weekends, or even during the week for that matter, when you're married or in a serious date can actually be a cause of divorce or breakup... :cool::p

No matter how well or energetic I feel, my (ex)gf would ALWAYS want to go out... but then again, she's one of those who can sleep 4 hours a day or barely sleep at all and still run a marathon... I envy people like them!! :eek:

This would suck really bad. :(

You might have been killing yourself all those years...

Then again even GH can wear you out...and I don't just mean the lethargy. Just all the all the turnover can wear them cells down.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws