over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat acceptance, body positivity movement

I will say this..... it truly saddens me when I see an obese couple and look behind them and see their kids that are more than likely highly overweight at a very young age simply because the parents have taught the children their sorry ass eating habits. They basically grow up eating the same sugar and highly processed bullshit that mom and dad eat, they are simply fat because they don't know any better.

I will say this..... it truly saddens me when I see an obese couple and look behind them and see their kids that are more than likely highly overweight at a very young age simply because the parents have taught the children their sorry ass eating habits. They basically grow up eating the same sugar and highly processed bullshit that mom and dad eat, they are simply fat because they don't know any better.
I feel the same, but I also tend to go over board with my young son. He loves the sweets, and his mother lets him go wild without limits. When he’s with me it’s regulated. But I’ve noticed him becoming more aware of his weight now. So it makes me feel a bit guilty that I’ve given him a bit of a complex. I go back and forth on this, but think I’m doing right by him! He needs to know that fat people get bullied in school and it’s very unhealthy! Started really cracking down on him at age 10, and he’s 12 now. He’s 5’5@ and like 133lbs. He’s got my build, so he’ll be a bigger guy. Most likely be 6’1” to 6’5”. He’s not obese by any means but does have a small belly. All his friends are beanpoles. Hopefully I don’t give him my body image insecurities… Man it’s tough being a parent!

Cage

I feel the same, but I also tend to go over board with my young son. He loves the sweets, and his mother lets him go wild without limits. When he’s with me it’s regulated. But I’ve noticed him becoming more aware of his weight now. So it makes me feel a bit guilty that I’ve given him a bit of a complex. I go back and forth on this, but think I’m doing right by him! He needs to know that fat people get bullied in school and it’s very unhealthy! Started really cracking down on him at age 10, and he’s 12 now. He’s 5’5@ and like 133lbs. He’s got my build, so he’ll be a bigger guy. Most likely be 6’1” to 6’5”. He’s not obese by any means but does have a small belly. All his friends are beanpoles. Hopefully I don’t give him my body image insecurities… Man it’s tough being a parent!

Cage
You shouldn't feel guilty. Your intentions are good. Boys tend to emulate their fathers. One mistake I see parents make is using food as a reward for good behavior. This can backfire tremendously as they become adults. Food should be thought of, and taken as, sustenance. 'Eating to live' vs 'living to eat'. Later, these kids as adults then constantly 'reward' themselves, especially during times when they engage in what they consider 'bad' behavior. In can be a circular process.

It's okay to hate obesity, but being shamed or hated has never once helped make a person healthier. Either the person doing the hating or the hated.

Some random thoughts, we should educate kids into to not see being fat as acceptable, but at the same time, we don't want to be too strict imo this could cause an eating disorder.

Plenty of kids can enjoy pizza, fries, and not be fat. I'd say try and steer them away from candy, soda, but you don't want to be that parent sending them to school with the gluten free lunch and broccoli while they watch their peers eat "normal food"

Encourage them to be physically active, make good choices, but I wouldn't be teaching kids you eat to live. That's just not realistic in today's world where kids want to enjoy food with their friends, develop social skills, go to pizza parties, jist have a normal child hood.

I used to work in a behavior school and even as a person who eats good and is into fitness myself, I felt bad for the kids whose parents had them on some strict diet and in general these parents seemed to not be mentally stable in my interactions with them. The kids who were on the gluten free diet or apparently had every food allergy known to man would obsess over food and always looked weak and malnourished and beg for snacks. They would see real food (this could be potatoes or yogurt) and they would literally stare at it and watch the staff eat it was sad while they chewed on strong beans and ate a bag of nuts. The fat kids didn't eat more than the fit ones they just had no energy and were lazy and probably drank soda at home.

You shouldn't feel guilty. Your intentions are good. Boys tend to emulate their fathers. One mistake I see parents make is using food as a reward for good behavior. This can backfire tremendously as they become adults. Food should be thought of, and taken as, sustenance. 'Eating to live' vs 'living to eat'. Later, these kids as adults then constantly 'reward' themselves, especially during times when they engage in what they consider 'bad' behavior. In can be a circular process.

It's okay to hate obesity, but being shamed or hated has never once helped make a person healthier. Either the person doing the hating or the hated.
Good post! Thats how I raised my kids. We hardly ever even have desert. We never used food as a reward. For rewards I used privileges, money, and sometimes a toy or two.

That's just not realistic in today's world where kids want to enjoy food with their friends, develop social skills, go to pizza parties, jist have a normal child hood.

The problem is that what is considered normal, is not. And most of those children who enjoy a "normal childhood" will be obese and diabetic in the future. And it's great to eat shit and be skinny ... until your genetics decide that's enough. We had all been 15 years old and we know that calories are not stored at that age the same as when you are 30 years old. Even being active, imagine when your are sedentary.

20 or 30 years ago, when most of us here were young, we had limited access to sweets, pizza, coke, chocolate, etc ... At leat I had.

What I mean is that you must understand that taking care of your body and heath is not a sacrifice, it is something beneficial. Finding the middle ground is not easy, but a minor cannot make rational decisions (well, there are minors who are much more rational than most adults, but you get the point), so having them in a "normal environment" where there are so many addictive foods is a recipe for disaster.

I don't know what the solution is, I don't have kids and I would never have them in such an unhealthy environment, it's not a problem I have to deal with. But most parents should not have children, just how they are feeding himself and they kids, it is a disaster.

I don't know how big of a difference there is from a person that is overweight eating something to feel better. Or a bodybuilder with injuries or any health problems going to the gym to train or taking that next shot to fell better about themselves. People have weaknesses about who or what they are and how we choose to cope with them is what defines us good or bad.

Of course, if one thinks deeply, one discovers that the human being, in most cases, is a weak, fragile, ridiculous, incomplete and pathetic being. But we are the top of the food chain, lol

That's just not realistic in today's world where kids want to enjoy food with their friends, develop social skills, go to pizza parties, jist have a normal child hood.

I used to work in a behavior school and even as a person who eats good and is into fitness myself, I felt bad for the kids whose parents had them on some strict diet and in general these parents seemed to not be mentally stable in my interactions with them. The kids who were on the gluten free diet or apparently had every food allergy known to man would obsess over food and always looked weak and malnourished and beg for snacks. They would see real food (this could be potatoes or yogurt) and they would literally stare at it and watch the staff eat it was sad while they chewed on strong beans and ate a bag of nuts. The fat kids didn't eat more than the fit ones they just had no energy and were lazy and probably drank soda at home.

What you're talking about is deprivation and cruelty. Parents should try to give their children the skills to make good choices for themselves. Not restrict them to the point they become ostracized. You don't send a kid to a pizza party with bag of cauliflower. That's just stupidity. Besides, pizza is a perfectly nutritious food for a growing kid. Adults too.

and even as a person who eats good and is into fitness myself, I felt bad for the kids whose parents...

Of course you did. Those poor "fat kids". 🙄

The problem is that what is considered normal, is not. And most of those children who enjoy a "normal childhood" will be obese and diabetic in the future. And it's great to eat shit and be skinny ... until your genetics decide that's enough. We had all been 15 years old and we know that calories are not stored at that age the same as when you are 30 years old. Even being active, imagine when your are sedentary.

20 or 30 years ago, when most of us here were young, we had limited access to sweets, pizza, coke, chocolate, etc ... At leat I had.

What I mean is that you must understand that taking care of your body and heath is not a sacrifice, it is something beneficial. Finding the middle ground is not easy, but a minor cannot make rational decisions (well, there are minors who are much more rational than most adults, but you get the point), so having them in a "normal environment" where there are so many addictive foods is a recipe for disaster.

I don't know what the solution is, I don't have kids and I would never have them in such an unhealthy environment, it's not a problem I have to deal with. But most parents should not have children, just how they are feeding himself and they kids, it is a disaster.
I don't know what the answer is but I would say it's normal for kids to eat an occasional pizza. I don't think we need to micromanage people's eating or harass them about it. If I had a kid and he stared to get fat I would intervene but I'm not micromanaging his diet until he is 18 if he is going to become a man he needs to decide if he wants to be fit or fat. Discover if he can eat pizza or not, that's part of becoming a man. Babying kids is the worst thing we can do they don't need to be coddled and protected from burger kind and their friends pizza parties.

At the end of the day, obesity is gross and unhealthy and no one should ba ashamed to call it that. I find fat people unattractive and lazy and have no problem saying it to them. But I don't feel any duty to lecture them or intervene or save them etc if that makes sense.

I don't know how big of a difference there is from a person that is overweight eating something to feel better. Or a bodybuilder with injuries or any health problems going to the gym to train or taking that next shot to fell better about themselves. People have weaknesses about who or what they are and how we choose to cope with them is what defines us good or bad.
Correct. They are perfectly analogous to one another. Neurologically, there is zero difference. And from a health perspective, not much difference there either. My son just turned 27. Would I rather he have some extra pounds on him from enjoying the foods he likes or be among the elite ProM chemically-castrated underwear model crew? (The former, obviously)

But shaking our fingers at either is pointless.

I have tons of body image insecurities… I freely admit that. But they’re mine and I own them! I just don’t want to put my issues onto my son. So it’s a constant internal battle for me. He now asks if he’s fat, etc…. So I feel like I may have failed and put my own insecurities on him already.

So lately I’ve changed my approach some… I explain to him how snacks aren’t necessarily bad for kids as long as they’re active. My son has become very active in the last few years. Finally got him off the damn video games. So he’s biking everywhere, several miles a day to fishing spots, etc. So if he asks for snacks after supper I just say how active we’re you today? If you just sat around then think abt that a bit before just consume something sweet. If you were really active then sure help yourself!

Cage

I don't know what the answer is but I would say it's normal for kids to eat an occasional pizza.
I don't think we need to micromanage people's eating or harass them about it. If I had a kid and he stared to get fat I would intervene but I'm not micromanaging his diet until he is 18 if he is going to become a man he needs to decide if he wants to be fit or fat. Discover if he can eat pizza or not, that's part of becoming a man. Babying kids is the worst thing we can do they don't need to be coddled and protected from burger kind and their friends pizza parties.

At the end of the day, obesity is gross and unhealthy and no one should ba ashamed to call it that. I find fat people unattractive and lazy and have no problem saying it to them. But I don't feel any duty to lecture them or intervene or save them etc if that makes sense.

The dose makes the poison, clearly, for whatever reasons, kids are getting pizza and other junk too often, NOT occasionally.

And yes, each ADULT person must decide if they want to be fat or fit, that is why I have never said that anything should be prohibited, but to educate, inform and be an example.

The problem is that when a minor gets pleasure repeatedly from cheat meals, not occasionally, but regularly, well, when he gets older it is more difficult to start from a favorable or neutral position in which to decide.

I don't know what the answer is but I would say it's normal for kids to eat an occasional pizza. I don't think we need to micromanage people's eating or harass them about it. If I had a kid and he stared to get fat I would intervene but I'm not micromanaging his diet until he is 18 if he is going to become a man he needs to decide if he wants to be fit or fat. Discover if he can eat pizza or not, that's part of becoming a man. Babying kids is the worst thing we can do they don't need to be coddled and protected from burger kind and their friends pizza parties.

question. Do have kids? an occasional pizza, cheeseburger or something like cookies or cake is ok, but a hell of a lot are not doing this occasionally, i absolutely micromanage my daughters diet if thats what you want to call it, they will eat complete shit all day if you dont and they are being conditioned for later years, typical bs is probably pop tarts for breakfast, cheeseburger for lunch and dinner is a pizza, and snack all day on processed sugar snacks and goldfish.

Again, it's not fat or fit, it's healthy or unhealthy. There are plenty of "fit" looking people who are unhealthy as fuck and there are plenty of fat people who are extremely healthy. Generalizing like this is the entire problem.

Now if you think fat is "gross" that is a cultural affectation, plenty of people think otherwise. Skinny is "gross" to some people as well. Huge muscles are "gross" to MANY people.

There is a lot of hypocrisy going on here, as many bodybuilders think they look healthy when actually they are unhealthy as fuck. And BTW, a lot of you who think you look "healthy" actually do not at all, you look very unhealthy to people who aren't biased towards the cultural affectation of thinking muscle=attractive=healthy.

As far as I know, when an adult injects drugs into a minor, or introduce or allows the use of drugs, be they steroids or recreational drugs, it is considered abuse and could certainly lose custody of the minor.

Why is not the same with food addiction? Because it is such a massive problem and it is so normalized that no one can solve it through a state authority.

But if some divine justice existed, those adults would be penalized.

Again, it's not fat or fit, it's healthy or unhealthy. There are plenty of "fit" looking people who are unhealthy as fuck and there are plenty of fat people who are extremely healthy. Generalizing like this is the entire problem.

Lol, you have to generalize, otherwise you can't set national health guidelines or statistics.

Being fat, in general, is more problematic than being skinny. Just as smoking is more problematic than not doing it. Walking an hour a day is better than not doing it.

There is a lot of hypocrisy going on here, as many bodybuilders think they look healthy when actually they are unhealthy as fuck. And BTW, a lot of you who think you look "healthy" actually do not at all, you look very unhealthy to people who aren't biased towards the cultural affectation of thinking muscle=attractive=healthy.

The bodybuilding lifestyle is healthy, taking gear is not.

There is nothing dangerous about eating clean and lifting weights.

Regarding the cultural issue and image, in every human society being strong and muscular has been necessary and essential to survive. Accumulating fat was also great, but there were no obese. Obese people cannot work the land or go hunting animals. The obese were the kings, nobles and other parasites who did nothing. Obesity was positive valued because represented power and wealth.

Currently, the most powerful men in the world are neither fat nor obese. Obesity is frowned upon because it represents laziness, gluttony, and because poor and deadly humans are fat, the elite don't want to look like them.

Some sick guys enjoy having a woman that is 100% dependent on them. I guess they like being in power, and they are attracted to morbidly obese women.

One 600 lber has a website where men pay her good money to sit and eat certain foods. Basically speeding up her demise for the pleasure of the public.
there is a pretty disturbing movie about that kind of thing.
lemme see if i can find name of it...
Feed (2005)
i watched prob bout the time it came out. not for faint of heart.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws