Fedor Turns Down UFC 3 Fight Deal

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
CRAP!!! :(

Fedor Emelianenko Turns Down Three-Fight UFC Contract

Posted by Ariel Helwani 07/30/09—2:36 PM

Fedor Emelianenko said on Wednesday that he does not intend to sign a contract with the UFC unless it agrees to promote fights jointly with Emelianenko's promoter, M-1 Global. Since then, several Web sites have reported that Emelianenko had turned down a six-fight contract with the UFC worth $30 million.

FanHouse has learned from a source close to the negotiations, who wished to remain anonymous, that the UFC offered Emelianenko a three-fight contract with a guarantee of less than $2 million per fight.

The source did confirm that Emelianenko was offered an immediate title shot against current UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

As Jonathan Snowden, the author of 'Total MMA: Inside Ultimate Fighting,' who also spoke to someone with knowledge of the negotiations, pointed out, it is possible that Emelianenko could make up to or even more than $30 million during his UFC run, but that amount wasn't guaranteed up front.

"The number is based on Zuffa's projections of what Fedor's take of the PPV money would be, and the numbers they are projecting are based on selling a ton of PPV's. The actual guarantee for Fedor is much more modest. It's true that if business stays at record levels Fedor could walk away with $30 million. But that is no guarantee."

If the pay-per-views in which Emelianenko main events do as well as, say, UFC 100, which reportedly generated approximately 1.5 million PPV buys, he could conceivably make that much, if not more once the PPV escalators kick in.

Vadim Finkelstein, Emelianenko's manager and M-1 Global's CEO, replied "no" when Sherdog asked if a deal could be struck with the UFC without M-1 co-promoting the event.

Here's the actual link to the story:

**broken link removed**

i know why fedor and management is doing it, but they are turning down a huge amount of money. a 6 fight, 30 mil deal is nfl type money. i mean, fedor could walk into the cage, knock out or submit someone in 2 minutes and walk away with a cool 5 mil........that's crazy

Of course he did.reason = Brock Lesnar

YA HE IS TRYING TO DODGE BROCK JJ...U HEAR ME....LOL

This just in..

"Brock PAYS Fedor $30 mil to not join UFC!!" :eek:

I don't think they will ever come to terms especially with Finkelstein in Fedor's corner

I don't think they will ever come to terms especially with Finkelstein in Fedor's corner

Just like the fight with Couture that was wanted for how many years?

I know I know "bet me a million dollars"

He only asked for a bet topping a grand....if you aint got it, drop it....It's called put up or shut up.....saying a deal didn't go through cause of Brock is rediculous....you really think Fedor is scared of anyone?!!!!? LMFAO

BTW, JJ's screen name shows him as being registered as of recent and I realize a lot of newer members don't know him, but don't think for one second that he's not as old school as it gets......nor that he's not serious about betting a grand or more. Show some fuckin respect....oh, and some common sense.

He only asked for a bet topping a grand....if you aint got it, drop it....It's called put up or shut up.....saying a deal didn't go through cause of Brock is rediculous....you really think Fedor is scared of anyone?!!!!? LMFAO

BTW, JJ's screen name shows him as being registered as of recent and I realize a lot of newer members don't know him, but don't think for one second that he's not as old school as it gets......nor that he's not serious about betting a grand or more. Show some fuckin respect....oh, and some common sense.

Shut up!! it was a damn joke.Who cares if i'm new or not. respect and common sense wtf are you even talking about. I and every other member have a right to opinins etc.. your taking this friendly bantering about a fight that will probably not happen to damn seriously.'m done with you Tyrone you got issues,buh bye:rolleyes:

Is it just me or are you fueling a fire that hasnt started, it seems light hearted humor to me buuuutttttt , I dont know the WHOLE story so this is just my view, which dont matter. Im sure if the one who u are saying is being diss-ed then he will answer back.

Last edited:
Is it just me or are you fueling a fire that hasnt started, it seems light hearted humor to me buuuutttttt , I dont know the WHOLE story so this is just my view, which dont matter. Lets get along,, fighting over the net will never amount to anything. Im sure if the one who u are saying is being diss-ed then he will answer back.

Nobody is being dissed brother ,I thought jj and tyrone and some others were joking and some friendly bantering about a fight then all the suuden Tyrone starts going off about being "OLD SCHOOL" and shit lol.I'm outta here.

The only thing I have to add is that is sucks for those of us that did not worship pride as we will never understand the following he has now.
I mean I know the pride people will chew my ass but I really do not recognize him as an uber champ until he makes his rounds in the UFC.
Not after watching so many from pride alumni enter the octagon and fall on their faces.
I am sorry but 30 million to become official the king of all heavy weight kings seems pretty decent to me. He could have ripped through that contract in no time and if not happy walked away cementing his crown. with plenty of time to make his cash overseas or whatever.
Money god it is the root of all evil!
I mean what 6 fights at a max of 25 minutes for championship bout I will figure as everyone swears he is the terminator.
so what's that like 3 hours of actual ring time!
so 10 million an hour(Yea yea the countless hours of training he would have done regardless of which organization he fights for I am not counting) Is not to shabby I would think.
ANd I am ranting I just really wanted to see him back up the screaming his fans do about him. And now I am saddened and will go to bed. :(

Well

Shut up!! it was a damn joke.Who cares if i'm new or not. respect and common sense wtf are you even talking about. I and every other member have a right to opinins etc.. your taking this friendly bantering about a fight that will probably not happen to damn seriously.'m done with you Tyrone you got issues,buh bye:rolleyes:

That's fine with me and I'm sorry you feel that way...I think you're taking the entire subject more seriously and heavy handed than me or anyone else.

It's tough to decifer tone on the internet w/out personal one on one convesations, so I can see where you're comming from, but there's nothing I posted that's pointless and/or hostile....you just took it that way it sounds like.

Oh, 'issues'......we all have em and some more than others but, I think you're reading into things WAY too much...I'm at one of the happiest places in life I've ever been and never had too many 'issues' anyways.

Bottom line though, put up or shut up....lol

Thanks, Ty

kid1dakota

Man Tyrones just takin up for his boy... his friend. I would do the same in return. He is a good bro... honest and straight up. He just doesnt sugar coat shit.
Now... between me and you (kid1dakota). Yeah i have been here a LONNNGGG time. Most know that. That has nothing to do with anything other then most know if i put up... then i put up.
I dont want this to turn into a pissing match. All of those guys are human and every man is subject to getting an ass beating... including Fedor. I just dont think its going to happen anytime soon... and surely not by Brock.
Fedor didnt take the $30 million for the simple fact is he just wants to be sure and stay LOYAL and respect his roots... M1 ... his promoter.
To say he doesnt take a 30 mil contract because he is scared of Brock is out there man... way WAY out there.
Come on... you know better then that. Fedor is a true champion with or without the belt. He is already a multimillionaire... why sign his life away to Dana White and get pimped like he is doing Brock.
Fedor is Fedor... no one else like him in any sport in my opinion.
Let me give you an example of why Fedor turned down 30 million.
Did you watch Michael Jordan from the time he entered the NBA until he retired? Did you know when he retired his contract was exactly the same as it was his rookie year ... a little more then a million. The reason why? He didnt need a contract with more money... he made multimillions from advertising and merchandise....just like Fedor would do with M1.
Fedor just wants a fair deal... not a pimp like Dana White.

Now.. .back to Dakota.
Man your cool with me. I could care less how long you have been here. You have a right to your opinion (although its wrong ;))
Im saying this once again... put your $1000 up and bet me man. Im trying to make it a reasonable bet. If you want to up the pot and bet more then im all for it. You make the amount. $10 bucks or $1000 bucks. What ever the bet i will match it. Remember, this is a friendly debate/conversation/topic. I dont want any ill feelings from anyone. Im just loyal to anything i start. I became a Miami dolphins fan when i was 11yrs old... and its still the same now. I didnt pick another team when the sucked ass or got beat. Im the same with Fedor. He is my favorite no matter what. Not only because of his ass kicking skills... i like him because of his beliefs and values. He still takes a 12 hour train ride just to get home in Russia to train where he has trained since he was a child and he always stays home and stays loyal to his core...home and family and friends. He never talks all that shit like others do (especially Brock after he got submitted by Mir)... Fedor just goes to fucking work he adapts to the fighter and his fighting skills then he moves in for the kill... all the way he is emotionless. He is the definition of cool.

So, bet up bro... 1k.. 2k... 4k ... or $50 bucks. Im 110% confident you will lose your money.... but hey i think you already know this or you wouldnt hesitate to put your money up instead of worshiping someone you know is going to loose.

kid1dakota

Man Tyrones just takin up for his boy... his friend. I would do the same in return. He is a good bro... honest and straight up. He just doesnt sugar coat shit.
Now... between me and you (kid1dakota). Yeah i have been here a LONNNGGG time. Most know that. That has nothing to do with anything other then most know if i put up... then i put up.
I dont want this to turn into a pissing match. All of those guys are human and every man is subject to getting an ass beating... including Fedor. I just dont think its going to happen anytime soon... and surely not by Brock.
Fedor didnt take the $30 million for the simple fact is he just wants to be sure and stay LOYAL and respect his roots... M1 ... his promoter.
To say he doesnt take a 30 mil contract because he is scared of Brock is out there man... way WAY out there.
Come on... you know better then that. Fedor is a true champion with or without the belt. He is already a multimillionaire... why sign his life away to Dana White and get pimped like he is doing Brock.
Fedor is Fedor... no one else like him in any sport in my opinion.
Let me give you an example of why Fedor turned down 30 million.
Did you watch Michael Jordan from the time he entered the NBA until he retired? Did you know when he retired his contract was exactly the same as it was his rookie year ... a little more then a million. The reason why? He didnt need a contract with more money... he made multimillions from advertising and merchandise....just like Fedor would do with M1.
Fedor just wants a fair deal... not a pimp like Dana White.

Now.. .back to Dakota.
Man your cool with me. I could care less how long you have been here. You have a right to your opinion (although its wrong ;))
Im saying this once again... put your $1000 up and bet me man. Im trying to make it a reasonable bet. If you want to up the pot and bet more then im all for it. You make the amount. $10 bucks or $1000 bucks. What ever the bet i will match it. Remember, this is a friendly debate/conversation/topic. I dont want any ill feelings from anyone. Im just loyal to anything i start. I became a Miami dolphins fan when i was 11yrs old... and its still the same now. I didnt pick another team when the sucked ass or got beat. Im the same with Fedor. He is my favorite no matter what. Not only because of his ass kicking skills... i like him because of his beliefs and values. He still takes a 12 hour train ride just to get home in Russia to train where he has trained since he was a child and he always stays home and stays loyal to his core...home and family and friends. He never talks all that shit like others do (especially Brock after he got submitted by Mir)... Fedor just goes to fucking work he adapts to the fighter and his fighting skills then he moves in for the kill... all the way he is emotionless. He is the definition of cool.

So, bet up bro... 1k.. 2k... 4k ... or $50 bucks. Im 110% confident you will lose your money.... but hey i think you already know this or you wouldnt hesitate to put your money up instead of worshiping someone you know is going to loose.

Were cool bro no issues,I thought it was freindly bantering then
tyrone just went a little nuts with old school,respect,common sense shit out of the blue.

As far as a bet we are so far from this fight even happening its crazy.When the time comes ok.
As far as worshipping brock no,but as in my name the dakota stands for Bismarck,N.D. where I was born.This also happens to be where Brock went to Junior college and wrestled.It is a pretty small town and My cousin at the college taught Brock.a kid i went to high school with was an assistant wrestling coach and coached Brock.Everybody was ranting and raving about this kid Brock Lesnar from South dakota who was unreal wrestler.So I went back to Bismarck for a function went and watched him wrestle and couldn't believe what i saw.I met him and liked him,he was very down homefarm boy type.So long story short ,fiends and family know him and I have followed him his whole career.

He trains hard and I think he has done an amazing thing in a short time.I also admire he was true to himself and walked away from WWE because he hated it and wanted to compete for real.He would of made more money staying in WWe by far.Not many would have the balls to turn down big dollars to go to the unknown for less money.

So as I admire Fedor,i am a fan of Brock thats all.Although I will admit I didn't like his post fight antics.But I was told that was kind of his way of "exhaling" after the pressure was relieved by winning the fight.If he would of lost for a second time to Mir it wouldn't of helped his career you know.

Anyway thats my story bro.were cool though.I just hope this fight happens.

Well, hopefully this is all an act to throw the fans off so Dana White can make the grand announcement today and "suprise" everybody...It would be a nice suprise.

I love how Fedor's training is like the montage from Rocky 4.

I am new to being an MMA fan, but you just look at a guy like Fedor and you're thinking... "You'll be able to spit nails kid. Like the guy says, you're gonna eat lightning and you're gonna crap thunder. You're gonna become a very dangerous person."

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws