over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fibers role in diet

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I don't quite understand some things about fiber. If you do not eat enough, you get constipated, this is not ideal and we all know this. But if I eat too much fiber I get very distended and gassy. But apparently too much fiber is supposed to make you shit alot? This isn't the case for me, and for me when I get gas, this also means I am constipated, not that I am going to shit alot or am runny.

Not trying to be gross, but is this other peoples experience? Does gas indicate your clogged up more, or your stools are loose? And does too much fiber make you go to the bathroom more (for me it doesn't). I cant see how eating a ton of fruit and veggies and sweet potatoes would make someone have loose stools, to me this is usually Taco Bell or buffet type food that leads to loose stools, but maybe my body is different.

The reason I would consume alot of fiber is because I have a large apetite and fiber is very filling, so it allows me to eat my daily calories and not be so hungry (if I could eat what my appetite desires it would be 5-6 calories and id Gain a ton of fat).

The distension thread got me thinking about this, because I typically associate distension with being gassy and clogged up, which happens to me when I eat alot of fiber (but apparently not enough fiber causes the same problem).

A lot of fiber and im.peeing out of my butt, on the other hand sometimes it depends on the fiber i use, if i use jarrow it actually makes me poo better and less loose stools but other fiber depending on company and as stated above out the butt

If one is not consuming enough liquids while increasing, or eating, a lot of fiber, it can cause constipation to be worse. Both have to go up, but eating too much fiber can cause diarrhea or loose stools for many by increasing transit time of solids through the intestinal tract. Also more fiber equals larger stools, so add that on to the intestinal transit, in addition to water being pulled into the intestinal tract and into the pooh...and it can cause runny stools. Gas is just caused from microbial fermentation...the more fiber you eat and the longer it (or especially other foods like amine groups) sits in the GI tract = more gas.

Not all fibre is the same. There's prebiotic, probiotic, oat, psyllium husk etc and the source can have different effects. For me, psyllium husk is the only one that has nothing but benefits. I've been a Metamucil man for seven or eight years now and I love it. If I consume too much oat bran or yogurt where the fibre is from other sources it gives me the detrimental effects you're talking about. I don't eat those Quest bars anymore, but when I did they made BM's kind of weird and they are high in prebiotic fibre.

ive actually never had any real problems with fibre, i eat too little and get constipated, if i eat too much, nothing happens just regular bowel movements
might be something else in your diet causing the constiaption

potassium & magnesium is important as well in regular bowel movements

I think it really depends how effective your own digestive system is. Some people can eat whatever and shit just fine, whereas others may need a little help. You just have to find the right balance for you.

There is soluble(retains water) and insoluble fiber. Both are needed for health. Proper fiber consumption can set up the prebiotic environment for for being healthy for the probiotics to grow. To much food consumed or consuming food to often will leave it to sit and ferment. Depends on the enzymes that you make as to which foods digest the best.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws