Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Yes, but only when not on cycle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Never

Votes: 48 60.0%

• Total voters
First, I have asthma so when I get sick it can get bad quickly.
The one year I didn't get it I got the flu. It turned into brochittus, and then into pneumonia. Had walking pnemonia for a little over 30 days, and lost about 22lbs of mucscle mass. About to go get one next week.

For your particular situation the benefit certainly outweighs any risk. And its cheap. I agree for what it's worth- go for it. Like every year!

This is one of those topics (vaccinations) that is like debating politics or religion.
In chiropractic school the topic was so heated that they stopped talking about in in class.People almost came to blows.

There is much bullshit information on both sides of the debate: the people against them use theories that have recently been disproven about autism etc...

The people for them use scare tactics etc...

I believe there are certain categories of the population that should get them such as elderly or those with compromised immune systems etc..Influenza kills almost 60,000 people in the U.S.A. per year!! epidemic?? I don't know about that ?but that is too many people dying and should be a major concern.

But to make a blanket statement for or against is wrong.I believe in the power of ones own immune system too,but sometimes when already sick with one illness then add the flu ,and things can get real dangerous!

Case by case basis.

Last edited:
What's flu shots got to do with bodybuilding??????

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

lol!!
If you get it in the bicep it will peak for awhile :p

OP was concerned about setbacks in training from getting the flu.

OP was concerned about setbacks in training from getting the flu.

Ah ok Tom. I had a nasty test flu once, should have taken the flu vaccination in the first place.

I have not taken one in years. I do not plan to anymore. Peace.

yep, as i get older, i get them every year. never used to worry about it but i aint no spring chicken anymore.

It's a scam, and they make millions of dollars on these shot. So many different strains of the flu they would have to develop one vaccine that takes care of all of them and it's just not possible. It may improve your chances by 2-3% and for some that may be worth it but not for me.

Bullshit!

I am so happy to see so many enlightened people in this community. But it makes sense, we all know the lies the government told about steroids so why should we believe them about anything. This is a huge money maker for Pharma companies, but also for politicians, since they can legally use inside knowledge to buy stocks. So if they know a certain drug is going to be shipped by the billions to some country for aid, they will buy stock in it before the deal shoots it up. They all do it which is why they are all millionaires. As for me, I work in a hospital in direct contact with the sickest patients. I get blasted with germs all day every day, I have never gotten the flu shot. I just supplement with vitamin D3, don't eat processed food, eat lots of grass fed beef, organic fruits and veggies, LBA's. Every few years I might get hit with noro virus (stomach bug) which is 24 hrs of ass/face in toilet. You know, sitting on toilet with trashcan in your lap puking. But there is no defence against that, except what your body builds to deal with it. People that take all these vaccinations are just weakening their own defence system. And you are gauranteed to be a future customer of the medical industrial complex. Have a nice day.

I am so happy to see so many enlightened people in this community. But it makes sense, we all know the lies the government told about steroids so why should we believe them about anything. This is a huge money maker for Pharma companies, but also for politicians, since they can legally use inside knowledge to buy stocks. So if they know a certain drug is going to be shipped by the billions to some country for aid, they will buy stock in it before the deal shoots it up. They all do it which is why they are all millionaires. As for me, I work in a hospital in direct contact with the sickest patients. I get blasted with germs all day every day, I have never gotten the flu shot. I just supplement with vitamin D3, don't eat processed food, eat lots of grass fed beef, organic fruits and veggies, LBA's. Every few years I might get hit with noro virus (stomach bug) which is 24 hrs of ass/face in toilet. You know, sitting on toilet with trashcan in your lap puking. But there is no defence against that, except what your body builds to deal with it. People that take all these vaccinations are just weakening their own defence system. And you are gauranteed to be a future customer of the medical industrial complex. Have a nice day.
:rolleyes:

I never get my flu shot! I haven't been sick in 6 years. Personal preferance

I caught the flu 2 years in a row and lost 20 lbs each time. It may not protect me from every strain but getting the shot certainly hasn't hurt me at all so why not get it. Sure it could be coincidence but I haven't had the flu since getting the shots.

I caught the flu 2 years in a row and lost 20 lbs each time. It may not protect me from every strain but getting the shot certainly hasn't hurt me at all so why not get it. Sure it could be coincidence but I haven't had the flu since getting the shots.

Yep, me too! Ive been getting mine for about 5 years or so now and never once had the flu. Anyone with health problems like heart or lung should have one.

This is one of those topics (vaccinations) that is like debating politics or religion.
In chiropractic school the topic was so heated that they stopped talking about in in class.People almost came to blows.

There is much bullshit information on both sides of the debate: the people against them use theories that have recently been disproven about autism etc...

The people for them use scare tactics etc...

I believe there are certain categories of the population that should get them such as elderly or those with compromised immune systems etc..Influenza kills almost 60,000 people in the U.S.A. per year!! epidemic?? I don't know about that ?but that is too many people dying and should be a major concern.

But to make a blanket statement for or against is wrong.I believe in the power of ones own immune system too,but sometimes when already sick with one illness then add the flu ,and things can get real dangerous!

Case by case basis.

Well said!!
I've never had a flu shot. I'm not in that category yet!!

I remeber getting a flu shot and 2 months later i got the flu. No thanks never again!

Ive always got it but then again Ive always had to get it been in the army most my life so its a given. I do still get sick still though I do think it is hyped BS

Hey D Bo I was in the army for 8 years, desert storm vet. I'm also a army brat my dad was career army, what was your mos? I was 13 bravo field artillary and then I changed to 76 juliet med suppy. I get a flu shot every year and there has only been one year I still got the flu which could of been a different strain

Got the flu right now. Started feeling it coming on Thursday. Friday I kept getting sicker as the day wore on. Saturday I ran a fever that peaked at 101. Sunday woke up to a waking temp of 99.5. Pretty much stayed there all day. Ibuprofen wouldn't do a thing to bring it down. Monday still had a fever and it finally broke in the afternoon. I'm fine temp wise now but still feel like doing nothing but laying around. I don't have any time for that though.:mad:

No, I've never had a flu shot and I pretty much get it every year even though I take Vitamin D3 every day at 5000iu.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131