over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For anyone who has had a rotator cuff tear, I think I tore mine

Cortisone isn't as bad as some of the people say.

I've had shoulder issues recently and done stuff such as MassiveG says.

Sure the Peptides can help, but shits complicated. Even cortisone can help, top athletes use cortisone, but shit's complicated.

mother f'er

You don't really need X-rays. So you should be able to avoid the radiation. A regular MRI (without contrast injected into joint) will be fine for evaluating the cuff. Contrast is usually used if your doc is concerned about labral tear (if you have dislocated previously or your shoulder seems unstable). SLAP tears typically show up pretty well without contrast.

FYI, I am 10 weeks out from surgery to repair a 3cm rotator cuff tear. Tough surgery.

Why would you NOT want an Arthrogram (contrast) if you are already in there for an MRI? With all the stress we put on our shoulders, I think it best to see the entire picture. Just sayin'.
I went in there thinking rotator...ended up being a lot more (slap lesion, 2 pieces floating cartilage, some Arthritis and 2 spots where I'm bone on bone) as well as rotator damage.

OP- Make sure you go to a sports doctor. I deal with the San Antonio Spurs team docs...they see this shit all the time (they also handle UTSA, Trinity U and local high schools). The Spurs shoulder/elbow guy did my tricep.

Last edited:
I have had slight tears a few times.
Keeping the blood in the muscle heals all.
Super light extensions for 3 mnths works better than any knife.
All else just makes it feel better which is worse. The last thing you want is to feel like you can use it because of a shot.

I had the contrast MRI. shit burns like a motherfucker when they inject that stuff into your cuff

I had a dye injected in but don't remember it burning. They pushed the needle in right to the bone.

Nothuman if I had to guess I would say you done it during one of your poses on the beach or picking up a random girl on a night out :D

In all seriousness everyone has covered what to do. Rest, peptides and if you go the gym then unilateral training (right side only) for upper body.

I had a dye injected in but don't remember it burning. They pushed the needle in right to the bone.

Maybe I'm just a big pussy. Hahaha!Or Maybe they injected in another location for my type of injury!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm just a big pussy. Hahaha!Or Maybe they injected in another location for my type of injury!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was most probably a different thing. Plus my memory is off on this occasion. I was thinking it was blue but maybe that is wrong too. It was a dye and they said it would mean the mri results would show up better. They injected it into my delt before my MRI scan. I was too busy checking out the pretty nurse to really notice what was going on :D

I had that die injected once for a partial bicep tear.
Missed my vein!..How the Fk do you miss my veins..
Anyhow they put my arm in front of the scanner and it was solid green.
I had to go back the following day to get that nuclear shit again.
I told them I thought I tore a muscle and had a knob at elbow and under my pit, but they thought and treated me as a torn vein. Exact opposite of the treatment for muscle..
4th Dr, I saw finally said No its a torn muscle and by then it was just about healed.
This is why they call it a Practice..lol

Why would you NOT want an Arthrogram (contrast) if you are already in there for an MRI? With all the stress we put on our shoulders, I think it best to see the entire picture. Just sayin'.
I went in there thinking rotator...ended up being a lot more (slap lesion, 2 pieces floating cartilage, some Arthritis and 2 spots where I'm bone on bone) as well as rotator damage.

OP- Make sure you go to a sports doctor. I deal with the San Antonio Spurs team docs...they see this shit all the time (they also handle UTSA, Trinity U and local high schools). The Spurs shoulder/elbow guy did my tricep.

My friend recommended me someone from the great hospital nearby who works with the NY Jets so he's gonna be my guy. Just sucks I have to wait for my insurance situation to get resolved before I can see him.

I don't know if I want to do unilateral training because I don't want to develop any muscle imbalances. I will probably only do HIIT cardio, as it is muscle sparing and good for many other reasons. Maybe I might try to train some lower back and some legs, maybe biceps too if it doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
Good. Yes you are on the right track. Just be careful. That imbalance most likely led to blowing my tricep tendon on the opposite side. Now it's all getting the rest it should have gotten in the first place. I'm 6 weeks post op and am rehabbing the tri now.

Last edited:
My left shoulder started hurting the beginning of October and has progressively gotten worse with training. I took 3 weeks off and then trained again and it got even worse. I've been trying to train through it but I just can't do it anymore. Horrible timing because I started a light blast a few days ago too so I just wasted some gear.

Has anyone here dealt with something like this and how long did it take to heal? Did you have to ice it or do physical therapy? Is resting it the best option? What did you do to heal it, etc.

The BPC157 I get is either fake or doesn't work for me ever. I just ordered some from Grinstone Labs to see if I get any more benefit with theirs.

Shit bro that sucks. Hopefully it gets better without scope. My shoulder injury ended my power lifting carrier at 35. Sucks I finally made it into the top 3 in the world that year

110% or expect to regret it!

What are everyones thoughts of training unilateral after surgery? I've heard it will still stimulate the nerves in the side of the body that isnt exerting effort and help speed up the healing process.

Many many shoulder probs come simply from overextending the shoulder capsule such as going beyond the normal extension capacities. Going too deep or anything past 90 degrees.. anti inflammatories that are natural may help some.. sorry ur going thru this bro but u are young so take ur time and rehab accurately. pro

Rotator Cuff

I recently had a bad tear on the left side and strain on the right. I tried training through it....but it got much worse. I didn't want surgery so I went to a physical therapist. He had me do band exercises and stretching along with massage. Simultaneously, I used BP-157 and IGF injected in the joints twice daily for 6 weeks, then twice a week. I also injected thymosin 2x a week and HGH on two weeks, off a week and very short AS/PCT cycles. I rubbed in Sustanon over the joints with emu oil 2x a week for a while but the smell was too much so I stopped. It's been over 6 months and I'm close to 100% back to normal. No pain at all except mild twinge after a hard arm/shoulder workout.

Bigvin, with all the stuff you had contrast into joint definitely better. It is likely your doc knew before ordering test you would need the contrast based on your physical exam or X-rays. But, if they suspect it is just a cuff tear or SLAP, then regular MRI is fine. With the contrast injection there is always the slim but real possibility of joint infection. Bad deal.

But, yes, you are correct, MR done with needle injecting contrast into joint IS a better, more thorough test that gives more information.

FYI, contrast injected into joint doesn't burn. Contrast injected into vein 'may' burn or make you feel hot.

Good luck OP, rotator cuff rehab is long and sucks.

Personally, I did do some unilateral light dumbbell exercises. It can actually decrease atrophy of surgical side. At the suggestion of PT I did a lot of cardio. Blood flow is good. Also ASAP, they will get you on arm bike. Which feels great. Overall, it is a LONG process to comeback.

Hoping you just have a bit of impingement and inflammation!!

not to hijack but isnt this type of injury due to certain excercises. military press etc.

After a few decades of recreational sports along with being in the game, here is my 2 cents worth.

If it's a true tear in the wrong spot, no amount of therapy will ever make it 100%. Sometimes surgery is the only way.

Get several opinions. As others have commented, the shoulder is a very complicated joint and not the easiest to diagnose.

Try to go to a sports related practice/clinic. Not saying you got to go see Dr. Andrew's staff like the pros all do, but every major city has a well known practice that does the majority of work on local high school and college athletes.

1. Take two months off lifting chest and shoulders.

2. Pick two safe chest exercises to perform once you return. I do seated dip press and low cable crossover.

3. Pick two safe shoulder exercises to perform once you return. I do seated dumbell military press and rear delt cable pull.

4. You must absolutely avoid using too much weight and any exercise that puts strain on the joint.

Oh dude this is common with bodybuilding

take some off, let it heal. When you do come back to training, avoid anything that hurts your shoulder.... There will be a few exercises that will cause pain, don't do those... for me it's flat bench press, but not inclines. So I go really heavy on inclines and light on flat. Decline it doesn't bother me

1. Take two months off lifting chest and shoulders.

2. Pick two safe chest exercises to perform once you return. I do seated dip press and low cable crossover.

3. Pick two safe shoulder exercises to perform once you return. I do seated dumbell military press and rear delt cable pull.

4. You must absolutely avoid using too much weight and any exercise that puts strain on the joint.

See even if I try to do something like bent over DB rows, it doesn't hurt when I do it but picking up the dumbbell with my left arm causes a brief pain. I don't know if I should be totally avoiding it or not when it's such a brief moment of pain

Oh dude this is common with bodybuilding

take some off, let it heal. When you do come back to training, avoid anything that hurts your shoulder.... There will be a few exercises that will cause pain, don't do those... for me it's flat bench press, but not inclines. So I go really heavy on inclines and light on flat. Decline it doesn't bother me

Bigvin, with all the stuff you had contrast into joint definitely better. It is likely your doc knew before ordering test you would need the contrast based on your physical exam or X-rays. But, if they suspect it is just a cuff tear or SLAP, then regular MRI is fine. With the contrast injection there is always the slim but real possibility of joint infection. Bad deal.

But, yes, you are correct, MR done with needle injecting contrast into joint IS a better, more thorough test that gives more information.

FYI, contrast injected into joint doesn't burn. Contrast injected into vein 'may' burn or make you feel hot.

Good luck OP, rotator cuff rehab is long and sucks.

Personally, I did do some unilateral light dumbbell exercises. It can actually decrease atrophy of surgical side. At the suggestion of PT I did a lot of cardio. Blood flow is good. Also ASAP, they will get you on arm bike. Which feels great. Overall, it is a LONG process to comeback.

Hoping you just have a bit of impingement and inflammation!!

Is it really going to be that long? I don't think it's anything that will require surgery or anything. I tried taking 3 weeks off and it was better when I wasn't doing anything, but then training it again made it worse.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear